Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I have no idea who any of those people you said are. I'm bad at names.

So the clown guy actually wanted to fight...which was dumb because there's no way he could beat Kaneki and Hinami.

And Arima actually showed back up. Kinda surprising since he let them run away in the first place.

And that guy is actually Touka and Ayato's uncle. And he just took a hit to protect Touka? To the face?
    Hikari is Touka's mom, now confirmed to be Yomo's sister (the guy who trained Kaneki and Touka very early in the manga and also took Touka to safety when shit hit the fan with Anteiku. Also Uta's friend.)
    Narukami is the name of Arima's "thunder" quinque. Literally the name means "The god of thunder" and hence the chapter "Thunder rabbit". The timing of the flashback and the name of the chapter heavily imply that Narukami might be Hikari, Touka's mother and Yomo's sister..
    IXA is the name of Arima's other quinque which broke when Arima fought Kaneki in the original manga.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't read the manga, I will probably in the future but I was just wondering, Is Touka still in it? Spoil away I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I don't read the manga, I will probably in the future but I was just wondering, Is Touka still in it? Spoil away I don't mind.
    yes.
    not in a big role anymore but she's around every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Hikari is Touka's mom, now confirmed to be Yomo's sister (the guy who trained Kaneki and Touka very early in the manga and also took Touka to safety when shit hit the fan with Anteiku. Also Uta's friend.)
    Narukami is the name of Arima's "thunder" quinque. Literally the name means "The god of thunder" and hence the chapter "Thunder rabbit". The timing of the flashback and the name of the chapter heavily imply that Narukami might be Hikari, Touka's mother and Yomo's sister..
    IXA is the name of Arima's other quinque which broke when Arima fought Kaneki in the original manga.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks for the info. That helps a lot.

How interesting about Arima having Touka's moms quinque. I wonder how she even has electricity powers like that. I feel like they explained the quinque/ghoul anatomy once, but beside the location fo the quinque on the ghouls body, the type never seems too consistent.

Like, I feel like I remember Tsukihime should have been outclassed by Touka or Kaneki's quinque way back when. And now I just see everything as swinging tentacles. Except for Arima's lightning bolt.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    it was the best anime ive ever seen studio pierrot really is the best they make everything look so badass xD<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    it was the best anime ive ever seen studio pierrot really is the best they make everything look so badass xD<3
    so true

we are truly blessed

Took me a couple seconds to understand the massive amount of sarcasm.

You rarely see so many people being sarcastic about the same thing.

are they being sarcastic about the anime? personally i loved season 1, season 2 kinda pissed me off but i didnt hate watching it. and id be happy if they continued the anime.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

From what I know the anime is considered a mockery to the source material.

I'll write a little summary of why I'm being so negative about the anime. Note though that my earlier sarcasm was mostly directed towards the season 2.

So season one. I'll say it right off the bat, I didn't really like the first season either. It was lacking, it skipped material even very important scenes were skipped because "WE WANT TO ANIMATE 70 CHAPTERS IN 12 EPISODES". Now this doesn't exaclty make an anime bad as a standalone but as an adaptatation it fails it's purpose. However, even what got animated felt really wrong most of the time and maybe even a little too action centered. It felt like Pierrot shounenified Tokyo Ghoul and I didn't like it. There were like 2 episodes I considered good. Out of those, one was the last episode which I liked as an episode but as an final episode of a season it was really really disappointing. Not because it was bad but because it was literally in middle of an arc.
    OST, while good, was a bit, well, short. It was like 4 or 5 pieces. It wasn't bad but just short. Animation quality ranged from decent to kinda bad.

I think it's pretty self explanatory why I disliked the second season but I think I'll go to a little more detail to it as well. Later though since I don't have time to write about it right now. There are some stuff I'd like to say about it as well.

Oh and so that you won't misunderstand me: you are allowed to like the anime. I'm not saying it's objectively bad. I'm just saying I didn't like it.

