For the next few days, only Random Draft and Captain’s Mode will be available in Ranked Matchmaking.
    Mute feature really paying for itself right now.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think stacking a camp can be compared to last hitting, i mean you've done some work, why not get some reward directly?

Those people who are really against helping supports somehow should try the avg. Pub as solo support against 2-3 invis heroes, then come back and still say support role don't need any changes to be more enjoyable.

It's not a difficult role, it's a frustrating role in pubs.

In pro games, you see teams giving the Earth shaker some space to farm his Blink dagger, in pubs you're never going to see this, if you go for some jungle creeps some assbags even snatch you the last hits because fuck you, you're support you don't need farm.

In organized teamplay, supports are sometimes given the space to get their most basic items, because they know an Omniknight w/o Arcane Boots / Soul Ring is fucking useless, people in pubs love to ignore that and rather spam:
    >We need wards.
    >We need detection.

It's insane how people underestimate the value of having some like Arcane boots early on heroes such as Omni or Ogre Magi, they just perma roam around the map and help to kill stuff, without those items they can go back to reg mana / health after every gank.
    In my book the worst player at my mmr is safe lane slark. He farms for 20 minutes and for what exactly? All he needs is a fucking orb of venom, shadow blade and level 6 - that's it, now go and farm enemy jungle or something and let your support who created space for you and still level 2 get some levels and items

- - - Updated - - -

Why i hate supporting:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2261056888

Safelane Void; uses Chrono on solo pudge vs Team with Omni & Agha.

You can throw games, and then there's this shit.
    Ha, i had a void today who didn't used his chrono, like, ever. When we catched up enemy WK without mana to ult - no chrono - got jumped on by magnus and pudge and got eaten. And this happened all the time. He even had aghs and still didn't used his chrono. Tho, when he actually used it it usually was won teamfight because disruptor
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It's frustrating when you're playing and you've got some decently high impact, but... the rest of your team just doesn't seem to follow. Like I had an omni game where our teamfights were almost entirely kept at equilibrium just because I was there to spam the shit out of Purification/Repel/etc, even though it was an awful fight to engage into at all. But team just wouldn't stop doing it... Lynchpin was I needed 200g for Shiva's and rest of team said "WE WANT TO ROSH", no fuck you guys, I'm getting my Shiva's first. It's literally just one more creepwave.

Then they run in and die miserably in a 4v5. And we lose two lanes of rax. Then they keep running in solo because I don't know why and game ends.

I still maintain the worst type of player is the afk jungler. A jungler isn't bad, and many of these heroes could do a lot of good, but I'm talking about the guy who picks Bloodseeker, walks into the jungle and afks until level 8, and still doesn't have any meaningful items.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then the AFK jungle proceeds to blame the rest of the team for losing their lanes, despite he himself doing nothing of value to contribute. So easy to blame your team for making mistakes when you have been PvEing the jungle for 10 minutes contributing nothing for the team.

Jungle is only good if the other team doesn't punish you enough. If you have an AFK jungler on your team and the other team isn't winning two lanes, or dominating one lane really badly, usually you will come out ahead as long as your team composition isn't complete shit.

Depends on who is in the jungle though. Some come online so late that it typically isn't worth the risk, while others have immediate impact and can make some really nice plays if they actually have a brain. Natures prophet is a great hero for a multitude of a reasons, but it's saddening when over half of them only use their global teleport early to farm creeps. You don't always have the option, but sniping couriers and having a global presence to gank is just amazing. But yet, a lot of them will just sit there and farm until they get a bunch of core items, despite a teleport + CC on most lanes with another dedicated CC will give that lane so much more space, and basically win that lane.

Yeah, that's why I'm talking about something like Bloodseeker, and I'm talking about literal afk farming. Heroes that don't really have more than the basic necessities to farm jungle.

Heroes like Nature's Prophet, Chen, Enchantress and Enigma are all great because they farm really well in the jungle and can easily transition at basically any point into lanes to make shit happens. I've no real serious complaints about those, provided NP isn't cliffjungling even though he wasn't using teleport to snipe courier...

