Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The worst part about it is just having to cast empowerment all the time but I don't see that changing anytime soon. I still wish they made it the guardian of hell ability that azmodan has in hots since I think that would be more fitting.
    I sort of wish empowerment was more of a buff on yourself that auto empowers any active demons in 80 yards or something (range being a thing on auras though maybe not really a huge deal most of the time I would prefer a big range). Give it a slight graphic if feasible tethering us to the demons, basically the demons feed off OUR power showing that we are summoning demons from the ether but also our own power.

Same thing really about keeping it up all the time but would affect all demons all the time rather than only active on cast and be a bit more fitting for the fantasy in my view. I know in my ways its functionally the same, but in one its a short empowerment on our demons and in what I propose our power is strong enough to just be a continuous battery that just needs the links to stay open. Personal preference on that, if I have a maintenance buff having some cool factor would be nice, still azmodan's guardian of hell ability would also be welcome.

I'd also like it if Demo's supremacy talent had that extra bit of flavour for the spec. As master of demons I wish it gave demo the option of the fel lord as well, given that we can summon it in pvp albeit as a temporary thing, and it would keep the iconic felguard pet of the spec for those that opt for supremacy. Maybe they are holding something like that over for the future, they have said they plan to keep artifacts going through tiers so they may add more summons as the tiers are added and the artefact increases in power.

EDIT: This demo sidetrack has led me to forget this is actually the affliction thread
    Last edited by mmocf77e0ade01; 2016-04-01 at 08:31 PM.

Afflictions dots were just used as an example there, you could replace it with any specs dots and it'd still be the same concept.

Point I'm trying to make is just that demo's maintenance doesn't feel anywhere near as poorly as affs. The worst part about it is just having to cast empowerment all the time but I don't see that changing anytime soon. I still wish they made it the guardian of hell ability that azmodan has in hots since I think that would be more fitting.

The spec is fairly intuitive, I think it'll be a hit amongst newer / less experienced players. Basically the polar opposite of mop / wod demo.
    My biggest issue with Affliction atm is that it's so tied up in external procs or damage conditioned on X being up that we have little control over or able to manipulate our spec effectively in varying fights. I still think UA stacking is an ugly mechanic. Dumping shards by spamming X is boring and not very creative with little in the way of min maxing my spec (hording, knowing when to dump etc is not smart play just reactive).

Souls are just too damn unpredictable, when are they gonna communicate what the hell it is their vision of this spec is. This is a core skill for our spec, is it maint or do we need to strive to have it up at all times to be at 100% potential??
    Dots don't matter enough as much as the procs that buff them and revolve around them taking control away from us and I hate that.
    Our talents are so incredibly bad and just don't compete, you wouldn't take anything but WiA in our 15, Abs Corr in our 30 (why would you take contagion and eliminate your ability to stack UA, they compete and that's bad) and mana tap, just lol. Our 90 is a joke you either take GoSup or GoSac which amount to the same thing really with either having a pet or not over a fight (or if you want a double interrupt). Supremacy is basically just an infernal for your leveling/world questing.
    At 100 why would you take anything but SE, it returns more shards then SC atm AND increases your damage and PS is still a PoS spell.

If they only thing they did to Aff in Legion was add an artifact and leave everything else alone we'd be in a much better place. Still boring but at least not a Jackson Pollock painting.

Am I the only one who wishes Affliction was much more of a DoT class? Say 4-5 DoTs like it was way back when, instead of this 2 DoTs one nuke kinda spec. So say UA, Agony, Corruption like they are on live, Haunt as a DoT & debuff with a CD and Siphon Life like on the alpha. 5 diff DoTs, each works differently. Could even just make Soul Shard just empower different DoTs. /shrug just feels so basic on alpha atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    Am I the only one who wishes Affliction was much more of a DoT class? Say 4-5 DoTs like it was way back when, instead of this 2 DoTs one nuke kinda spec. So say UA, Agony, Corruption like they are on live, Haunt as a DoT & debuff with a CD and Siphon Life like on the alpha. 5 diff DoTs, each works differently. Could even just make Soul Shard just empower different DoTs. /shrug just feels so basic on alpha atm.
    I don't want more dots, I want more ways to empower, augment, or spread them more easily. Right now the only way to do more damage is quite literally to just manually apply more dots (minus corruption), which is boring for single target but gets very tricky very quickly as target number increases.

