Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The bolded is obviously incorrect. On its merits, men's soccer is better than women's soccer. Players are faster, stronger, and would certainly win any matchup.

Another obvious point is that while the USWNT is currently more profitable, there's good reason to believe that men's soccer generally has higher potential profits. In the national scene, improving a men's team has more merit than improving a women's team when considering the potential prestige and profit. There's much more to be gained by elevating the men's national team than the women's.

On the object level, I agree with the USWNT that they have a good case to be paid equally. What I don't agree with is the notion that there isn't any reason other than sexism to pay the men more.
    If men played against women that might be remotely relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If men played against women that might be remotely relevant.
    I don't know what your point is. Their claim is that there's no merit-based reason for men to earn more than women. There are obvious merit-based reason for men to earn more - they're better at athletics and their game is more interesting to people. The potential rewards for US Soccer are much higher if they're able to promote a better men's game and it seems unlikely that this interest is promoted through faux-egalitarianism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously how many times has the fact they take in more money been posted?
    Yeah but this:

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    The reason that the women's team gets paid less than the men's team is because there is less competition for the female players. Yes in the US women's soccer is more popular than men's, but other countries aren't trying to sign away all the women players. For men's soccer, if the US didn't pay the players a very large amount of money, the men would go play for other countries. It isn't sexist, it isn't a conspiracy to keep women down, it has nothing to do with which is more profitable, it is a simple case of supply and demand. Worldwide demand of women players is lower than the worldwide demand of male players.

But that has been shown to be false, throughout the thread.

Since when do women soccer teams make more money than mens? I never see women's soccer being broadcasted on TV.. on the other hand, there are lots of MLS games on TV.. so anyone can explain to me how women's soccer brings in more money than men's?

If the facts presented here are true, this is clearly pay discrimination and is being handled correctly by going to court. Good.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

How many times has it been posted that the fact that they take in more money isn't a fact, and is a manipulation of data that leaves out ad revenue sharing and compares a womens world cup year to the year after the mens world cup, then includes an extra 10 games that they expect to make money from, then claim that they should make the same per game, even though it took them more games to make about the same... in ticket sales... and not total revenue which isn't even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Since when do women soccer teams make more money than mens? I never see women's soccer being broadcasted on TV.. on the other hand, there are lots of MLS games on TV.. so anyone can explain to me how women's soccer brings in more money than men's?
    profit maybe? if pay is low so are expenses
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    How many times has it been posted that the fact that they take in more money isn't a fact, and is a manipulation of data that leaves out ad revenue sharing and compares a womens world cup year to the year after the mens world cup, then includes an extra 10 games that they expect to make money from, then claim that they should make the same per game, even though it took them more games to make about the same... in ticket sales... and not total revenue which isn't even close.
    extra games of woman's team are safe bet, they are good enough to expect a victory tour is profitable. do you really blame the ladies for more opportunities ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Their non-international careers and worth are what dictate their international pay........

Clint Dempsey, for example. He has a guaranteed compensation from 2015 of like $4,500,000 or something... He is not going to risk his livelihood and millions of dollars to play for the US team, if he gets paid the same as a National Women's Soccer League player who makes $40,000 a year...

If the US team wants the best male players to compete, they have to pay them commensurate to their worth in the sport.

EDIT:
    Adding onto what I said above, Clint Dempsey would not by perturbed by having the same pay. He would be perturbed by having low pay.

And if they are to be paid the same, the female players would have to be paid far more than they are worth in the sport... Like the US team would have to pay them hundreds of thousands of dollars to participate on the national team, while they get paid peanuts in their respective clubs...
    Wow, you're pathetic, what hes worth is nothing, they are ALL worth nothing, they never grew up from being little boys, there worth to society is kicking a fucking ball around.

Listen to all your shit "If the US team wants the best male players to compete, they have to pay them commensurate to their worth in the sport." yeah but the women are just worth shit?

Football isn't a sport of strength, who's to say many of these women aren't better than the men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    More women need to watch soccer then, I find matches played by men boring enough, but watching women play it in the elite league is painful. Its 4 times slower atleast and they would likely be outplayed by most 13 years old men teams.

Are they gonna subsidise womens fotball then? I think there are more important issues :P
    Feels like lies honestly lol, I don't even like football and the TWO times only I saw women playing football I was like "fuck this is alright, for once they arn't being bitches and always trying to get free kicks and just actually playing the game instead of bullshitting"

Its ironic but they are actually more focused on the sport instead of trying to constantly cheat and play politics on the field like the men, basically they are less bitch players than the men.