10+ Year Old Account
    I screwed my game as NP last night. I wasn't doing too bad however 3 pointless deaths and built into right clicking bit late as our Morph wasn't pulling his weight. Hell the Clockwerk was pretty awful too, our support was decent and Enchantress, i don't even know.

I think it's just matter of when to farm and when to go offensive and gank. If I ganked bit more we would have won but pushed little too much and stained in jungle when I shouldn't.

-K

I see Valve are getting ahead of themselves with April fool's pranks this year. Not that I really mind All Pick being turned off as such, but it was nice for making sure all the OD insta pickers were all in the same place at least. I've always thought Random Draft led to much more interesting solo queue games, it at least provides you with a degree of choice over which Hero you play, but still allows for some depth in the picking phase.

Fingers crossed they do actually replace it with something else after the event is done. Something better, not just replace it with Diretide or whatever for a few days then bring it back. Its funny watching people lose their shit over it though, so well played Valve!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It's frustrating when you're playing and you've got some decently high impact, but... the rest of your team just doesn't seem to follow. Like I had an omni game where our teamfights were almost entirely kept at equilibrium just because I was there to spam the shit out of Purification/Repel/etc, even though it was an awful fight to engage into at all. But team just wouldn't stop doing it... Lynchpin was I needed 200g for Shiva's and rest of team said "WE WANT TO ROSH", no fuck you guys, I'm getting my Shiva's first. It's literally just one more creepwave.

Then they run in and die miserably in a 4v5. And we lose two lanes of rax. Then they keep running in solo because I don't know why and game ends.

I still maintain the worst type of player is the afk jungler. A jungler isn't bad, and many of these heroes could do a lot of good, but I'm talking about the guy who picks Bloodseeker, walks into the jungle and afks until level 8, and still doesn't have any meaningful items.
    That's the problem with being a support player. The whole idea that you can carry a team to victory by being good at support is 100% bullshit. There's no way you can control your entire team ditching you and starting a fight they can't possibly win. As a carry, you could maybe run in behind the enemy team and get pick offs, or very quickly push out a lane to prevent them from capitalizing on the team wipe, or at least mount some kind of base defense. As an Omni, all you can do is sit in fountain and pull your hair out. Your best bet is to just follow the idiots into any stupid battle, because you have to somehow keep them alive at all costs no matter how suicidal they are or you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    In my book the worst player at my mmr is safe lane slark. He farms for 20 minutes and for what exactly? All he needs is a fucking orb of venom, shadow blade and level 6 - that's it, now go and farm enemy jungle or something and let your support who created space for you and still level 2 get some levels and items
    If i farm as support for something, you can count down until some idiot pings me because he got ganked like an idiot and blames it on "no tp".

The fact that i'm out of mana and @50% Hp is something they just ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Lynchpin was I needed 200g for Shiva's and rest of team said "WE WANT TO ROSH", no fuck you guys, I'm getting my Shiva's first. It's literally just one more creepwave.
    Had a similiar game a few months ago.

LC & Doom on the enemy team, we were literally just winning fights because of Omni ult.

They push top lane, buybacks on both sides were used already, you knew it will be the last fight of the game, i need about 200g for Agha on Omni.

I farm the the creep camp next to base, told them to just let me get my Agha to win game, since i can just sit back for Ult and don't have to risk to get doom'd / duel'd.

Carry shows up, takes all last hits, i get to base, 100g missing for Agha and fight starts.

*x2 Blink sound effect*

YOU'RE DOOMED.
    FIGHT ME.

Eating dirt after 1 Second, team loses fight because no Omni Ult.

"Why no Omni ult?"

In hindsight, could have sold something to get Agha but damn, i'm trying to avoid saying this but my team really deserved to lose this game.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-03-31 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    <SNIP> ...
    Eating dirt after 1 Second, team loses fight because no Omni Ult.
    "Why no Omni ult?"
    Was your monitor and periphetals alive after that? I would have went full Hulk mode. What a bunch of t****s :/
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Was your monitor and periphetals alive after that? I would have went full Hulk mode. What a bunch of t****s :/
    Some shitty moments cross the line and become funny.

