10+ Year Old Account

what do u get from playing season now ?

if there are no longer unique items to season play. whats the point beside the ladder that u will never top anyway unless u have no life ?

how does the additional bank slot work ?

Deleted
    As I understand it, there's also 3 cosmetic rewards, you will get one each of them at random each season, until you have all 3. They are a pet (pets will run around picking up gold now), wings, and a portrait. This season I got the pet.

The bank tab is just like all other bank tabs, you get to put more stuff in then agonise over what to salvage when even that tab becomes full.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    if there are no longer unique items to season play. whats the point beside the ladder that u will never top anyway unless u have no life ?

You just get another slot. You can earn 4. 1 Per season you earn one in. Doesn't matter which seasons you get 1 per season when you finish conqueror.

So if I missed a previous season I'll get a pet from a previous season? Only have that blue dog and the thorny tree at the moment. Didn't really play at all in other seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    So if I missed a previous season I'll get a pet from a previous season? Only have that blue dog and the thorny tree at the moment. Didn't really play at all in other seasons.
    No. You just can't get pets/portaits/pennants from previous seasons. You just get the current season you played one once you finish the parts required for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post

I ignore the ladder, I don't play at that level, never will. I play the season because A. New character, stash isn't crammed with all the crap from my non-season characters, B. If you complete the steps of the Season Journey, you get the 6 piece class set, C. if you finish it all you get a portrait, pet, and wings. D. forces me to start characters from scratch, so I learn the classes better.

If all you want is unique items, might want to find a different game. I find the Seasons make me play more. They provide a simple structure of goals to make that even casual players like me can hit, and I didn't play that much this season. I played WD and Crusader in Season 4, Wizard in 5, and I think I'm going to try DH for 6 - and if I have time Monk.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like seeing my name at the top 10 the first 2-3 weeks after a new season. I also like the fresh start every few months so the game doesnt get too stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    As I understand it, there's also 3 cosmetic rewards, you will get one each of them at random each season, until you have all 3. They are a pet (pets will run around picking up gold now), wings, and a portrait. This season I got the pet.

The bank tab is just like all other bank tabs, you get to put more stuff in then agonise over what to salvage when even that tab becomes full.
    There's different stages to the portrait all unlocked by doing progressively harder season journeys, It's not too difficult to complete them all though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

finish the season journey and complete conquerer u will get another stash tab.
    u get cosmetics for beating other things like all 24 dungeons n stuff.
    mostly ppl jus want the stash tab.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    finish the season journey and complete conquerer u will get another stash tab.
    u get cosmetics for beating other things like all 24 dungeons n stuff.
    mostly ppl jus want the stash tab.
    Except the Cosmetic for the Set Dungeons is not season only so not really relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post

No, not at all. Jinna was mistaken.

Currently, you ALWAYS get a portrait for the seasons, which has 6 lvls, normal, wood, copper, silver, gold, infernal. Infernal requires you to complete hte highest tier, Guardian.

In addition, you currently get an extra stash tab for completing up to Conquerer for each season. You can only get up to 4 extra stash spaces through this method though. Note that while you WILL be able to continue to earn extra stash tabs in the future through season, with Blizz, you never know when they could stop offering stash tabs, so I strongly suggest you acquire them while you can.

Finally, Blizzard grants a variety of extra cosmetics for completing the first portion of the season journey - So far, we have seen 2 pets and a banner. Next season is giving wings rather then a pet. Finally, you get 2 pieces of a transmog for reaching lvl 70 - While seasons 1-6 have used the same transmog, season 7 has already had its transmog datamined, which is different from previous seasons. Its possible that blizzard will leave up the same transmog twice in a row, but I wouldn't bet on it.

So there you have it - By not doing seasons, you WILL miss out on a good portion of cosmetic items. For people who say the only reason for doing seasons in the past was for the special legendaries, BS, as you simple had to wait for the season to end to acquire said legendaries. Cosmetics have been and will continue to remain the main reason for doing seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    No, not at all. Jinna was mistaken.
    I was slightly mistaken, and I blame it on a friend of mine.

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/dia...undup-season-5

I was led to believe, and I neglected to look it up for myself, that you get "In addition to the usual exclusive Portrait Frames and pieces of the Conqueror’s Transmogrification set, you will also receive either a pair of wings, an exclusive pennant, or a non-combat pet."

And that the wings, pet and pennant was random. So that in one season I might get pet, while my friend gets wings, but next season I'll get either wing or pennant while he gets pet or pennant and then in the 3rd season we'd both get whatever last item we didn't have.

However it seems that for Season 5, everyone gets the pet, and that in Season 6 we are all going to get either wings or pennant.