Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I still can't be arsed to put in the effort and gil for the 210 version. Feels so bad to work so hard for an item that is worse than my current tome weapon.

If it at least would look pretty.... but ... not even that. ._.
    B-but think about the lore!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    B-but think about the lore!
    Anima Waifu? Yeah I picked female voice :O

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Anima Waifu? Yeah I picked female voice :O
    I still like the theory its Iceheart or Hauchefant.

If it's Haurchefant then I'm doing it again. HAURCHEFANT, I cri everytiem

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that would be ... awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If it's Haurchefant then I'm doing it again. HAURCHEFANT, I cri everytiem
    If it is i'll go with Hauchefant for my DRK Relic and stick with Icecube waifu for my NIN daggers.

Glamour is definitely the main reason to go after the relic weapons. I just wish it were easier to find armour that matches some of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I still can't be arsed to put in the effort and gil for the 210 version. Feels so bad to work so hard for an item that is worse than my current tome weapon.

If it at least would look pretty.... but ... not even that. ._.
    it's all about the journey!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Glamour is definitely the main reason to go after the relic weapons. I just wish it were easier to find armour that matches some of them...
    Pretty much. The amount of effort it takes to get them is just not worth it for the supposed casual players. I think it would have to be at least half of what it is now to be even thought about. Personally I'll be working on it very slowly for the 230 DRK version as I like it a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    it's all about the journey!
    If the process of acquiring the mats were entertaining I would do it.
    But it's just menial busywork for the sake of ... doing menial busywork in order to get an already outdated item (and do more boring busywork).

I rather do menial busywork in real life where I get rewarded with Euros to spend on kinky stuff.

Knowing SE they will nerf the crap out of it eventually. The projection option can wait until then.

Its not that bad -as long as you can afford or craft/know someone who can craft the 16 HQ items. The rest is not hard but just a grind.

I've been doing it one and off from the dailies and buying the unidentifieds with tomestones since launch with a bunch of weekly breaks and im at 15 to go out of 80, with a server that has a hunt link shell you could get it down in a week easy, but unless you speak german my server is kind of lacking in this regard but if you can find one its not that bad, just takes time unless you want to do more than your once a day bonus roullettes for it. I just spend like 2 hours after the 4pm reset and that gets you a few a day alone and it all adds up.

Its funny though, my friends kept saying i was wasting my time and should just go for the lore weapons and now they are all in a mad dash for that 230 ilvl
    Luckily for me, I have a friend that can cover the crafting part, provided I supply the materials.

The one positive about this setup is the fact we're able to work on step 3 (the crafting/tomes grind) well in advance of the step. Not to mention there's multiple paths to take to farm all the unidentified items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Speaking of the anima weapons ... I'm suppose to collect crystals from doing FATEs right? (I don't have a zeta to trade in.)

How rare are those stupid crystals?
    I spent the better part of a hour or two in Sea of Clouds running fates one day (leveling SMN), got all of 0. Meanwhile, 2 other people joined while I was there and got all 3 they needed.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they will back port FFXV graphical advanced into FFXIV ...

Just saw the Platinum Demo play through. FFXV's Carbuncle <3 :3
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Pretty much. The amount of effort it takes to get them is just not worth it for the supposed casual players. I think it would have to be at least half of what it is now to be even thought about. Personally I'll be working on it very slowly for the 230 DRK version as I like it a lot.
    I personally think it's been fine so far.

I don't do organized raiding in this game so my playtime is usually spent doing dailies or roulettes, both of which reward currency used to get the relic items. No real extra effort required besides the first fate grind step. Tomes and tribe tokens for the 80 items, then the millions of gil from IV materia covered the crafted items.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I spent the better part of a hour or two in Sea of Clouds running fates one day (leveling SMN), got all of 0. Meanwhile, 2 other people joined while I was there and got all 3 they needed.
    So I should join when you are farming?

