Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    I think it will also get better once you add a license plate to get some of that detail back into the front.
    A lot of US states don't use front license plates. Most Canadian provinces don't either.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    I think it will also get better once you add a license plate to get some of that detail back into the front.
    That doesn't matter to me too much. That's more of a legality. It needs to be very reliable to make the impact it needs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, I love it!

The roof is absolutely mesmerizing, I'm beyond excited.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Starts at $35k.
    That's...not bad

Some higher resolution photos:

I would do illegal things to see it in this color:
    https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/atta...70d-jpg.77339/

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    That doesn't matter to me too much. That's more of a legality. It needs to be very reliable to make the impact it needs.
    I was talking more about the aesthetics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Some higher resolution photos:

I would do illegal things to see it in this color:
    https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/atta...70d-jpg.77339/
    After doing some reading it suffers from a fatal flaw being that aluminum body that will cost almost as much as the car if you get in an accident.

How long can I reserve for? Need garage with charger.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    How long can I reserve for? Need garage with charger.
    These won't even be built for another 18 months.

These won't even be built for another 18 months.
    I need more money!
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I need more money!
    Well start saving your pennies.

And maybe go rob a bank or two.

Yeah, the lack of grill looks a little strange. I get that they don't need one, but the flat area on the front makes it look as if it's missing it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

After doing some reading it suffers from a fatal flaw being that aluminum body that will cost almost as much as the car if you get in an accident.
    That's what insurance is for

That lacking grill really looks odd, I'd wish they'd do something to make it "stick" out, abut like the Audi fleet shuttle concept from enders game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    That's what insurance is for
    True if you are smart and get gap insurance that helps you in the long run but if most of the cars they sell don't make it to the second hand market then it's not a success for Tesla.

15+ Year Old Account
    You act as tho that isn't an issue with any new vehicle. Last year my dad hit a deer with his 2015 Chevrolet Silverado, over $11000 in repairs, which was nearly a quarter of the purchase price. There isn't a non-automotive professional that could have looked at that truck and told you the damage was that high. But by the time you figure all the little brackets, sensors, one off parts, that shit racks up. That's why there is insurance.

I live in a very rural area, but they are getting closer to the mileage range where I'm getting interested. The price point is right, but they're going to need a 300+ range before I can consider it. That and I wish Tesla would consider a more "rugged" model for those of us who live in rural areas. I'm not asking for an electric Jeep, but a Suv with some ground clearance would be great. Basically the Model X but a little beefier.
    Last edited by Gracin; 2016-04-01 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    You act as tho that isn't an issue with any new vehicle. Last year my dad hit a deer with his 2015 Chevrolet Silverado, over $11000 in repairs, which was nearly a quarter of the purchase price. There isn't a non-automotive professional that could have looked at that truck and told you the damage was that high. But by the time you figure all the little brackets, sensors, one off parts, that shit racks up. That's why there is insurance.

I live in a very rural area, but they are getting closer to the mileage range where I'm getting interested. The price point is right, but they're going to need a 300+ range before I can consider it. That and I wish Tesla would consider a more "rugged" model for those of us who live in rural areas. I'm not asking for an electric Jeep, but a Suv with some ground clearance would be great. Basically the Model X but a little beefier.
    My post was about the success of the car reaching the used market in masses not about your loss. Average car you can get in some accidents and they won't total it. Tesla the cost is substantially higher so it's easier to refuse to fix it and total the car.

Looks unfinished, and the dimensions seem just a bit off here and there. Seems like something I'd need to see in person. Front end is awkward looking.

My post was about the success of the car reaching the used market in masses not about your loss. Average car you can get in some accidents and they won't total it. Tesla the cost is substantially higher so it's easier to refuse to fix it and total the car.
    Well as long as you have proper insurance I wouldn't worry too much about that tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the opposite of fatal really, I'm fairly sure you can count on one hand the number of deaths of Tesla users from car crashes. Pretty good for a car that's been around for a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Starts at $35k.

They said "at least" 215 mile range. That would be really cool if they could get it to 300 miles.
    This is just what the electric car market needs and should give it a huge boost. Basically an upper-middle class electric car that has the brand appeal and styling of apple.

You can expect the price to continually fall too. Electric car economics don't work like that of gasoline driven cars since so much of the cost is in the battery, and battery efficiency is continually rising over time and the costs to manufacture it are falling. Its a bit like moore's law and computer chip costs but at a slower rate.