This was one of them, because it was so perfect.

The Steal
    The Kill
    The Question

It was bound to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some shitty moments cross the line and become funny.
    I was called a shitty support who ruined the game for everyone. I know that Venge is not in a good spot right now, but hey, i laughed it off, because my 6 deaths count wasn't comparable with 8 deaths OD mid. Then offlaner started blaming me aswell for lack of wards on the map (3 sentries and 2 obs atm with 0 wards in stock and bags). Then, when i literally run out of money because of being dead constantly to suicide-swap OD from fed Naix, all 4 players started yelling at me for not warding anything (while their necrophos was successfully dewarding everything with a gem), while sitting on "piles" (~1k) of gold while i sat a 80 gold and with brown boots at 20 minutes mark. What a fucking joke of a game, it was the very first time when i literally wanted to walk away from the keyboard. I even didn't wanted to use dust on enemy NP when it was a 100% kill because of these assholes. It wasn't rage, but i couldn't just forget all the crap i was accused of. Sure, some things become funny when they cross the line, but then there is other line and you just want want to mute all 9 players on both teams for next 10 games
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-04-01 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Then offlaner started blaming me aswell for lack of wards on the map (3 sentries and 2 obs atm with 0 wards in stock and bags).
    My favorite spam.

>I will purchase Observer Wards (Out of stock X:YZ)

If even your own messages answer your stupid demand, you know you fucked up.

Then, when i literally run out of money because of being dead constantly to suicide-swap OD from fed Naix, all 4 players started yelling at me for not warding anything (while their necrophos was successfully dewarding everything with a gem), while sitting on "piles" (~1k) of gold while i sat a 80 gold and with brown boots at 20 minutes mark. What a fucking joke of a game, it was the very first time when i literally wanted to walk away from the keyboard. I even didn't wanted to use dust on enemy NP when it was a 100% kill because of these assholes. It wasn't rage, but i couldn't just forget all the crap i was accused of. Sure, some things become funny when they cross the line, but then there is other line and you just want want to mute all 9 players on both teams for next 10 games
    Yeah those games suck ass especially if they drag on for a while.

But the situation i described was so funny probably because the whole situation happened in about 2minutes total and i basically foretold myself anything that would happen in the end.

Random draft / CM on ranked turns out to be quite bad, played only Random draft so far and pretty much all games were crushing defeats or landslide victories.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-04-02 at 09:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Was banned during the whole EG melt down.

Screw the professional scene seriously. What a mess.

RTZ can go fuck himself that guy is a liability and egotist con-man. But EG losing Universe is massive hes such an important part of that team and the amount of plays he would make alone. Huge loss.

PPD says nothing about it. Still hasn't. Why should I care about this game at any level seriously.

You're obviously caring given how angry you are about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Was banned during the whole EG melt down.

Screw the professional scene seriously. What a mess.

RTZ can go fuck himself that guy is a liability and egotist con-man. But EG losing Universe is massive hes such an important part of that team and the amount of plays he would make alone. Huge loss.

PPD says nothing about it. Still hasn't. Why should I care about this game at any level seriously.
    You can go fuck yourself, RTZ is the best, stop being so salty bro, been suckin dat ppd deek

hey m9 u wanna fite 1v1 me mid

mouse over blink to show max blink range

thoughts?

I would like something like that. It would help you practice, even in game, but wouldn't be useful when you were actually blinking so you'd still have to learn the range. No different than a custom game someone could make, like the neutral creep spawn boxes, hell, there's probably already one out there. I have like 5k games of dota2 and like 30k games of dota1 and I still have yet to learn max blink range, I have a rough guess but usually overshoot by a little bit, because there's just no visual reference to learn from. It's like trying to learn to aim a new gun in a FPS game with no bullet tracers.

Mouse over blink ranges aren't too bad. If you've got your mouse over it, you're not able to click to where you want to move so its usefulness outside of practice is limited. Its a nice optional learning feature, nothing more.

While we're at it, one for Leap would be nice too - I've seen more Miranas than I'd like getting themselves stuck with it recently. Its actually quite embarassing.