Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Would be interesting if you only needed to cast Living Bomb once a fight. Like if there are 3 targets, you apply LB to one, then it explodes and applies it the other 2 then those explode and now all 3 have LB on them, each one applying it to the other 2 when they explode. Would be fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictorum View Post
    Would be interesting if you only needed to cast Living Bomb once a fight. Like if there are 3 targets, you apply LB to one, then it explodes and applies it the other 2 then those explode and now all 3 have LB on them, each one applying it to the other 2 when they explode. Would be fun to see.
    That'd be so relaxing~

7+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone in the Alpha played Fire a bit now that Phoenix Flames is a separate button? I'm curious as to how it feels now and what kind of feedback still needs to be given about Fire's rotation. I've read some recent comments about some of the same issues, such as Firestarter, Cinderstorm, Pyretic Incantation, etc, that still need to be addressed.

Also, the Blast Furnace artifact trait. What's the damage like atm? If you double Inferno Blast (or more, with Flame on) while the Crucible of Flames DoT is still ticking, does it refresh the DoT, increase duration, add a stack? Is it spread-able or does it only remain on the target hit by Inferno Blast? I'm assuming the point is to have it as close to 100% uptime as possible, which I'm assuming isn't hard given how often we can use IB now.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictorum View Post
    We need to see how it works in-game when multiple bombs explode on each other at the same time. It's possible that multiple simultaneously exploding bombs won't re-apply it on others that have just exploded, maybe it will, we don't know.

If it doesn't reapply it, this would lead to situations in 3 target fights (for example) where it would constantly be 1 bomb > 2 bombs > 1 bomb > 2 bombs > etc. They'd never be 100% uptime on all 3 targets; you'd constantly have to apply more bombs, which would be frustrating. Let's just hope that it doesn't work out that way and multiple simultaneously exploding bombs re-apply it to all the other targets, otherwise this change would make LB a hassle to use.

Here's how the Hots version works.

Living Bomb has a 3 second burn, then explodes. Casting a second LB on the same target would cause the first one to automatically explode, but would still apply the second one (with a 3 sec duration).
    The Chain Bomb Talent makes it so that the explosion will cause anyone caught in the explosion to get their own Living Bomb. It does not spread to units already having LB.

This talent is huge in Hots, and is the reason why Kael'thas was considered OP.

However, in HotS, Living Bomb has a cooldown, so spreading effectively gives you an extra charge of the spell, plus any additional range the target may be away from you. Minion waves also can be killed by casting the bomb on the caster minion twice. In wow, getting extra range doesn't matter against mobs, since they're tanked. The spell also doesn't have a cooldown, so you're only saving a GCD for every minion past two.

As for not spreading to minions that already had it, that was changed because that capability was too powerful as burst, especially when a hero was inside a minion wave, multiplying the explosion damage. This would not be a terribly overpowered problem against mobs, though I suppose in a tightly packed area in PvP that could be an issue.

"Fire Mage – Living Bomb changed; it now spreads automatically on explosion, rather than when you cast Inferno Blast."

Well that was completely what i expected and is mindlessly boring, bravo blizz. You know what i love doing while spamming fireball and pyroblast? waiting for my living bomb to explode.

It looks like they removed the explosion on death too, which is worrying. So the target has to live for 12 seconds to explode, making the talent mostly useless for most trash. On top of that, they added a 12 second cooldown to the ability, and specified that it can't spread further than the first application. Not very impressed.

