Thread: Black Desert

Best part, they fixed the gold selling spam.

Deleted
    This game is one of the rare games where you benefit from leveling slowly. And where it is fun to level slowly.

Hit 50 last night, just in time for the expansion. Lol.. I don't want to battle with tons of people way more geared than I am for questing spots, so I think this week I will be crafting things lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested in giving this game a shot. It's nice that it's B2P, I'm getting tired of paying subs for games. Just seems silly now a days.

Anyway, I have three questions:

Does anyone have a guest pass I could use? If I end up getting the game, I'll pay it forward.
    Is it worth getting the $49 pack vs the $29?
    How 'bad' is the cash shop? The first thing I noticed on the website was buying coins for the shop. That usually sends up red flags for 'P2W' situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    I got the 50$ pack, the horse whistle and pet is 100% worth it and buying them with cash shop currency later on ends up costing more.. You also get 5 decorations (just pick beds, they let u regen energy 3x faster than normally when ur afk in them)

Cash shop so far seems pretty tame, it's huge pain in the ass to play the inventory management game all the time and extra slots cost 1$ so there is that. Also paying 30$ for costumes seems a bit rough especially since they are only for 1 character :|

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler on the Roof View Post
    Does the game still lack dungeons and PvE endgame content?
    they added like 3 "dungeons" in the desert update in KR but there isn't any bosses, it's really just a mass of loot mobs that do insane damage basic attacks. They added world bosses too but they don't have actual mechanics too them, just loot pinatas that lure PvP play really.

- - - Updated - - -

man the gardening system looks spot on but the lack of end game and the serious grind and the whole pvp thing and the power creep that will happen like it did in KR is just a turn off.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I've already hit a snag. Asking for a family name for all of my chars, every one that I would ever use has been taken already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    I got Phtumerian as the family name which I find neat, the ancient civilization from Bloodborne.

Is there an asian themed city in the works for the game? Or just the two European and now the middle eastern cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Is there an asian themed city in the works for the game? Or just the two European and now the middle eastern cities?
    No asian themed cities no. All the lore behind the 'asian themed classes' is that they come from another continent far to the east. We just got Mediah and then after is Valencia (the desert) and it's Arabian/Persian themed city. After that we are supposedly getting Kamasilve, which is the elven homeland, and after that is a dwarven expansion (Rumored to be in the huge snowy mountain range south of Valencia) so ya, don't expect any asian themed countries in game any time soon..or, at all for that matter.

Broke down and got the $30 pack to check out the game and am intrigued so far (was tired of lurking through forums and reading guides and stuff to see whether I would like it... I had the extra cash and was like just fucking play it and find out for yourself newb) .

Combat is fun, but a little confusing/ complicated but I know I'll get used to it over time. Got a Ranger and Sorceress to 9 going through the Black Spirit tutorial thingy at the begininng and like the Sorceress a lot more. Still figuring out which class I want to play.

Any thoughts or recommendations on class choice for PvE specifically? I have no interest in PvP (know that I will be involved in some regardless, it's just not my focus) and am planning on playing just to see the lore and world.

In action type games I generally prefer melee that hit hard and fast enough so that they don't have much to worry about when it comes to survival but have tools to survive if shit goes bad. Of the melee classes, which ones do you feel are the most fun, balanced, easy to play/ hard to play, etc...? The class choice guides I've read do pretty good explaining the pros and cons of a class but lack in how they "feel" when played so that's kind of what I'm looking for.

Any other advice is also welcomed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Any thoughts or recommendations on class choice for PvE specifically?
    I'd say if you like sorc, stay sorc. From what I've seen zerk could meet your taste too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah smells from a fresh rain in the real world coupled with the sights and sounds of a rain storm in BDO.. was kind of amazing.

Whatever you find fun, there is no depth to combat in this game if you're only playing PvE as the mobs barely have an AI and you spend most of your time in pve just herding up packs of mobs and aoeing them down or just zerging world bosses.