You literally have 4 dots as aff right now in alpha and they're all short duration. UA is the only one tied to a secondary resource and generally you generate enough shards to keep it up basically 100% of the time.

I don't really see how the spec isn't enough of a dot spec, you hardly have time to do anything else besides dot in ST yet alone multi-target.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Testing today on the raids, my personal thoughts, as affliction all you do is dot like crazy. There is very little time to channel drain life or soul whatever you spec into. The burst isn't bad but if you get capping shards you spam UA. The ticks are nice but a lot of tab targeting and not tunneling.

Here is some logs feel free to check it out.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=13

You literally have 4 dots as aff right now in alpha and they're all short duration. UA is the only one tied to a secondary resource and generally you generate enough shards to keep it up basically 100% of the time.

I don't really see how the spec isn't enough of a dot spec, you hardly have time to do anything else besides dot in ST yet alone multi-target.
    Maybe it's just me then. I find playing without Siphon Life a lil dull. Guess I'm one of the few that things the more DoTs the better

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Testing today on the raids, my personal thoughts, as affliction all you do is dot like crazy. There is very little time to channel drain life or soul whatever you spec into. The burst isn't bad but if you get capping shards you spam UA. The ticks are nice but a lot of tab targeting and not tunneling.

Here is some logs feel free to check it out.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=13
    What talent set up did you roll with out of interest? I played Demo all night as loving it atm

Maybe it's just me then. I find playing without Siphon Life a lil dull. Guess I'm one of the few that things the more DoTs the better

What talent set up did you roll with out of interest? I played Demo all night as loving it atm
    did you parse demo?

I went with Agony, Corruption, Service and Soul Effigy. I guess I would consider the main talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    did you parse demo?

I went with Agony, Corruption, Service and Soul Effigy. I guess I would consider the main talents.
    Yeah I did https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Did you find you only really had to cast UA and refresh Agony then? Notice that you only had about ~20% average uptime on Drain Life which I'm pretty surprised at.

Yeah I did https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Did you find you only really had to cast UA and refresh Agony then? Notice that you only had about ~20% average uptime on Drain Life which I'm pretty surprised at.
    With all the add's and trying to carry people who claim they know how to raid, seems i had to multi target a lot to see the fight more. Downside I wanted to play demo but my artifact has zero power, and my affliction one doesn't have anything amazing either. Wish to get true testing they max our power and just activate all abilities to get a true feel.

In what constellation are you able to generate enough shards to keep it up 100% of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia101 View Post
    In what constellation are you able to generate enough shards to keep it up 100% of the time?
    Ursa minor

Ursa minor
    Which is where you're likely playing Alpha. Cause it sure ain't the case here.

Which is where you're likely playing Alpha. Cause it sure ain't the case here.
    I feel like you don't understand what a constellation is.

I feel like you don't understand what a constellation is.
    Or perhaps you don't get nuance.

Or perhaps you don't get nuance.
    Or what nuance is

Or what nuance is
    I suggest broadening your knowledge with a better understanding of context specific use of constellation. Or just learn how to use google before making yourself look like an ass. Maybe that's where you get all ur shards from

I suggest broadening your knowledge with a better understanding of context specific use of constellation. Or just learn how to use google before making yourself look like an ass. Maybe that's where you get all ur shards from
    From my ass?

From my ass?
    I was wrong. You do get nuance. The world is right again

I was wrong.
    Good talk.