Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Ashbringer was the worst in my Opinion. Any story about the Ashbringer and the whole war in the plaguelands should be written by an actual good writer who really can portray characters with religious believes, moral standpoints, feelings and a real psyche.
    I never did bother to read the Ashbringer ones because the Varian/Med'an ones were so fucking bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    We've known for a long time that that thing gave his staff to Khadgar.
    Midevh's staff*

Infractions: 2

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Weapons with lore significance (however small) often seem to fall into the hands of NPCs once they've become outdated. I wouldn't doubt that Liadrin is actually welding Quel'Delar, just like how Halduron is likely actually wielding Thori'dal.
    Thats the way it should be imo.

Kalecgos should wield Dragonwrath.
    Darion or Tirion should wield Shadowmourne.
    Liadrin should wield Quel'Delar.
    Halduron should wield Thori'dal.
    Khadgar should wield Atiesh.

I would like to see in a post-Legion expansion all the Artifacts being taken up by other members of the class halls. Like Sylvanas or Vereesa taking up the MM bow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    More atrocious then WoD?
    The comics were good (Well, maybe a little rushed but good) up to the point where green jesus shows up.
    The good thing that most seem to forget is that he lost his all-classes/specs/titans/legion powers by the end of it but by that time we all wanted to see C'thun wake up, disintegrate that green ass and go back to sleep, his purpose fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    The comics were good (Well, maybe a little rushed but good) up to the point where green jesus shows up.
    The good thing that most seem to forget is that he lost his all-classes/specs/titans/legion powers by the end of it but by that time we all wanted to see C'thun wake up, disintegrate that green ass and go back to sleep, his purpose fulfilled.
    No. They were still fucking garbage when it was about Varian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    The story was crap, the characters were one-dimensional and boring, the Hero was a Cliché male Mary Sue Super Hero and the art was really, really ugly. I even think that the art was the worst part of those comics, the characters really looked like shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    The story was crap, the characters were one-dimensional and boring, the Hero was a Cliché male Mary Sue Super Hero and the art was really, really ugly. I even think that the art was the worst part of those comics, the characters really looked like shit.
    Can't argue with the art after chapter 10 or so, they changed the artist from the previous issues and the new one was just... I don't know, probably a Liefield disciple.

check my signature
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Now you just need Chris Metzen showing a contract to lawyer saying Med'an is never coming back. Ever.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That's not what retcon means.
    I know the proper definition of the word I used. When you refute someone, it's on you to elaborate.

That said, most of the characters introduced in that comic have at least cameo appeared in WoW in some fashion EXCEPT Me'dan. All references to the Guardians of Tirisfal have been either ignored up to now. In other cases, they're rendered obsolete by the events of some of the Legion Artifact Quests or Chronicle: Volume 1.

Blizzard might not even have to say "Yeah, making a super-powerful/important lore character like Me'dan in a comic 10 years ago probably wasn't the best idea so we're gonna quietly sweep him under the rug" for anyone who knows about him to know that's EXACTLY what's going on. I think it's for the best personally but don't care at the same time.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    I would like to see in a post-Legion expansion all the Artifacts being taken up by other members of the class halls. Like Sylvanas or Vereesa taking up the MM bow.
    Same here! Frostmourne can be put back together and given to Bolvar, Ashbringer gets laid to rest in Light's Hope, Thrall takes back the Doomhammer to rebuild his relationship with the elements, etc. Plus special dialogue if you ever used the weapon!

Ashbringer was the worst in my Opinion. Any story about the Ashbringer and the whole war in the plaguelands should be written by an actual good writer who really can portray characters with religious believes, moral standpoints, feelings and a real psyche.
    The Ashbringer comics were the only ones I really liked

What is it about them that you dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I never did bother to read the Ashbringer ones because the Varian/Med'an ones were so fucking bad.
    Ashbringer is a lot better than the Varian/Med'an comics. The art is better, for one...

Everything else looks good compared to those two shitfests, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    See what M-Ra is hoping for in an author? Those are the aspects that were disliked in the story...
    Yeah, but I'm not sure if that means they really want that, or they just want the Argent Dawn and Tirion and Alexandros to mindlessly kill all Horde races, rendering the differences between the Scarlet Crusade and Argent Dawn irrelevant and pointless.

I disagree, my mage is using Atiesh in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Here's a thread with mostly good suggestions for it

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742855522

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Yeah, but I'm not sure if that means they really want that, or they just want the Argent Dawn and Tirion and Alexandros to mindlessly kill all Horde races, rendering the differences between the Scarlet Crusade and Argent Dawn irrelevant and pointless.
    I want to see a Comic that gives the characters a real psyche, develops their personalitys and shows a deeper and critical portrayal of the whole Concept of Paladin. What I once liked about the Argentdawn back when the Corebooks were Canon was, that they also more extreme in their methods than the Church of holy Light, the Scarlet Crusade just went entirely the "the end justifies the means" Path. It was also really interesting how the way the Argentdawn fought was described:

In the Plaguelands and other parts of the world that the Alliance and Horde alike have abandoned, the Argent Dawn stands as a last shining bastion of hope against the Scourge, the Burning Legion and other threats. Contrary to what one might expect, the Argent Dawn rarely defends any given location; rather it remains mobile, attempting to strike where it is least expected. This is clearly a strong contrast to the more straightforward Knights of the Silver Hand.

