Thread: The UFC Thread

lol but yay, now they can rotate between Vegas and MSG for state side PPVs.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted

That and other interviews of his, he even speaks a bit like Mike Tyson, he's not really bright and not all there. Whether it's because he's been hit too much of maybe he became what he was because he already was a bit simple, but yeah, he doesn't represent the UFC as a combination of a successful fighter and intelligence. He's missing the latter, poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

That and other interviews of his, he even speaks a bit like Mike Tyson, he's not really bright and not all there. Whether it's because he's been hit too much of maybe he became what he was because he already was a bit simple, but yeah, he doesn't represent the UFC as a combination of a successful fighter and intelligence. He's missing the latter, poor kid.
    shut up, you're just salty conor lost to a better fighter.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Official UFC200 announcements. Conor vs Nate 2, Aldo vs Edgar 2, Travis Browne vs Cain Velasquez as well. The Aldo/Edgar bout is for an interim Featherweight title. RDA, Tate, Lawler still without fights so we'll see if they add any of them. All the other champs outside of whoever (if it even happens) wins between Jones/Cormier will likely be too short notice to be added but who knows. Thoughts? I don't like the main event but I heard they're giving Conor a rematch because of his willingness to fight short notice opponents or something like that?

I like the looks of 198 more than 200 tbh but if they added Lawler I am down with it
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2016-03-31 at 02:35 AM.

Interim Featherweight title while the champ fights on the same card. Fucktarded. I'm an Aldo fan, but I'm a bigger Edgar fan and McGregor v. Edgar at MSG would be tits.

I'm pulling for Diaz, Edgar, Velasquez, don't have a dog in the Hendricks/Gastelum fight, da Moose, J-Lau, and Gomi (for old times sake). Should be some fun fights.

They need to beef up that 200 card. How do you have a monumental event with no title fights? Shouldn't even be a PPV with no title fights. I don't count Aldo/Edgar as a title fight, cuz of the stupid ass champ also fighting on the card in his second straight non-weight class fight. But good call by Dana White to get that belt back in rotation to some extent.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    the ufc is turning into wwe, so Aldo vs Edgar is a interim title fight , while the champion is fighting on the same card? against a ranked 155 but at 170 so he can have a pre-fire excuse going? lolol what a fucking joke. this shit is just sad. there was a time mma fans wouldn't call fighters champions until they defended the belt at least once...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    there was a time mma fans wouldn't call fighters champions until they defended the belt at least once...
    That's just a bitter excuse for not being able to stomach the current winner. Holly Holm was no less of because she lost to Tate. She put the work in, earned her title shot, and delivered. McGregor, whatever you want to think of him, did the same thing. His record to that belt was impeccable and dominating.

They don't all have to be non clowning Silva or GSP, dancing around their opponents and winning decisions to keep a belt for 100 years to call themselves a champion. That's a prime no true Scotsman and it's silly.
    BAD WOLF

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    what bitter excuse ? i dont care if conor mcgregor is champion but going on clown fights instead of defending the belt against legit contenders is stupid, Frankie more than earned that shot , Aldo was champion since the start of 145 probably deserved that shot. instead he goes freeweight against vacation diaz gets smashed and then wants a repeat? lolol. shit even Mendes who fought on 2 weeks notice with a broken foot btw gave connor problems. maybe he's scared he cant drug addict weight again, he looks like a corpse on weigh ins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    what bitter excuse ?
    The one I quoted and you aren't talking about at all in this post. A champ is a champ. Whether they are a good one or build a legacy is a different question.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sage Northcutt added to the card as well as Cat Zigano. Co-main still not announced but someone high up said it eill blow everyone's minds?

Makes me think of 1/3 fights and thatd be Lesner return, GSP return or Fedor in the ufc. Doubtful on Brock or Fedor but I can picture GSP vs Lawler being the co main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    *snip*
    GSP has been very active on social media and looks as in shape as he always is. I guess him coming back would be exciting, but I doubt it would blow everyone's minds. It would be crazy if they brought a lot of people back that haven't fought in a while though...sorta like a greatest hits round of fights, but most guys are probably out of shape or off their rocker on substances.
    BAD WOLF

Apparently DC out because of injury, this fucking sucks, was really hoping the fight would still go down. I'm thinking either they replace DC with Rumble for interim or they will postpone the fight for UFC 200.

That as the co for 200 would be ridiculous, especially if they have something else lined up as well.

Deleted
    Id take Bones Jones vs Gustafsson II aswell.

It's Bones vs. OSP. Wooooooo? Should be an easy win for Jones. Hopefully they're using this to set up Jones v. Johnson @ UFC 200, if Cormier is still out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just discovered that the Brazilian Olympic committee opted to include golf as demonstrative sport in Rio2016 instead of BJJ which is literally a sport born there.

I'm speechless.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's uhh..../slowclap Brazil :-/
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tony Furguson pulls out vs Khabib, what a bummer man

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Tony Furguson pulls out vs Khabib, what a bummer man
    Yep, I was really looking forward to that fight, now apparently Cowboy wants the fight but honestly I think he will get destroyed.