Poll: Would 1,000,000 gold be acceptable to fly pre-patch 1 of Legion?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People like you make me sick. First, even with garrison money, I would not want to spend more than 5000 for a skill upgrade which I have already invested like 250K into over all my characters - mounts are not even in these costs. They already count into some millions.

Second, you seem to have forgotten that many people in BC could not afford flying and were having problems accessing flying content. This should never be repeated. Especially not in the current state of game, when it constantly needs an influx of new players to maintain the numbers, and these new players surely would not be able to afford expensive flying.

NO. This is stupid. They already gate flying behind an achievement. Increasing costs would not help anybody but some sick fucks who like to destroy fun of other people just because they religiously believe that they are right.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-04-02 at 10:11 AM.

Deleted
    Nah. I don't think flying should be this thing only few people get, either implement it or don't implement it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Flying is bad for WoW, so no. It can be added a few months after the final content patch, but otherwise flying is detrimental to overall enjoyment. Sadly this is subconscious game design and most people can not grasp how being able to ignore everything on the ground is part of the issue when they later claim that the world feels empty, easy and non-threatening.

Because it's easier to say "You can choose not to fly."
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Let's see, 1.000.000g fr flying at the very start of the game.
    Sure, not many players have that much gold to spend on something like that, so not many would be able to fly around and hunt rares, or pickup flower and mine. That would mean that players that have flying would have huge advantage over players that dont have it. Now you can make 5000+ gold ( depending on how many Fel Blights you get ) so i guess that in first month you would be getting 2-3x more by selling herbs/ore, so lets ay 12.500g/hour, most players would play 4+ hours a day during that time so if half of that time you invest into gathering mats you would earn 25k gold/day. And that's if you sell that and ot use it for your crafting profession. IF the same trend as it was in WoD continues at the start you could turn that 25k into 50k easy each day - I know i had 12 inscribers making cards daily and in first month i made over 2mill pure profit. So 1mill and to have it unlocked on all characters ( at least in some future patch ) sure, why not. The time i invested into farming reputations and doing daily shit I could have made a million gold so i dont see a problem in that.

No 1mil is not acceptable to fly early, I could afford it easily but as long as flight isn't in the last patch of the expansion I wouldn't pay it, if it is in the last patch I still wouldn't pay it cause I won't be playing any longer.

There are also a lot of players who will never have the ability to pay that much why should they be penalised for not being able to accumulate large sums of gold in a game they play for fun. Sure real life is a case of those who have will get stuff those who do not have will get stuffed. Why should what is meant to be an escape from reality for however a short or long time have that shitty reality imposed on it.

Only if each quest in Legion gives you 100k gold.

Otherwise it would be stupid, and create an uneven playing field. The WoW embodiment of the 1%, who would use that gold to get richer while everyone else was left with even less.

If I said that 0.01% of all players had 1 million gold it would still be pretty exaggerated, only AH moguls make that kind of gold. If they want to charge a very large number of any currency then gold is the absolutely worst. There needs to be equal playing ground and that means exploration achievements and similar stuff to obtain flying if not just a decent sum of gold that anyone can do or obtain in a timely manner.

No. like 10 % of the playerbase will ever be able to even get 1 mill gold. This is a riddicilus idea

1 million gold now is the same as 5k was for epic flying back in TBC. In fact it was probably harder to get 5k back then than 1 million now.

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    1 million gold now is the same as 5k was for epic flying back in TBC. In fact it was probably harder to get 5k back then than 1 million now.
    Do you have one million when you're a fresh lvl 100? I had around 4k when I got to 70 with SMV left.

Deleted
    casual players will never reach 1 million at WoD/garrison income levels, while at the same time feeling bad for buying mounts/stuff that holds them back from getting flying, or feeling bad for not being able to buy mounts/stuff because they are saving for flying.

THe only people that are getting rich of garrisons are those that login every day and have multiple characters and cba with it, which is a small minority.

