Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Building a gaming computer

Hello Forum,

Would like to request some assistance from you gaming pc building experts out there. My current computer just had a GPU die and it was an average build to begin with so I'll only be salvaging my WD Black 1 TB HD and Samsung 256 Pro SSD from it.

I'm looking to build a high end gaming PC with a budget of around $2,000 which doesn't include the price of a 4k monitor that I also want and I'm hoping you guys can recommend a good one I'm aware of the possibility of new GPUs coming in the next few months and my plan is to sell anything that comes out with an updated version and put that money toward buying the new item. I play games as simple as WoW to high end graphically demanding titles.

If you could use PCPartPicker that would be great! I want to get a few people's opinions on the build so I can have an idea of the direction I want to head in. I'll conduct my own research and decide from there. Just need some ideas of premium builds around my budget to get me started. If you could also recommend a 4k monitor that would be great.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks Forum!
    Last edited by apdc05; 2016-04-01 at 06:47 PM.

Didn't you make a thread on this already lol?

Make sure you have games to play.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Didn't you make a thread on this already lol?
    Want to see if anyone else will throw in their two cents

Quote Originally Posted by apdc05 View Post
    Want to see if anyone else will throw in their two cents
    Forum Guidelines:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...%29/%29-11620/

13. Posting guidelines
    This section involves all posting related guidelines.

13.1. Making duplicate threads/posts, cross linking threads/posts
    Do not create duplicate posts or threads in order to attract more attention to your post or thread. This also includes cross linking threads or posts. Cross linking means making a new post or thread in which you link to another post or thread.

Well there isnt a ton of variety tbh, its either go with x99 or z170 there are arguments to be made on either side. Individual component choice does not really matter either, evga has the best warranty, asus strix has the quietest cards etc. Aside from those minor differences its mostly down to aesthetics and if you care enough to match parts based on a color scheme.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by apdc05 View Post
    Not a duplicate, my other thread asked about gpus and this one is asking about entire builds :P
    two days ago you made the pc thread : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-computer-%29 .....so read the forum rules and refrain from trying to lie please.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nartfokka View Post
    two days ago you made the pc thread : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-computer-%29 .....so read the forum rules and refrain from trying to lie please.
    Deleted that post after i realized it wasnt the one where i asked about gpu, and going to see about deleting this thread

- - - Updated - - -

Requesting this thread be deleted