Seriously though, I think it will be something I do in my spare time. This level of RNG will drive me crazy if I make it an explicit goal.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    So I should join when you are farming?

Seriously though, I think it will be something I do in my spare time. This level of RNG will drive me crazy if I make it an explicit goal.
    If you are on Balmung, yes.

I'm just going to work on them via leveling alt jobs. I have every DoW/M at 50 now except mnk and nin. Oh, and blm/smn, which are already 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I personally think it's been fine so far.

I don't do organized raiding in this game so my playtime is usually spent doing dailies or roulettes, both of which reward currency used to get the relic items. No real extra effort required besides the first fate grind step. Tomes and tribe tokens for the 80 items, then the millions of gil from IV materia covered the crafted items.
    I rather play other games on the side than do all the randoms + dailies every day which would take somewhat north of 2.5 hours.

Typically, unless new content is released, I only do the expert to cap lore and if I am in the mood low level for my current alt project.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I

Story time!

When my guild at the time was raiding Highmaul, we were working on Mythic Imperator. Our Resto Druid was consistently going OOM, but she didn't know why. I also didn't know why. I had no way of telling why she was going OOM - were people taking too much damage? Was she spamming too much Regrowth? Was she not taking advantage of Clearcasting procs? What was going on?

But thanks to having a meter available, and the ability to export parses into Warcraft Logs, I was able to look at multiple pulls on the boss and pinpoint the fact that she was using Wildgrowth on CD when it wasn't actually needed (and Wildgrowth is a huge mana hog). Had I not been able to actually break down her spell use and see what she was using and when, and actually see how her mana was dropping over the course of the fight, we wouldn't have been able to progress because people were dying because she kept running OOM.

Did this turn the situation toxic? No. Because the situation was already toxic because no one could figure out why people were dying to unavoidable damage when all the healers were at such high HPS (hint: it was because one of the healers was blowing her load in the first 2 minutes of the fight and had no mana to continue from there on). It would have turned worse if we didn't pinpoint the problem.

So I brought it to the healing lead and let him take care of it. Problem solved, no negativity, and I didn't need to spend an extra 200 wipes on Mar'gok because the Resto Druid couldn't keep her mitts off the Wildgrowth button.

In FFXIV I just have to sit there, scratching my head, and going, "um, well, maybe I should have healed more..." Because there's no way to tell what the hell is going on because we can't actually see what other people are doing without targeting them and staring (which isn't wise when you're trying to down a raid encounter).
    Excellent point. You know it's funny my Hpal IRL friend does the EXACT same thing. Does high HPS, skirts being OOM, tank dies, and I'm like dawg why are you OOM all the time.

I have to agree with the above, quoted post... You can't have serious raiding without logging. It just doesn't work when you hit a wall. You need to be able to review and find ways to improve. Can't do that if there is no data.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Excellent point. You know it's funny my Hpal IRL friend does the EXACT same thing. Does high HPS, skirts being OOM, tank dies, and I'm like dawg why are you OOM all the time.
    That's because morons think "High HPS = great healer". I always cringe when people use nothing but that single bar to assess whether someone did good or not.
    That doesn't even work for DPS, much much less so for healers.

Imho "overheal" is a much more interesting statistic. Try having a high HPS and an as low overheal as possible.
    -> You automatically ramp up your HPS when it is actually needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    I have to agree with the above, quoted post... You can't have serious raiding without logging. It just doesn't work when you hit a wall. You need to be able to review and find ways to improve. Can't do that if there is no data.
    Agreed.
    I wonder whether savage raiding would exist the way it did in 3.0 w/o tools like ACT.

10+ Year Old Account
    The above is precisely the reason why I never used recount much.
    I worry about the fight and doing as good as I can.

Whatever DPS is the result is my DPS. I never cared about it that much unless I screwed up and ended up too low in comparison to my co-shadow.
    The latter being the reason why I want Warcraftlogs for assessment purposes.