Hopefully, if the removal of explosion on death is just a tooltip and not gameplay change, then it could be interesting. Put the bomb on a priority target, kill it, and boom, everything else is a bomb. Gives slightly more gameplay than just hitting Inferno Blast, at least.

i didn't think they could make living bomb worse BUT
    here we are boys

Hopefully explode on death is still in and is a tool tip error. (anyone able to test this?)
    12 seconds is too long for this LB change, but then again 3 seconds is too short if was to mirror the HoTS version. Requesting happy medium please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    i didn't think they could make living bomb worse BUT
    here we are boys
    Its actually quite fun in HoTS (again the 3 second timer isnt good for WoW) But then again what is fun is subjective.
    Keen to see some footage of it in action.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I like the new LB changes at all. Now with a 12 second cd and the chain doesn't actually spread more than once per the original bomb feels like it would be much weaker than it is currently, considering that we can no longer manually spread it to maximise DoT and explosion damage uptime. It just seems like much more frustrating/a hassle to use now because if the chain gets screwed up cause the original bomb add moved too far away then it would completely waste the chain. Bleh, doesn't sound appealing any more. That whole tier doesn't seem appealing as a whole for Fire tbh in terms of single target fights; guess I'll have to stick with Unstable Magic then :/

Although if someone in Alpha could do some testing with Living Bomb in a dungeon and give some feedback on how it feels mechanically/how much damage it does that would be great to hear.

The tooltip makes it sound awful, in my opinion. The part that made the spell awesome to me was having multiple explosions all going off together, or in rapid succession. By tying the spread to the explosion, it means I'll have to wait up to 24 seconds after the initial application if I want to get any serious payoff. And if it's true that it won't explode when an enemy dies anymore, then that's going to lead to a lot of situations where the bombs just may not go off at all. That really sucked for me back in WotLK, when I'd do dungeons and my bombs barely got to explode because they didn't make it 12 seconds.

It's also going to be an annoying quality of life drop for me out in the world, because the new cooldown on it will prohibit me from using it to tag multiple distant enemies at once if I want to try to AoE them down. Without being able to spam Living Bomb, my only other option to tag enemies will be Spellsteal, and that's really going to suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I mentioned in the main mage thread: How about making the explosion tick every 3-4 seconds over the 12 second duration? Modifying the explosion damage as needed of course.

Yeah fuse time has to be lowered and explosion on death needs to be brought back (unless it still is, I'll test that later) but other than that I think it's decent.
    The fact that it doesn't spread after the first explosion isn't an issue when fuse time is 12 sec but will be with a fuse time of 4-6 sec.

I get that applying it more often would be a pain but a spell that explodes every four seconds just wouldn't feel like Living Bomb to me any more. I mean... that isn't how a bomb works.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I get that applying it more often would be a pain but a spell that explodes every four seconds just wouldn't feel like Living Bomb to me any more. I mean... that isn't how a bomb works.
    It's almost like MOBA mechanics shouldn't be in an MMORPG. Who could have seen that?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can understand them wanting to remove LB and DoT spreading from being tied to Inferno Blast but on one hand I think this complete separation of Inferno Blast and spreading has kinda ruined a bit of Fire in terms of controlling where and when we want our DoTs to go.

I would've probably been fine if they just added another charge to Inferno Blast and kept everything as it is. Like even atm in live with 1 charge of IB it's not a disaster of a situation, it's not like Fire is mechanically unplayable because of it... 2 charges definitely makes it better in all cases. Heck, give us a passive talent that gives a 3rd charge of IB (or reduces the recharge timer of IB) and leave LB the hell alone so we can spread it however/whenever we want with IB.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Things change. LB doesn't work with the current Inferno Blast anyway so might as well do something cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Things change. LB doesn't work with the current Inferno Blast anyway so might as well do something cool with it.
    Well LB either needs to explode constantly and keep spreading or be a spreadable DoT/explosion that you spread. One or the other, but they can't keep the ridiculous 12s timer and not have us controlling the spread.

I'd be totally fine with a quick explosion but I'm not fine with one that takes 24s for adds that have puny health bars.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yeah that's what I said too in my previous comment. They're obviously trying something new so changes will probably happen (if we give proper feedback).

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Yeah that's what I said too in my previous comment. They're obviously trying something new so changes will probably happen (if we give proper feedback).
    Idk man, they're neglecting Mage pretty hard. Frost has been practically untouched since release so I'm very skeptical. They might keep this laughable 12s duration.