So.....just some backstory and Kaneki saving the day at the end. Kinda boring.

nothing much happened. Hinami and Touka were cute
    also neat stuff with the chairs. I can't bother finding picks but we've had Kaneki sitting on a chair, Touka leaning on an empty, broken, chair and now this. Both Kaneki and Touka at the broken chair.
    jee, I wonder what that is supposed to symbolise :^)

Not a lot of substance, but the character interactions were really really nice. Cool art style too.

Is Kaneki about to lose again? Or will the CCG lose their God of Death? Kaminski hasn't gone full power since he last fought Arima, right? He was just dicking around as weak Haise since then.

I wonder how Arima feels. Like he should have killed Kaneki before? Like he knew this would inevitable but knew he could always kill Kaneki so he let him live?

How will Kaneki make it out of this alive to see Touka again?

First off, I adore this series and I didn't realize there was a thread about it here until now. Makes me happy to see so many others appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Not a lot of substance, but the character interactions were really really nice. Cool art style too.

Is Kaneki about to lose again? Or will the CCG lose their God of Death? Kaminski hasn't gone full power since he last fought Arima, right? He was just dicking around as weak Haise since then.

I wonder how Arima feels. Like he should have killed Kaneki before? Like he knew this would inevitable but knew he could always kill Kaneki so he let him live?

How will Kaneki make it out of this alive to see Touka again?
    Also, I don't think in the slightest that Kaneki is going to lose. Ishida's writing has always gone in the opposite route that people were thinking.

Kaneki thinks his purpose to live is to basically be a stepping stool for others. He's always doubted his strength. This time, his resolve is steel and I mean, just by looking at his Kagune and how he blocked Arima's attack, look how strong he's become.

He's either gonna win or Arima is going to retreat. Kaneki isn't going to die. The whole purpose of this second series has been about Kaneki discovering himself and growing as a person-- I can't see it ending with him dying again.

On the topic of Arima himself, I actually think Arima.. wants Kaneki to kill him. Might sound odd, but consider the following: why did Arima even spare Kaneki? Why has there been so much talk about surpassing Arima? Kaneki continuing to stand up and fight?

Furthermore, I think Arima actually cares about Kaneki. He's a character whose appearances you have to be extremely analytical towards to understand what he's thinking. I've seen his interactions as a sadistic, yet oddly caring, mentor to Kaneki.

I also think Kaneki will see all of them again. Eto has started to make the gears turn in society-- shifting their opinion of Ghouls. Aogiri Tree's end goal is to make it so that Ghouls can actually live among the world. Their means are evil and twisted, yes, but are they a product of simply being maniacal or because of how the world has always treated/viewed them?

Once the birdcage is gone, as its beginning to be destroyed, I can envision a world where the CCG doesn't exist. Wouldn't be difficult at that point. And, if Kaneki IS the One Eyed King, well, yeah. You can see what that implies.

Also worth mentioning: the shape of Kaneki's figure in the last panel.. has he gone full Kakuja?

If you look at his face, it almost looks like a mask is there now.
    Last edited by Mawnix; 2016-04-09 at 09:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

You think him eating one ghoul is going to be that big of a powerup?

I don't think Arima should die now. He's too strong. He's the end boss for everyone. Maybe Kaneki can try to escape...it's too bad he has to stand his ground to help the others escape.

I think if Eto comes and dual teams with Kaneki, they can escape.

I really hope nothing bad happens to Arima. I'm worried for him.

It's just that I was under the impression that a Kajuka is rare, even among people who eat a lot of ghouls. So even if it's one ghoul, I don't think it'll do a lot.

Well, I guess his Kajuka will become more complete. I hope it doesn't start looking like an owl though lol. "One eyed owl centipede."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    THe important transition imo would be for him to use his Kakuja and still stay in control. If he doesn't go berserk, he has a chance.
    So far he hasn't been very succesful at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    To accept that is to accept the hunger.
    to live is to eat.
    but really, we'll see how Kaneki deals with Arima. Considering he's prepared to die, he probably isn't in the best state of mind to control the Kakuja. But then again, there might be some "I have to return to Touka and others" shit that lets him escape. I honestly doubt he'll be able to overpower Arima but I doubt it'll be one-sided either.

fucking rekt
    also them flowers.