Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Master Plan Question

I have used Master Plan for a very long time and have never seen this pop up before and I am unable to do anything until I solve the puzzle? I've tried guessing, but so far haven't figured it out. Any ideas?

It's a really bad april fools joke. Answer is 83.

- - - Updated - - -

Would have been moderately funny if they'd given you the information you needed to calculate the chance, but since they didn't give the mission level, all you can do is estimate and guess, which takes it from "maybe kinda funny" to trolling.

It's also poorly coded enough that it seriously fucks up some other parts of the UI (like not being able to open the game menu or use slash commands).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

This bullshit means I'm now looking for a MasterPlan replacement.

No add-on should PRESUME it's important enough that it can interfere with the game like this. Not even for the poorly-thought out "giggles" of the programmer(s). ESPECIALLY for the poorly thought out "giggles" of the programmer(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post

No add-on should PRESUME it's important enough that it can interfere with the game like this. Not even for the poorly-thought out "giggles" of the programmer(s). ESPECIALLY for the poorly thought out "giggles" of the programmer(s).
    kek relax it's just a game

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    kek relax it's just a game
    It's people like this that allows mediocrity to flourish.

You poor poor baby!

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    It's a really bad april fools joke. Answer is 83.

- - - Updated - - -

Would have been moderately funny if they'd given you the information you needed to calculate the chance, but since they didn't give the mission level, all you can do is estimate and guess, which takes it from "maybe kinda funny" to trolling.

It's also poorly coded enough that it seriously fucks up some other parts of the UI (like not being able to open the game menu or use slash commands).
    Thank you! I just went google crazy trying to find how to calculate the answer lol what is it a reference to?

It's not a reference to anything. You just have to randomly guess numbers until you find the one that works.

It's a really stupid joke.
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

If only there was a way you could turn off add-ons.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    If only there was a way you could turn off add-ons.
    It's a bit harder when the add-on disables game menu, escape key, and slash commands requiring you to force quit the game to turn off the add-on.

Without that little bit of dickery, it would have been a lot more amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    It's a bit harder when the add-on disables game menu, escape key, and slash commands requiring you to force quit the game to turn off the add-on.

Without that little bit of dickery, it would have been a lot more amusing.
    Restarting the game to disable an addon. The struggle.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    funny, i just did the garrison tables of 20 chars and not once has this popped. what version of Master Plan do you use guys?

I guess I was too late to this party because I didn't get this stuff earlier or now when I just updated Master Plan.

Guessing I needed the current version earlier to see the thing and now it's disabled maybe.

it was simply enough to calculate based on how the garr quests work (something we've been doing all expansion long).

People are WAY over reacting to a temporary and minor inconvenience. Like spoilt children really.

Deleted
    It is a forced meme that is way too overused by sites like reddit and it seems the trend has been copied by others. April Fool's is not meant to break the internet and annoy people. It's supposed to be something you do on the side with friends when it is applicable. When it is a blanket annoyance to ALL your users you overdo it.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It is a forced meme that is way too overused by sites like reddit and it seems the trend has been copied by others. April Fool's is not meant to break the internet and annoy people. It's supposed to be something you do on the side with friends when it is applicable. When it is a blanket annoyance to ALL your users you overdo it.
    game devs have been doing this stuff publically as long as I have been playing games, which admittedly is only about 18 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Oh the horror, I'm sure the developer cares so much that you will stop using the addon he created for free. Grow up. Besides, I've got $20 that says you'll continue to use it despite saying you won't because it generates free gold.

Protip: Garrisons are gone next expansion anyway so it is really a moot point.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Amen. Fun is fun when you choose to indulge in a prank and you're with friends. Forcing "fun" down everyone's throats ... isn't fun anymore.

Would you like some cheese with your whine? Good lordy, this is sad on a whole new level.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    it was simply enough to calculate based on how the garr quests work (something we've been doing all expansion long).

People are WAY over reacting to a temporary and minor inconvenience. Like spoilt children really.
    Everyone that says they could calculate it really obviously doesn't know how to calculate garrison missions, because you could not.

There was no base level on the mission, so it was impossible to factor in the item level of your followers, meaning best you could do was ballpark and guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Oh the horror, I'm sure the developer cares so much that you will stop using the addon he created for free. Grow up. Besides, I've got $20 that says you'll continue to use it despite saying you won't because it generates free gold.

Protip: Garrisons are gone next expansion anyway so it is really a moot point.

Apparently it generated so many issues for Curse that they threatened to pull all of his addon's if he didn't fix it immediately, hence the patch about an hour after it was released.

He also got yelled at, a lot, in IRC for his really sloppy code that had unintended effects (i.e., disabling game functions outside of the garrison UI).