Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    wisconsin is still at 7.25 LOL.
    That's your glorious dingleberry Governor at his finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Poor Californians will move to my state to get jobs, Arizona and Oregon too.

California has more citizens than Canada. It's going to be a huge experiment.
    Its actually a very good idea and should result in a substantial economic boost -

Poorest>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Richest.

Of course in republican fairy land (kansas) they do the exact opposite but sadly fairies arn't really real -
    http://www.bloombergview.com/article...s-which-worked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    and his crony legislators. we have one of the lowest minimum wages in the u.s. our economy still hasn't approached the numbers it had before the crash of 08.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-04-01 at 01:38 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Should have been passed a while ago. Glad I don't live in places like LA proper or SF. Should be even higher for those places.
    It is higher in SF. CA's current minimum wage as of this past Jan is $10.00, it's $12.25 in SF. It varies throughout Silicon Valley. San Jose is still at $10, but Palo Alto and Mountain View I know are $11.

10+ Year Old Account
    and his crony legislators. we have one of the lowest minimum wages in the u.s.
    And a Right-To-Work policy which according to some of the things I've read has done more damage to the state than the claims Walker made the Unions were doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    To rent a two bedroom apartment, the US average is $840. For Los Angeles its $1,390. For San Jose its $1,780. For San Francisco its $2,000. (Early 2015 numbers)

Yeah, CA needs this.

If small business don't adjust their wages for the high cost of living they won't have any employees either, as nobody will be able to afford to work for them.
    +1

People seem to forget that businesses being able to afford employee and employees being able to afford working for that business go hand in hand. those with a business bias only think about the business's ability and never think about workers.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    And a Right-To-Work policy which according to some of the things I've read has done more damage to the state than the claims Walker made the Unions were doing.
    i think scott walker and bobby jindal are in a competition to see who can screw up their state the most.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    rip small businesses
    Except that now people will actually have money to buy things from those small businesses. Oh I forgot, you probably believe in trickle down economics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    rip small businesses
    Well fuck them if they can't create a business model that keeps workers out of poverty and off welfare.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    when do i get my raise? I make that now, so i should be good for what, 25 bucks?
    You don't get one. You can survive off what you make so you don't need more. This is so people aren't forced to work a part time job in addtion to a full time job to afford rent and food.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, LePage (Maine) might be worse.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    governer scott walker accepts that challenge.
    he wanted to remove all benefits for single mothers once. he only stopped because his advisors reminded him about it being reelection time.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    You don't get one. You can survive off what you make so you don't need more. This is so people aren't forced to work a part time job in addtion to a full time job to afford rent and food.
    sorry, thats not how this works. my labor is significantly more valuable than a burger flipper. if my employer wouldnt pay i would find one that would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Or be on welfare while working a full time job.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I support a minimum wage that will keep a family of 4 with a single income above the poverty line.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Well fuck them if they can't create a business model that keeps workers out of poverty and off welfare.
    Agreed. Cost of living is so fckng high in those areas that if they don't pay good enough wages, they won't be able to attract workers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not familiar with LePage -- If he is as bad as Walker and Jindal I can only hope that all three of them get to experience the kind of backlash that Rauner gets here every time he tries to pass their type of legislation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I support a minimum wage that will keep a family of 4 with a single income above the poverty line.
    isn't that what earned income credits are for?

15+ Year Old Account
    I never liked the the argument against corporations in which they just pack up and move away. Why are we at the mercy and beholden to these entities? Shouldn't they be tethered to the country and people who created them and not the other way around?
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

either you increase wages to keep up with inflation or watch part of your population starve to death.
    Right. Stop American Starvation 2016!