Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Predict the legion patch raids

So we have Emerald Nightmare and Suramar as the launch raid content, what do you guys think will follow it?

If it's just one patch again, I assume we are getting Tomb of Sargeras.

If more I'm hoping for a titan themed raid.

I am assuming they will go back to a traditional 3 tier + raiding system for Legion. I am expecting Zandalar to be honest. Everyone keeps saying they will save it for a south seas expac but I can really see them doing a Zandalar raid + naga raid for the middle tier. They already mentioned breaking 1 large raid tier (SoO and HFC for example) into 2 smaller raids much like TK and SSC were. As for the final tier I am expecting Tomb of Sargeras for sure. I do like the idea of a titan themed raid that would be really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I am assuming they will go back to a traditional 3 tier + raiding system for Legion. I am expecting Zandalar to be honest. Everyone keeps saying they will save it for a south seas expac but I can really see them doing a Zandalar raid + naga raid for the middle tier. They already mentioned breaking 1 large raid tier (SoO and HFC for example) into 2 smaller raids much like TK and SSC were. As for the final tier I am expecting Tomb of Sargeras for sure. I do like the idea of a titan themed raid that would be really neat.
    Fairly sure they said they wanted to stick with the 2-tier expansion cycle. Shorter expansions but less time between is still their goal.

Well, we're getting Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold to start with and ending with the Tomb of Sargeras. So I expect the middle raid tier to be related to the Halls of Valor. Give a grand and majestic Vrykul raid with Odyn as the final boss....as mentioned in the Chronicle he's not really a stable guy. Dunno how it would affect the warrior class hall though, but I do hope it's going to be a vrykul raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    Fairly sure they said they wanted to stick with the 2-tier expansion cycle. Shorter expansions but less time between is still their goal.
    I'll believe it when I see it...

OT: Obviously at some point we will be raiding the Tomb of Sargeras. It's just too perfect in terms of aesthetic (I mean it's fel green, so we have to go in there at some point) and lore. If this ends up being a two tier expansion cycle that would mean:

Emerald Nightmare -> Nighthold (about 4 months in) -> Tomb of Sargeras

We'll see if that holds people. If they return to their old ways and go about this with a raid tier more akin to Wrath or Cata then I'd expect:

Emerald Nightmare / Nighthold (7.0) -> Old God or Helya raid (7.1) - > Tomb of Sargeras (7.2)

Maybe we'd get a selfie patch or something in there and the numbers are off...but I can definitely see them using the Helya storyline in some way for a big raid. Where would that be exactly? I'm not sure...maybe Helheim itself? From what I understand the Maw of Souls dungeon is not actually inside of Helheim, it's just the way to get there. Once we scare Helya off of the Naglfar what exactly is stopping us from commandeering it and navigating down to Helheim itself?

I feel like Helheim could be a great way to explore more Titan lore as well, now that we know Helya and Odyn's history there is a way to tie it all back to the Titans. Maybe Helheim has even more wonderful secrets?
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2016-04-01 at 01:29 PM.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said they would want to stick with the current tier set-up and then they explained about having the first tier split in two raids, one with 7 and one with 10 bosses. That was my impression from Blizzcon and I just think people, based on WoD's lack of content, just interpret it as "2 tiers again".

Direct quote from Watcher in Blizzcon: "We have 2 raid zones that we're gonna be launching Legion with, the Emerald Nightmare and the Grand Palace of Suramar. The first raid zone, accessible a few weeks after launch, I think we're gonna go with the same system and the same overall structure we used for Warlords. I thought that pacing worked pretty well, you didn't feel obligated to rush to max level, but the raids were there when you were ready for them."

I think people took that and decided that this means 2 tiers again, but to me it only refers to the first tier and nothing more.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-04-01 at 01:38 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean raid? (singular)

I don't know enough about the lore to guess but I know Blizz and I doubt we are getting two additional raid tiers.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    N'zoth/Azshara raid for 7.2, Tomb of Sargeras 7.4.

