Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Go read HB forums - there was a small banwave on 05.02, so my guess is that your guildies botted and they are too embarrassed to admit it

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those hit in the newest ban wave were for violating the ToU, just as it was in the prior 2 ban waves within the past 7 or 8 months. If there were players that got hit again, it is because they were still cheating...not due to using the same battle.net account they did when they got hit in the first ban wave. A vast majority of those hit will not be able to get the appeals process to over-rule the ban as Blizzard has been carefully documenting any of the bans and reasons prior to account action being taken.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Once a botter, always a botter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Not to add onto the fire but.. I'm again HAPPY Blizz in handling business, and happy people are getting their ass handed to them. Do I care that you played over 11.25 years before they caught you? Am I laughing my ass off that you can't play the damn game - but instead - have the computer play for you? Yeah, again - for anyone who has lost countless rando battlegrounds, and been interupted the second they even pressed down on a cast - burn in a fucking fire botters

How silly that they don't ban for using the same email address. What's the purpose of a ban, if you're not banning the individual?

To knowingly allow a user to create a new account, after they've been banned, kinda proves what people have been saying all along -- that Blizzard really doesn't care about the integrity of the game, and cares more about the revenue they make off of players buying the game again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    How silly that they don't ban for using the same email address. What's the purpose of a ban, if you're not banning the individual?

To knowingly allow a user to create a new account, after they've been banned, kinda proves what people have been saying all along -- that Blizzard really doesn't care about the integrity of the game, and cares more about the revenue they make off of players buying the game again.
    Ofc Blizzard is in it to make money....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I find it fair, think a bot ban should be battle.net wide, so you would need a new account in total.
    and ban ip addresses

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    and ban ip addresses
    Since most IP addresses are dynamic, bad idea to ban at that level.

and ban ip addresses
    IP address are 99% dynamic you moronic bla bla bla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I find it fair, think a bot ban should be battle.net wide, so you would need a new account in total.
    I agree. It shouldn't be possible to just make a new WoW-Account on the Battle.net account and keep all achievements etc. - if you get banned for cheating, it should be battle.net wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got caught in the 'Maywave' for an old, defunct bot many many years ago. The email address I used for that account has been used for several others, and I've not been arbitrarily hit. I got hit about a year ago for a rotation bot, like many people did, but it was temp, and had nothing to do with the email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    and ban ip addresses
    That would be stupid. Permanently banned players generally buy the game again.

Companies are meant to do whatever they can to maximize profits, not to be the internet police.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    IP address are 99% dynamic you moronic bla bla bla
    Not only that but it seems like it could really backfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I agree. It shouldn't be possible to just make a new WoW-Account on the Battle.net account and keep all achievements etc. - if you get banned for cheating, it should be battle.net wide.
    You're missing the broader problem with that. If you ban the b.net account, you also ban their Starcraft and Diablo accounts. I think that's just a wee bit harsh a punishment for botting in one game, but playing legit in the others. That's like giving the death penalty to a shoplifter.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by btlcryct View Post
    Since most IP addresses are dynamic, bad idea to ban at that level.
    That aside it'd tend to ban an entire household rather than just one person.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You're missing the broader problem with that. If you ban the b.net account, you also ban their Starcraft and Diablo accounts. I think that's just a wee bit harsh a punishment for botting in one game, but playing legit in the others. That's like giving the death penalty to a shoplifter.
    Nah - Either you cheat on battle.net or you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Good thing people like you don't run the show then.

I was banned once. i added another game license - to the same account using the same email. never been banned after this so this is not true, unless your friends botted again!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

You are a crazy man. So if you cheat on steam in counter-strike - should valve ban your entire account and you lose ALL your games? lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    I was banned once. i added another game license - to the same account using the same email. never been banned after this so this is not true, unless your friends botted again!

- - - Updated - - -

You are a crazy man. So if you cheat on steam in counter-strike - should valve ban your entire account and you lose ALL your games? lmao.
    It happens on rare occasions yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

based on your logic if you shoplift once and get caught - you should be permanently get banned from every single store for life?

or you get a ticket for speeding? they should just revoke your license for life too? lmao you are crazy