Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Actually, I am currently 34 years old, 35 in May. I have a ton of friends who have and or are having children. I split my friends into two categories. Those with kids, and those who will not be having kids. I have no shortage of those who will not be having children. So there is no reason to feel left out of anything. I play in a band, go out to shows, go to conventions, have parties, go site seeing, hiking/back packing, all with my friends.

No reason at all to feel as though i'm a loser, or that I am not keeping up with them, or left out of any sorts.
    Don't let stupid people try and pressure you into having kids like the guy you are responding to. Having kids is a lot of work and I can't blame anyone for not wanting any. I wanted some but would never judge someone for not having any.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is worth that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Back on topic, I think the vasectomy issue is pointless anyway since recreational sex is evil and sex outside of marriage warrants a prison sentence.
    Yeah......you are nuts.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Back on topic, I think the vasectomy issue is pointless anyway since recreational sex is evil and sex outside of marriage warrants a prison sentence.
    Poe's law ?

I'm just a traditional man with a traditional plan.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    the planet is already over populated enough as it is. The entire world needs to take a step back and chill on the child producing for awhile imo, lest you keep making the problem worse and leaving a shittier and shittier planet for your children, grand children and great grand children.
    Having too many children is a problem, but so is having too few. What the world needs is a stable population where the birth rate is the same as the death rate in every country. The problem today is that often the people who are best equipped to raise their children well are electing to have few or no children, while those who are ill equipped are having more.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been the first person I have ever added to my Ignore List on this site.

For our long term posters, you might find that interesting considering some of the posters we've seen over the years.

lol

I'm only half as bad as Hooked and not even close to Jaylock or Tennisace but okay.

lol

I'm only half as bad as Hooked and not even close to Jaylock or Tennisace but okay.
    You seem to be the right wing Tennisace.

In any case, nothing wrong with traditional values or plans for yourself. When you try to push them on others by saying things like pre marital sex should be a prison sentence that's where you go from "traditional" to "fucking batshit crazy authoritarian"

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're just boyfriend and girlfriend fuck no. We're not nearly far enough into the relationship to be making those kind of decisions. If she's really strong about it then I'd go tell her to get her tubes tied. If she doesn't want to do it then I'm not doing it.

Shit I don't even know if we're going to be staying together for that long so why the hell would I get a vasectomy for her? Fuck that noise.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma View Post
    If she were a feminist, however, I most definitely would not, and she'd be a cunt for asking me to. Bodily autonomy, bitches, it's my right to choose and how DARE you try to blackmail me into it by withholding sex or whining at me day in and day out!
    Why would you even be in a relationship with such a person?

Nah dude I don't make dumb threads to bait people. I naturally hold the opposite opinion of most people on this site so I go full contrarian for the sake of the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    Don't let stupid people try and pressure you into having kids like the guy you are responding to. Having kids is a lot of work and I can't blame anyone for not wanting any. I wanted some but would never judge someone for not having any.
    And like wise. I wish all the best to those who have or want to have children. I get it, starting a family is a thing that the majority want. For those who have or want to have children, it is an extremely rewarding experience. And a loving family is a great thing. But there are aspects of it that I do not believe I would be suited for. So instead of ruining a child's life due to my life goals, i'll just pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    If we're just boyfriend and girlfriend fuck no. We're not nearly far enough into the relationship to be making those kind of decisions. If she's really strong about it then I'd go tell her to get her tubes tied. If she doesn't want to do it then I'm not doing it.

Shit I don't even know if we're going to be staying together for that long so why the hell would I get a vasectomy for her? Fuck that noise.
    Perfectly valid sentiments. I would never do something like this for a girlfriend that I have not been with a long time. Even before having children I was not much into having them and I would have never just removed the possibility. I am pretty sure that doctors here even refuse to do it if you are under a certain age and have no children yet. They don't trust the fact that you would never want any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    typical women they want the man to have the operation, how about if you dnt wanna have kids or something get your tubes tied its also alot less complicated for females than it is for males, i dnt want kids for 3 reasons

1. there expensive
    2. there annoying little shits (just look at other peoples kids)
    3. the world has enough people already
    I beg to differ. A vasectomy is a LOT easier than a tubal ligation. I had a vasectomy almost 8 years ago and it was simple in the doctor's office procedure. Took around 15 mins. My wife had a tubal and it was not as easy at all.

So please tell me how it is less complicated in your view, other than the normal macho man answer of "nobody cutting my junk" BS
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

No I would not but I would dump her ass if she even dared to ask me to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    There seems to be an alarming amount of people on this thread that think that vasectomy means cutting of your penis or balls.
    or that it lowers your sex drive.... or that you can't cum the same anymore.... all stupidity and ignorance.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    I beg to differ. A vasectomy is a LOT easier than a tubal ligation. I had a vasectomy almost 8 years ago and it was simple in the doctor's office procedure. Took around 15 mins. My wife had a tubal and it was not as easy at all.

So please tell me how it is less complicated in your view, other than the normal macho man answer of "nobody cutting my junk" BS
    That person is wildly misinformed. Tube tying is an actual surgery with all the risks that come with surgery. Vasectomies are done in about 20 minutes in the doctor's office and you walk yourself home after. Some men even say they had almost no pain at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Lol You're super cute when you show your crazy side.

On topic: I would have already had it done if kids weren't planned in a few years and that the process reversal wasn't crazy expensive. I would very much consider male equivalents of an IUD or something because my wife and I have been together for a long time and condoms are usually uncomfortable and very much less enjoyable. She has an IUD right now and it's a very enjoyable thing but I don't believe she should be shouldering that responsibility alone.

It's also a decision to be made as a couple though the final say is obviously the man's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    That person is wildly misinformed. Tube tying is an actual surgery with all the risks that come with surgery. Vasectomies are done in about 20 minutes in the doctor's office and you walk yourself home after. Some men even say they had almost no pain at all.
    Considering a vasectomy is one of the most common outpatient procedures and tubal ligation can imply varied recovery periods but you're told to not do any leg-based activities (ie, driving) for at least 24 hours. So it's not at all the same thing.
    Last edited by EventHorizon; 2016-04-01 at 03:08 PM.

Nope. If she's that worried about getting pregnant she can go get her tubes tied.