Thread: Cats

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate the new imgur... Anyone have a good image hosting site like the old imgur?

Anyways, cats:
    http://imgur.com/a/cRxl1

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    less than that you really think a cat will live 16 years
    I've had cats all my life. The oldest was 24, and didn't even die from natural causes - he picked a fight with a pack of coyotes (he'd done it a few times before, this time he lost).

He was likely a hybrid with a lynx or bobcat though (which may explain the unusual lifespan), he was the biggest cat we ever had - was unusually clever - and had far more musculature than a normal house cat: plus he was a farm stray from Northern Canada we took in, so entirely possible for a wild cat to have either crept into the stray flock, or for a parent to have been wild.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    They didn't tell me about this option, I should ask, how expensive is it? If you don't mind me asking.
    It was like $1700ish.

Just lost my cat recently due to kidney disease. Tried IV and stuff, but it wasn't doing anything but prolonging discomfort. He was a good cat, no spraying or territorial stuff, no missing the litter box at all. Utterly useless hunting skills though.

"I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    So are these self cleaning litter boxes any good? I would love to not have to clean that thing out every day. This cat, she will be outside, ask to come in, use the litter box and then go right back outside.
    Yes, they're amazing. With my 1 cat, I can go a month without having to change it out. But it's like $18 per month, so it's not cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    whats the point even having a pet if your always away from home
    I think your definition of "always away from home" and mine are different. Every few months, I go away for a few days. In total, I'm away from home maybe 25-30 days out of the year. That leaves 335 days or more when I'm at home and enjoy the company of my cat.

Also, cats regularly live to 20+ years old, so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if her 4 year old cat lives 16 more years.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think your definition of "always away from home" and mine are different. Every few months, I go away for a few days. In total, I'm away from home maybe 25-30 days out of the year. That leaves 335 days or more when I'm at home and enjoy the company of my cat.
    It really depends on the cat too, they all are weird in their own way. Some might be needy and going 3 days without seeing people might be hurtful, but others don't care at all.

Also, cats regularly live to 20+ years old, so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if her 4 year old cat lives 16 more years.
    Most of mine passed in the 19year mark, my last one was only 13. My grandmother had a cat go to 25.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Have a siamese cat named Kenny Powers, and a blue eyed dapple dachshund named royal that I've had since i was 15(28 now). I love animals, don't have a preference between cats or dogs they are both awesome. Also have a parrot and an iguana.

Yes, they're amazing. With my 1 cat, I can go a month without having to change it out. But it's like $18 per month, so it's not cheap.
    What kind of self cleaning litter box do you have?

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Here is a picture of my family cat Nero. He's such a delicious little nom cat. We found him as a six week old kitten mewing in the bushes in the front of our house. We're not sure if he was abandoned by his mother (he was pretty small probably the runt of the litter). We found him covered in fleas and with a cut on his chin but now 6 years later he is a spoiled little prince! A good lap kitty and actually demands to be pet while he eats.

Last edited by ShadowofVashj; 2016-03-30 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like cats. I feel like I share a lot more in common with the way they think compared to dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    What kind of self cleaning litter box do you have?
    ScoopFree. It's kinda blueish, uses crystals instead of clay litter. Doesn't smell at all unless she's literally urinated in it 30 seconds prior. Change it out once a month. Visitors to my apartment tell me they can't smell a thing.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    No cats here.

I own a Beagle.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    It was like $1700ish.
    Wow, yeah, I think I'll stick with the medication.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Just had to say goodbye to one of my little buddies on Friday. Had a heart condition which finally threw a clot and had to put him to sleep. Other one just got back from the vet today after being constipated since Sunday...now he's shitting everywhere and it smells like dead bodies. Fuck me.

But yes, I do enjoy cats.

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have a cat, love my cat.

She's very friendly, doesn't bother me when I don't want to be bothered, plays with me when I want to play, keeps all the bugs away. Unlike a dog, I don't have to rush home to take it outside to poop. She poops in a nice receptacle that makes cleaning easy (once a month). Unlike a dog, I don't have to wash her. She takes care of that herself. Unlike a dog, I can travel for a week and leave her home alone and she'll be fine.

Just a great pet.
    whoa. our cats look like they could be brother and sister.

Currently I have 3 cats. Two semi-normal boys and an older 19 (and still kicking mind you and outsmarts both of the boys) female. Female has developed a thyroid issue over the years but it's completely under control and just a pill three times a day. She's part Siamese so has a naturally high metabolism that requires a higher dose then normal.

My Best buddy aka follows me around to no end is Solid Black. His Uncle is Solid Grey. The Girl is a mix in coat color of a Chocolate Siamese with Tan Points with a Torbie Pattern on her sides.

I've always been a cat person. While I like all animals-I'm not afraid to admit my best friend is one of my cats.

Never owned a dog (not enough space, etc). Honestly I just find that dogs are dumb. While I know a few breeds are very 'intelligent' your average mutt is not. Nothing against them just not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by FeralSynapse; 2016-03-31 at 12:01 AM.

I love cats, I don't hate dogs, but I was brought up with cats, and I just love their personalities, I find dogs too needy, cats are a *do as they please* companion, and I love them for it, they know when you need them, and they come to you when they want to.

Some pics of my hubby with our big ginger kitty

Some randoms of the ginger one.

And our wee Jack attack kitty, he doesn't like getting his picture taken, so it's very hard to get one of him

Some silly ones of Oscar

Last edited by The Glitch; 2016-03-30 at 11:55 PM. Reason: added some more pics.

Nah, they stink. Had to keep my friends cat for a week, and omg my house stunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Nah, they stink. Had to keep my friends cat for a week, and omg my house stunk.
    Were you letting it pee and poop all over the house? Cause seriously, I've had cats all my life, and never had problems with them smelling the house apart from one of our younger kittens spraying in corners before we got them neutered.

And if you regularly keep their litter trays (if you use them) cleaned out, you should have no problems either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Were you letting it pee and poop all over the house? Cause seriously, I've had cats all my life, and never had problems with them smelling the house apart from one of our younger kittens spraying in corners before we got them neutered.

And if you regularly keep their litter trays (if you use them) cleaned out, you should have no problems either.
    Well it was still an un-neutered kitten. But all cat owners homes have a funny smell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.