I seriously hope they're not gonna go with the paltry two-tiered expansion again in future.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    You mean raid? (singular)

I don't know enough about the lore to guess but I know Blizz and I doubt we are getting two additional raid tiers.
    What? Every expansion has had at least 2 additional raid tiers..

BC launched with T4, added 5 and 6.
    Wrath launched with 7, added 8, 9 and 10.
    Cata launced with 11, added 12 and 13.
    MoP launched 14, added 15 and 16.
    WoD launched with 16.5 (Highmaul), added 17 and 18.

It's a pretty long running formula they've been going with, it's a pretty safe bet that Legion will launch with 19 and add 20 and 21.

As for what they'll be? I wouldn't be surprised if the story arc is the same as MoP and WoD were. Which would mean 7.1 would be the conclusion to the Legion battle. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kil'jaeden return as the final boss of 7.1, I doubt we'll see Sargeras in Legion but could see 7.2 being a lead-in for the following expansion where we have to recruit the Titans' help to defeat him.

WoD had 2 raid tiers. Trying to change that by saying Highmaul is 16.5 is only detrimental to your point (which I agree with).

10+ Year Old Account
    7.1 will be a Vine/Instagram integration patch with the ability to take S.N.A.P.C.H.A.T.'s

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    WoD launched with 16.5 (Highmaul), added 17 and 18.
    Eh, more like WoD launched with 17, opened 17.5 a month later, then added 18.

Deleted
    Maybe there is no raid patch this time and we find out that Gul'dan is the Avatar of Sargeras in Nighthold Mythic.

I've got a feeling they'll pull a bait and switch with the Tomb.

Or at the very least, something similar to Siege of Orgrimmar where the first few bosses take place at the Tomb but then we finish the raid somewhere else (closing the portal from the other side?).

But I don't expect more than 2 raid tiers. It's just a matter of whether or not they rethink doing another massive 14-boss HFC style raid. I think the number of bosses a single raid can have needs a ceiling put on it.

Deleted
    Yea, im feeling a Old God 7.2 like ulduar but with Nzoth. It would fit the lore because of naga and emerald nightmare are created by Nzoth
    So in order to stop the nightmare from growing and the naga from becoming a thread we have to venture down deep into azsharas territory to stop Nzoth from escaping his titan prison!

I think it will be a two tier expansion:

1st Tier (Release): Nightmare Raid + Suramar
    2nd Tier: Tomb of Sargeras + 'Valhalla theme' raid fighting Odyn

Logic for that is they will break up the art/environments in the 2nd tier so its not all Burning Legion stuff, and I genuinely think the WoW ingame art/concept for Valhalla is so awesome they wouldnt want to 'let it go to waste'.

if i smell another 2 tier fast paced xpac like WoD, i am finally out.

they selling cheap shit for high price and then do like "shorter xpac cycle" but in reality its just the same cycle with way less content.

they milk that cash cow so hard with putting in the least possible effort and try to get the most money out of their stupid (loyal) customers.

i will not support that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Eh, more like WoD launched with 17, opened 17.5 a month later, then added 18.
    Why do so many people consider BRF to be less than a full raid tier? It had 14 bosses and was an integral part to the story, what about that isn't a full raid tier? Whether you consider it to be good content or not is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    if i smell another 2 tier fast paced xpac like WoD, i am finally out.

they selling cheap shit for high price and then do like "shorter xpac cycle" but in reality its just the same cycle with way less content.

they milk that cash cow so hard with putting in the least possible effort and try to get the most money out of their stupid (loyal) customers.

i will not support that anymore.
    Two tier expansions are much better. I'd rather visit a new continent/planet every year, than stick with one for 2-2.5 years. So I pay a few $ more because expansions are faster? Big deal, its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Why do so many people consider BRF to be less than a full raid tier? It had 14 bosses and was an integral part to the story, what about that isn't a full raid tier? Whether you consider it to be good content or not is irrelevant.
    For starters it didn't have 14 bosses. Also, if Blizzard considers HM/BRF being the same tier, then why do people want to pretend otherwise?