Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Garrison 2.0 CONFIRMED - here we go

We were all very relieved when Blizzard announced that class order halls wouldn't be garrison 2.0.
    They would merely be hubs to ultimately send players out in the world. Sadly this seems to have changed.

In fact class order halls will be exactly like garrisons - a bad facebook game. Check it out for yourself with tons of missions already data mined.

I'm disappointed with blizzard, garrisons were a feature that was badly received and wildly criticized. And they are about to do the same mistake again. Are they really out of ideas and have to rely on cheap measures like these to keep people subbed and logging in?

Bad game design speaks for itself.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2016-03-31 at 11:05 AM.

what did you expect i predicted this like 6 months ago,blizz has given up on wow and you guys need to deal with it

How many bitch threads are you gonna start today? We have yet to see any proper functionality for it just wait till we see it proper instead of jumping the gun yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see anywhere on the link you provided that it will be the same as WoD's garrison, ie, click and drag

As far as I know, you could stil recruit followers that join you in doing those class halls quests

But,complain what you want, there's thousands of people in here that pretty much love to complain 24/7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    We were all very relieved when Blizzard announced that class order halls wouldn't be garrison 2.0.
    They would merely be hubs to ultimately send players out in the world. Sadly this seems to have changed.

In fact class order halls will be exactly like garrisons - a bad facebook game. Check it out for yourself with tons of missions already data mined.

I'm disappointed with blizzard, garrisons were a feature that was badly received and wildly criticized. And they are about to do the same mistake again. Are they really out of ideas and have to rely on cheap measures like these to keep people subbed and logging in?

Bad game design speaks for itself.
    but your still gonna buy legion and play like all whiners do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I don't see anywhere on the link you provided that it will be the same as WoD's garrison, ie, click and drag
    What? Just go through the linked missions. 90% are like garrison missions today you send out followers for 4+ hours and collect rewards.

What was wrong with garrisons?

Nice little hub where you can get gold and easy access to the world.

And!! You didn't have to go there every day.

Make 10 more whine threads and you will break a record or something.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    What? Just go through the linked missions. 90% are like garrison missions today you send out followers for 4+ hours and collect reward.
    I repeat, there's nothing there that points to being click and drag. The quest duration means you have to complete it in 4h (for example), and if you don't you loose that quest or it disapears and new ones show up.

Stop being so biased and one sided just to complain

7+ Year Old Account
    you really HAD to create another thread about this?
    we have like 5 other threads about this shit, is creating bitching threads your life essence or something? does that replace water for you or what?

Formerly known as Arafal

idk I personally really liked some parts of garrisons...
    like having to recruit followers, send them here and there, and deciding which buildings to build...
    what I didn't like is that it was just too good for everything... I'd like garrisons 2.0 to NOT replace my activities, but add some instead,
    and so far, going OUT with or without your followers to do those tasks seems fine...
    Oh and sorting followers traits was shit, so every1 just got an addon, maybe we could live without that function in garrisons 2.0 as well

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I repeat, there's nothing there that points to being click and drag. The quest duration means you have to complete it in 4h (for example), and if you don't you loose that quest or it disapears and new ones show up.

Stop being so biased and one sided just to complain
    Let's take the very first mission:

Information at Any Cost - Level 110. Item Level 700. 2 Followers. Cost: 5 Resources. Duration: 30 min. The Burning Legion's minions might have information about where the missing council members are being held. It must be obtained at any cost. Rewards: 100 XP, 10 Gold.

The mission involves 2 followers. What, you think you are going to go somewhere in the world and do it? Why list 2 followers then? Are you assuming these followers will appear like bodyguards and help you complete the mission? Really? If they are planning to do it like this, why didn't they say that they are planning to do it like this, that's quite a change? And why charge 5 resources, why not make it a daily, if it looks so much like a daily?

Nah. This mission is going to be "done" offline, by followers. You won't see how they "do" it. You will pay for it with resources, just like in garrison, it will require ilvl of some imaginary gear which isn't really gear (no stats, no nothing, it relates to real "gear" exactly as missions relate to real quests) on followers, just like in garrison, and it will reward you with imaginary XP for followers, just like in garrison. And no, 30 min does not mean something like "you have to complete it in 30 minutes or you fail it" or whatever, it means that once you click and "send" your guys to complete the mission, it will take 30 minutes to complete. Just like in garrison.

It's 99% garrison, your opponent is right.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-03-31 at 11:23 AM.