I only looked up sorc, but as far as sorc goes your bread and butter in pve is just spamming wave of darkness and whenever that's on CD ream of darkness if I remember the names right. All of your other abilities are significantly weaker than those two, so they're not worth using besides getting mana back and things that dodge / cc in the event that you need it.

So you mostly just dodge things get your mana back and cycle between those two abilities last I looked up, though I haven't seen if they did any rebalancing to the sorc with that xpac to make it so you use anything besides those 2.

But yeah, just play whatever class you enjoy playing the most because it really doesn't matter in the most literal way.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Thanks for the input, I'll play both Ranger and Sorc as I've hard lots of good things about Ranger and I've really enjoyed my time with Sorc, but we'll see if/ how that changes. My time reading up on Sorc says the same thing @Baconeggcheese with a few dodge skills and a weak channeled "mob grabber" thrown in..I have no idea what the skill names are.

Deleted
    I'm on a 7 day test version atm, messing around. Played sorc to 12 and tamer to 16, want that pet, dunno if it changes things. So far I like tamer more, very fluid gameplay and the pet will probably make it even easier.

Anyone has a guide or 2 for crafting/housing etc.?

I bought a house but have no clue what to do with it.
    I bought a worker but have no clue how to let him do stuff. Heard about nodes etc, but when I click one there is no option to put a worker in.

Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    I'm on a 7 day test version atm, messing around. Played sorc to 12 and tamer to 16, want that pet, dunno if it changes things. So far I like tamer more, very fluid gameplay and the pet will probably make it even easier.

Anyone has a guide or 2 for crafting/housing etc.?

I bought a house but have no clue what to do with it.
    I bought a worker but have no clue how to let him do stuff. Heard about nodes etc, but when I click one there is no option to put a worker in.
    http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/03/housing/

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/07/31/workers/

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/15/nodes-guide/

Edit - Tons of new Info

Taken from
    http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/2...future-content
    http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/...184&site=black

Daum and PearlAbyss held a Black Desert conference today announcing future and upcoming game content for the game. As many of you may know, the game is constantly being updated! Below you will find information about new areas, new playable character, awakening for ninja, kunoichi, witch, and more.

New Awakening Series
    -Ninja Awakening (Multiple Swords 3-5) (Like Zoro of One Piece) (Image Below)
    -Kunoichi Awakening (Large Chakram)
    -Wizard Awakening (Elemental Orbs Water and Fire)
    -Witch Awakening (Elemental Orbs Earth and Lightning)

New Playabe Character / Race Added
    -Dark Elf (Image Below)
    -Long Sword (It looks like a Great Sword, but my KR friends say Long Blade)
    -Sub Weapon (Image not clear) (Magic?)
    -Elf Race specialty is movement and offensive playstyle. (I'm thinking Dark Knight Style)

PvE Content
    -New Areas Winter
    -Snow Areas and More
    -Underwater Content
    -Underwater Exploring
    -Random Life Stuff
    -Siege Islands
    -New Battleships will be added for Naval War
    -Trading Merchant ships to be added
    -Giant's home area and new Snow Area
    -Coop content TBA

Horse Stuff
    -T9 Added
    -New Skills Added
    -Offensive Skills Added
    -Pegasus added (What?) (No fall damage) (Not flying or limited?)
    -Unicorn Team Buffs

Misc Stuff
    -Skill Awaken System (Enchanting Changes?)
    -Wanted Bounty System
    -Something about Baby Elephants (Pet?)

Last edited by Throren; 2016-04-02 at 10:11 AM.

oh another female only class and underwater combat everyone will hate because everyone always does

:l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tamer might be right up your ally,

Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Why do they want to lock classes behind genders/appearances. I recall years ago that pearl abyss mentioned they weren't going to genderlock classes and at least create a counterpart for both genders (like in warrior/valkyrie, although the differences are still a bit too steep in my opinion).

Now they take the ONLY class that isn't genderlocked, being witch/wizard, and genderlock different versions of the awakening instead.

Why.

Also:

WHERE IS MY DAMN MALE ELF
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2016-04-02 at 03:08 PM.