The knights and freedom fighters of the Argent Dawn rely on hit and run tactics, using their magic and knowledge of the terrain to compensate for the disadvantage of their small numbers. Each group is assigned an officer, who chooses when to engage enemies in combat or avoid them; if there is any major risk to the group, the officer avoids the conflict unless there is an impending threat that must be stopped. The Argent Dawn is unwilling to risk even a single member if it can be avoided, for every sword lost could be another to join the Scourge. The Argent Dawn is not a group of cowards; far from it. They willingly risk their lives each day.

If an Argent Dawn force is attacked while guarding a specific person or location, the members form a defensive circle around the target and attempt to repulse their enemies with ranged attacks. If any attackers make it to melee range, paladins and templar move to eliminate the target, then return to their positions in the circle if possible. If the Argent Dawn has multiple locations to defend, it prioritizes and potentially abandons one location completely, depending on the situation; if there are living people to defend in both locations, the Argent Dawn sends just enough people to the less important locations to evacuate anyone who may need help.

Before entering combat, Argent Dawn units prepare with as many beneficial spells as possible. Priests cast spell resistance, holy word shield, and bear’s endurance on everyone they can to increase their chances of survival. Paladins and Argent Dawn templar enhance their weapons with holy sword if they can cast it; and if not, they focus on other spells to increase their damage-dealing abilities, such as bull’s strength.

Once in combat, each spellcaster powerful enough to incapacitate a target with hooks of binding or another spell uses it to thin the enemy group’s numbers. After that point, the group focuses its firepower on enemy spell casters (if applicable), moving from what appears to be the strongest target to the weakest. One priest maintains a healing rain if the group fights undead. When fighting intelligent enemies, Argent Dawn groups focus on enemy leadership first, expending their powerful abilities (holy strikes and high-level spells) to destroy that target swiftly, then retreat if necessary.
    Wasn't it at first that the Argentdawn began to accept other and even Horde races, because they had problems with recruitment? It would have been logical, most Fighters who wanted to free Lordaeron from the Scourge rather joined the bigger and better established Scarlet Crusade. A big story would be really cool, seeing how Lordaeron falls to the Scourge with the point of view of a Paladin, see how they start the Scarlet Crusade as a new flame of hope, how they radicalize and they split themselves up to the Argentdawn. I would love to see Tirion Fordring as a less glorified character and rather as an old man who only tried to do what he thinks was right and loses everything he holds dear, until he has nothing more than his faith and his honor in the end and is a rather a tired and lonely man under the face of the great Paladin, that he keeps up for the sake of others, because that's what a Paladin should be about, sacrificing everything you have, your own happiness and life for the greater good (I would love to see tha Path of the Paladin as rather self-destructive).

I want to see a Comic that gives the characters a real psyche, develops their personalitys and shows a deeper and critical portrayal of the whole Concept of Paladin. What I once liked about the Argentdawn back when the Corebooks were Canon was, that they also more extreme in their methods than the Church of holy Light, the Scarlet Crusade just went entirely the "the end justifies the means" Path. It was also really interesting how the way the Argentdawn fought was described:

Wasn't it at first that the Argentdawn began to accept other and even Horde races, because they had problems with recruitment? It would have been logical, most Fighters who wanted to free Lordaeron from the Scourge rather joined the bigger and better established Scarlet Crusade. A big story would be really cool, seeing how Lordaeron falls to the Scourge with the point of view of a Paladin, see how they start the Scarlet Crusade as a new flame of hope, how they radicalize and they split themselves up to the Argentdawn. I would love to see Tirion Fordring as a less glorified character and rather as an old man who only tried to do what he thinks was right and loses everything he holds dear, until he has nothing more than his faith and his honor in the end and is a rather a tired and lonely man under the face of the great Paladin, that he keeps up for the sake of others, because that's what a Paladin should be about, sacrificing everything you have, your own happiness and life for the greater good (I would love to see tha Path of the Paladin as rather self-destructive).
    It wasn't because they had trouble recruiting people. They suggested that with the Scarlet Crusade people before they changed the Silver Hand to the Scarlet Crusade.

I don't remember who, it may have been Darion, Maxwell, Officer Pureheart, or someone else, but in the comic, they say something like "we should ask those outside our kingdom for help, or outside our faction if need be." So they were saying the Silver Hand should talk to the Dwarves, or Elves, or other human kingdoms able to help. Then the Silver Hand, growing increasingly racist and bigoted under Balnazzar's influence, said "No, this is our problem, they're not worthy to help us."

And Darion said something like "What makes it so we can judge the other races?" And Renault says "It's our light-given right." So they rejected even the idea of working even with other Alliance races, because they thought the Light favored them over all other races.

After Alexandros died, Maxwell left the Silver Hand with anyone who agreed with him that the Scourge was too big a threat to let petty politics or racism get in the way of their mission. The Silver Hand lost sight of that mission, putting their pride and self-importance over the goal of eradicating the Scourge, so they left to establish the Argent Dawn to fight the Scourge its own way, which proved the better one.