Guys please shut up about garrisons being bad. Garrisons aren't bad perse. I am sure that if there would have been a lot of OTHER content to do for you to do, garrisons would have seem fine.
    Also garrisons:
    shouldn't give a fuck ton of gold
    shouldn't give you an epic every other week from the respective raidlevel
    shouldn't have ore and herbs for you to pick without any contest

should have allowed you to join your followers on their missions to boost success%
    should have allowed you to customize more buildings and where to place them (the garrisons)

=============
    Wouldn't you, like... react the same as with those dailies in MoP. Blizzard really thought that everyone hated dailies... atleast that's what they claim. And so they removed dailies from the game sortof. Instead we got apexis crap. Everyone was really happy with that right? Instead ofcourse people weren't unhappy with dailies, but how in MoP Blizzard implemented them. (gating, forced etc)

Now with garrisons... you want them to remove "garrisons"? While it is in itself a decent feature. But in WoD it was used very very badly. Very badly implemented.
    So now in Legion we got Class Halls. Which looks and feels the same as the command table of our garrisons. So... you want to remove this? While the command table in itself isn't a bad feature. But we focus on it because it took "a lot of resources" or so we think. And those resources could have been spend on something more entertaining and lasting then "this facebook game".

So honestly... Garrisons/Command tables aren't the problem of WoD/WoW being a bad game. The lack of lasting entertaining content IS!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Guys please shut up about garrisons being bad. Garrisons aren't bad perse. I am sure that if there would have been a lot of OTHER content to do for you to do, garrisons would have seem fine.
    Also garrisons:
    shouldn't give a fuck ton of gold
    shouldn't give you an epic every other week from the respective raidlevel
    shouldn't have ore and herbs for you to pick without any contest

should have allowed you to join your followers on their missions to boost success%
    should have allowed you to customize more buildings and where to place them (the garrisons)

=============
    Wouldn't you, like... react the same as with those dailies in MoP. Blizzard really thought that everyone hated dailies... atleast that's what they claim. And so they removed dailies from the game sortof. Instead we got apexis crap. Everyone was really happy with that right? Instead ofcourse people weren't unhappy with dailies, but how in MoP Blizzard implemented them. (gating, forced etc)

Now with garrisons... you want them to remove "garrisons"? While it is in itself a decent feature. But in WoD it was used very very badly. Very badly implemented.
    So now in Legion we got Class Halls. Which looks and feels the same as the command table of our garrisons. So... you want to remove this? While the command table in itself isn't a bad feature. But we focus on it because it took "a lot of resources" or so we think. And those resources could have been spend on something more entertaining and lasting then "this facebook game".

So honestly... Garrisons/Command tables aren't the problem of WoD/WoW being a bad game. The lack of lasting entertaining content IS!
    I agree, but the reason people have issues with class halls being very similar to garrisons is this:

Blizzard's list of features for Legion is pretty small, its traditional zones / instances / raids, plus artifacts, class halls, and a few other things. Class halls are one of the few items, so people hope that they provide tons of interesting gameplay. Because if they don't, and artifacts don't (and they don't), etc, well... it's WoD all over again, nothing to do.

But as we get to know about class halls more and more, it turns out they are a *reduced* version of garrisons. And the gameplay they provide is that of the missions table. Now, fine, missions table is better than nothing and it has some value (I am fine with it), but is it a lot of interesting gameplay? Nah, it's not a lot, and it's not terribly interesting. And, just to remind, we aren't even talking about full garrisons here with buildings and the lengthy garrison campaign, etc. It's just the missions table and little else so far.

That's why people complain. Because class halls are one of the few items that Legion has and they turn out to be mediocre crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Make 10 more whine threads and you will break a record or something.
    Make one more off topic, non constructive comment to posts that have legitimate discussion value and you will be just like every other person that cannot refute what he is saying.

Thank you for the validation of the problems Legion is "keeping" from WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call them Garrison 2.0 if you don't build plots and upgrade your base, but only keep missions. Though mission durations should be much higher so you don't have to re-log every few hours. And rewards should scale appropriately too. Perhaps all missions should last at least 12 hours.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    It's not that garrisons are bad... it's that you could not ignore them... and in Legion they are absolutely REQUIRED.

And why do people think that if on some missions the followers join you to assist is a good thing? It's a freakin' MMO!!!! How about grouping with, you know... real people???

Holy hell! The facebook generation is killing this game.... "mmm minigames me likey, me likey!"

Bring back the MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And really..none of this "oh they read these forums too". Well, if they do...how come this apparently "badly received and wildly criticized" feature is (with some adjustments) again in Legion?
    I see two possible answers:

-It was indeed not that "badly received and wildly criticized" by people that are vocal outside forums
    -Blizzard does not care, hates us, is deaf, wants to kill WoW
    Third option: they invested so much time/resources in the development of garrisons that they need to reuse it in Legion to justify the time spent.

Shit, I'll chill in a swag paladin church and do follower missions, that beats being alone in my garrison

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE