When can we expect the first Level crunch?

We're going past level 100. So basically we can expect that every expansion from now to the end of WoW will have a level increase, because if they had one good chance to try an expansion with a different form of progression, it was Legion.

So, when can we expect to see our levels squished? At level 160? 225? 800?

It's going to get annoying, having to level characters through progressively more content to reach the the endgame. It can't possibly go on for as long as they can make expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Never, I think thats what the boost is for.
    Boost only minimizes time. With a level crunch it would still take the same amount of time to get to max level, just levels levels to get to.
    I agree there should be a level crunch, but that is much harder to do than a stat crunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    boosts + heirlooms + XP pots + 50 max toons per account = eventually you will just max out your account and wont have to worry about re-leveling.

and inb4 "but think of the new players..." yah im pretty sure we WANT new players to go thru the same leveling pains that us more seasoned players have already experienced.

so i see boosts becoming a bit more easier to obtain well before a "level squish".

or, i think somebody who is much MUCH more creative than you or I will come up with a better plan for coping with the levels.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-04-01 at 02:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'll be awhile,yet. I think WoW will eventually have a huge revamp with level scaling and world objectives and bosses everywhere, but I'm wondering how long that would take to implement if done all at once vs pieces/areas at a time. I don't know Blizzard's design or work processes.

I hope soon, but fear never. I'd like it if they implemented a system wherein you can quest at whichever level whereever you want. Like, Northrend is boring, I'd rather quest in Outland. They are doing this with the Legion zones

And the levels themselves are getting a little silly, it should be under 100, imo. "You play WoW?" "Yeh bro, I have 2 level 250s and 4 200s" "Cool, dude!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about the levels, but I would prefer a level crunch to another item squish, for the simple reason that with a lower level the stats would be much lower (for the simple reason that items only have to grow in power for 60 instead of 120 or whatever levels) and therefore another squish (if we ever would get another) would be at least 3-4 expansions away instead of just 1-2. It could also reduce level time, not in the sense that it takes less time to reach max level because the number is lower, but expansions could be "merged", so that you could decide to level from 40-45 in either Outland or Northrend, from 45-50 in either the Cataclysm zones or in Pandaria, etc. Each level would also feel more rewarding, because players would get skills and whatnot every ~2-3 levels instead of now where we often have several levels without gaining anything, except for maybe one more dungeon in the dungeon finder.

As said, for all I care we can go up to 500 and more. But if another Stat Squish is needed, please just reduce the overall level instead of squishing the stats, increasing the level by another 10 and then one expansions later we have to reduce stats again.

I don't really see any reason to do so. Number crunch had a reason, so I guess lvl 2,147,483,647, if they don't figure a way to fix that problem by that time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    We're going past level 100. So basically we can expect that every expansion from now to the end of WoW will have a level increase, because if they had one good chance to try an expansion with a different form of progression, it was Legion.

So, when can we expect to see our levels squished? At level 160? 225? 800?

It's going to get annoying, having to level characters through progressively more content to reach the the endgame. It can't possibly go on for as long as they can make expansions.
    Never. Blizzard doesnt like removing content from wow. They stated this several times.

100, 200 doesnt matter. They are just numbers

We've already had it .... takes a fraction of the time to get to 60 that it did 10 years ago.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Doubt they would ever do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I don't care about the levels, but I would prefer a level crunch to another item squish
    What you prefer is irrelevant to what is required by technical constraints.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Can't imagine there's any reason for them to ever do this. It's a number that goes up like 10 every few years. It's not like it has explosive growth with ilevel gain like the DPS numbers.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    What you prefer is irrelevant to what is required by technical constraints.
    I know that, but I think it would still make more sense of reducing the overall level once and then bot requireing another whatever squish for another 10 years instead of squishing numbers every 2-4 years. That's of course only assuming we would get another squish next expansion, because it is required again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I know that, but I think it would still make more sense of reducing the overall level
    Why, there is no need to do it. So far Blizzard doesn't do any number shrinking crunches at all - except when there is a technical need.

Making it take 5% of the time to 1-60 as it used to, that's all the crunch that is needed.

I doubt that a level crunch will ever happen.

More levels just means more dings. That's not something anyone want to remove. As the number of levels increase, it must gets easier to grind levels though. Nobody wants to spend 20 weeks levelling to max, after all, so it is natural that the xp to levelup decreases as more levels become available. This has already happened multiple times.

What I can see happening is the Legion zone scale system being applied to old content.
    - every single zone and dungeon in Vanilla WoW scales to your level, capped at lvl 60.
    - every single zone and dungeon in TBC, Northrend, Cataclysm, Pandaria and Draenor scales to your level, capped at lvl 60-100.
    Go level wherever you want.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    We've already had it .... takes a fraction of the time to get to 60 that it did 10 years ago.
    This.. You can level to lvl 100 in a day or two if you push it. Faster with RaF or a dungeon setup.

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    This.. You can level to lvl 100 in a day or two if you push it
    I levelled a hunter 1-60 at a leisurely pace in around 2 days played over around 2 weeks That same leisurely pace had my original mage take 40 or more days played over 6 months.

I prefer to compare leisurely rates - as they more reflect what the typical player will experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no idea what Blizzard has planned, but the current Tichondrius Raid Testing has him getting past the 32 bit limit as soon as 28 people are in the raid and then resetting to 1 HP. Considering this is not even a final boss, not with 30 members, not mythic and still the first (or 1.5 if you want to call it that) tier, I really hope they do something about it, else we will have many council fights or bosses that heal up in this expansion.