Thats what I saw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror13 View Post

Feels like lies honestly lol, I don't even like football and the TWO times only I saw women playing football I was like "fuck this is alright, for once they arn't being bitches and always trying to get free kicks and just actually playing the game instead of bullshitting"

Its ironic but they are actually more focused on the sport instead of trying to constantly cheat and play politics on the field like the men, basically they are less bitch players than the men.

Thats what I saw.
    From what i've seen that more of a European thing than anything else. You won't see it in US soccer anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Surely it is sexist to claim to be the best, when in fact they are only crowned the best due to having vaginas.

They are not the best, the very best female player from the US would not even be good enough to play on the US male team.

- - - Updated - - -

If pay was not based on mediocrity, then the women would earn nothing. I cannot emphasise enough how poor the standard of football is in the women's game.
    Comparing the Women's game to the Men's is absurd anyway, and well, the number of fucking pansy ass players in Euro soccer who whine when someone slides into their legs is amazing, meanwhile the Women's teams get up and walk it off like nothing ever happened. Honestly, the biggest problem with men's pro soccer is that most of the players are overpaid babies and nothing more, but I could say the same about most professional sports these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Comparing the Women's game to the Men's is absurd anyway, and well, the number of fucking pansy ass players in Euro soccer who whine when someone slides into their legs is amazing, meanwhile the Women's teams get up and walk it off like nothing ever happened. Honestly, the biggest problem with men's pro soccer is that most of the players are overpaid babies and nothing more, but I could say the same about most professional sports these days.
    Diving for a foul that never actually happened can gain an advantage for your team, hence why they do it, it has nothing to do with them being pansies, it is plain old cheating.

Plus if you have ever been on the end of a proper tackle, those fuckers hurt, miss the timing of it and you can snap a players ankle off.

Football isn't a sport of strength, who's to say many of these women aren't better than the men.
    Everyone that has played at Sunday League level and above, and the women themelves.

Professional, international-level women footballers struggle against male youth team players, because the boys are faster and stronger, so they can just kick the ball past the women, sprint ahead of them, hold off any challenges, etc.

As the boys are stronger they can kick the ball harder and increased stamina means they can play for longer at full tilt.

Like Rousey said, if you want to be paid more you need to bring in more money. Increasing their pay without them bringing in more money could cause major damage to the league.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    Like Rousey said, if you want to be paid more you need to bring in more money. Increasing their pay without them bringing in more money could cause major damage to the league.
    Women's soccer don't really have leagues on the same level of men's, hell even in North America, the men's league is MLS which is a far cry from the Premier League. And even MLS has pretty bad viewership draws, so I can't imagine women's leagues drawing any better, particularly in NA and with the PL being so dominant in Europe (and probably draws more viewers in NA than MLS does on a nightly basis), should be an indicator of how hard it would be for women's soccer to actually succeed. Their only two real platforms are the Olympics and the Women's World Cup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Wow, you're pathetic, what hes worth is nothing, they are ALL worth nothing, they never grew up from being little boys, there worth to society is kicking a fucking ball around.
    You should really look into what some of the big names did, John Cruijf is a fine example.

Youth teams have no problem with defeating the best woman's team.
    The top 50, no top 100, Euro clubs could easily keep a clean sheet against the best woman's team, while scoring 20+ goals. Not that we'll ever see it, as it;d be a pointless match.

10+ Year Old Account

Listen to all your shit "If the US team wants the best male players to compete, they have to pay them commensurate to their worth in the sport." yeah but the women are just worth shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what I saw.

With regard to the first part, I am not saying they are worth less, business in general does. No one watches women's soccer outside of our world cup appearances. They get paid shit because advertisers pay them shit because no one watches.

With regard to the second part... The US Women's National Team played against the Men's U17 (under 17) team in 2012 (they were world champs back then too). They lost 8-2. Against 16/17 year old boys.

The only woman vs men game I saw was a first woman bundesliga team vs 14th league german male team, the woman won 4:1.

I would expect professionals to win more clear against non fit amateurs.

Oh and it was on a smaller playfield apparently.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-03-31 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    The only woman vs men game I saw was a first woman bundesliga team vs 14th league german male team, the woman won 4:1.

I would expect professionals to win more clear against non fit amateurs.

Oh and it was on a smaller playfield apparently.
    I think the 14th division in the Netherlands is close to our lowest amateur division(eredivisie -> J-Division -> TopKlasse -> HoofdKlasse -> 1ste klasse(5th division) -> ..... -> 10de klasse(14th division). lol

Have to look it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Woops, my bad.
    Dutch Football only goes down to 6rde klasse for amatuars, making it our 10th division.