1 million is just absurd its 8-10x more then anything else cost in this game with the exception of boosts which everybody agrees is for rich people.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-02 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    If I said that 0.01% of all players had 1 million gold it would still be pretty exaggerated, only AH moguls make that kind of gold. If they want to charge a very large number of any currency then gold is the absolutely worst. There needs to be equal playing ground and that means exploration achievements and similar stuff to obtain flying if not just a decent sum of gold that anyone can do or obtain in a timely manner.
    I guess we are not playing the same game....

Not a fucking chance in hell.

oh oh oh, lets be Super evil and put it on the Black Market Auction House. every other day.. mwhahhahahahaha.

Those who REALLY want flying can absolutely get it in a timely manner. Those who prefer to actually play the game can grab it cheap late on in the expansion!

Bull fucking shit. I have 3 garrisons, full treasure hunters, salvage yard, all that jazz. If I hadn't spent ONE SINGLE GOLD over the course of WOD, with the 3 characters combined, I MIGHT have had 1 million gold by now. Maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 5k was for a speed increase though. Practically everyone could unlock basic flying. That's an important distinction, because just being able to fly even at a slow speed gives you a lot of immediate advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    Do you have one million when you're a fresh lvl 100? I had around 4k when I got to 70 with SMV left.
    I had 3x1mill before the WoD went live. So what was your point? Some players have millions, some have few some players have under 1mill. Its the same thing, some players had epic flying some didnt. When I purchased epic flying I was left at <400g in few days with epic flying i had over 5k gold. It's an investment and every investment requires you to invest something - gold and time. Its the same with raiding, how many players killed Archi mythic? The only thing different is that ANYONE can make gold in wow and you don't need to have brain to do so. The best part if they decide to charge 1million ( or some huge amount ) is that gold will be removed from game thus helping economy in the months to come.
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-04-02 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post
    If a mod sees this, please change the title to "Is 1,000,000 gold acceptable to fly" as I realized some pay not want to pay that much, but still would agree with the prospect.

Done [MoanaLisa]

It looks like we aren't getting flying at the beginning of the expansion, and seeing how I don't know the inner workings of blizzard nor have seen the alpha, I can't say as to whether that is a good decision or not. It is, however, clear that they want flying to be an achievement and difficult to get. So the question is, do you think it would be fair to be able to have flying at the max level like the earlier expansions, but with what would essentially be a price tag comparable to vanilla epic mounts?

Please do not turn this into a debate about blizzards stance on flying, I am just wondering how many people would be completely fine with flying being obtainable at the beginning, except gated behind a lengthy gold grind. Sure it is not what a lot of people want, which is flying like previous expansions, but is somewhat of a compromise.

Please answer the poll as to whether you believe 1,000,000 gold is acceptable to fly, not as to whether you would buy it or not. Personally, I think it sounds acceptable (which is why I made the thread) even though I would not buy it as I don't really need it that bad.

EDIT: It would also be interesting to hear what you think the acceptable value of that would be
    I think that this is a pointless topic.

Number 1: Blizz is never, ever going to make flight cost 1million gold, ever. Number 2: the amount required for flight in vanilla was high for the time, but nowhere near "1 million gold adjusted for inflation" as you're suggesting. Not even remotely close.

And frankly, its just a plain dumb-ass idea to suggest that paying a million gold is somehow better than an achievement which people can complete in a few weeks. I came back from a 6 month hiatus, and had flight 15 days later despite very little progress toward the meta. So yeah.

Its ironic that you ask us not to make this another debate about flight, but that's exactly what you're doing. You're proposing that paying a million gold is somehow less miserable than a meta achievement.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    I want an epic questline somewhere in 7.1 or 7.2 that rewards Flying. Not just an achievement you get, but an actual epic questline. Ty

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because I just can't make that much gold. It might be trivial sum for others, but I'm not keen on playing the AH for that much. The gain is too large to ignore, and playing the AH is fucking boring.