Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

SWEDEN YES! : Headmaster reported for using the word "she" instead of "it"

Source: http://www.thelocal.se/20160402/swed...d-reported-for

A Swede has reported a school headteacher to the country’s Equality Ombudsman for refusing to use ‘hen’, the new gender-neutral pronoun, in what could be a landmark case for transgender rights.

During a job interview the headteacher allegedly insisted on instead using the feminine personal pronoun ‘hon’ — meaning ‘she’ — while avoiding using the applicant’s preferred name.

“I had never before encountered anyone who so deliberately neglected to call me by my name,” the complainant wrote. “And if that doesn’t happen, despite the headmaster knowing about it, then that is discrimination against me and my gender identity.”

“My gender identity is non-binary, which in my case means that I neither identify myself as a man or a woman,” the complainant explained.

“I felt inadequate as a person, and as if I couldn’t fully exist, as if my full gender identity and identity were not acceptable”.

The Swedish Academy included ‘hen’ in its official list of Swedish words in 2014, decades after the word — which is derived from the Finnish gender neutral personal pronoun ‘hän’ — was first proposed by gender equality activists.

According to the language periodical Språktidningen, ‘hen’ was by 2014 used once in the Swedish media for every 300 used of ‘hon’ on ‘han’, up from one for every 13,000 in 2011.

However major newspapers still treat it as a neologism, with Dagens Nyheter for instance instructing journalists not to use it.

Clas Lundstedt, a spokesman for the Equality Ombudsman, said that the agency had yet to decide whether to take the case to court.

“We have just started the investigation so we don’t know if we’re going to go to court with it or not,” he said.

Will be interesting too see how this story develops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the transgender thing, but I thought they wanted to be he or she, just the opposite of what they are biologically, not gender neutral. I only know one transgendered person and she very, very much wants everyone to treat her like a her.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fucking butthurt Beluga, Batman. The amount of salt spilling from the tears of these stupid people is astounding. Grow some balls, but I am sure the uppity wanker who whines about being called he she or it probably had them surgically removed.

Reported, yes. You can report anyone for anything. Doesn't mean a thing though.

refusing to use ‘hen’, the new gender-neutral pronoun

Can someone point out to the Ombudsman than 'hen' is a derogatory word for women in the US? "They cackled like a bunch of hens."

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

If they were using the 3rd person they were not talking to or with the claimant.

as if I couldn’t fully exist
    neglected to call me by my name
    You were no being called; you didn't exist as a party in that conversation or exchange.
    You were a bit of a creep for interfering in any exchange you are not a part of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding the transgender thing, but I thought they wanted to be he or she, just the opposite of what they are biologically, not gender neutral. I only know one transgendered person and she very, very much wants everyone to treat her like a her.
    If you call (what was it's name?) Bruce Jenner "it" the PC crowd will rape you.

The whole idea of "identifieing" as a certain gender is BS especially not beeing either woman or man. There are these two options for humans. That's a fact. No ammount of insane rambling will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    what do you mean it wants to be treated like a her. Don't we treat hims and hers the same? Arent men and women equal? Shouldn't they be treated exactly the same anyhow?

Deleted
    reporting to a ombudsman doesn't do jack unless there are a lot of reports. so prolly nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    If you call (what was it's name?) Bruce Jenner "it" the PC crowd will rape you.

The whole idea of "identifieing" as a certain gender is BS especially not beeing either woman or man. There are these two options for humans. That's a fact. No ammount of insane rambling will change that.
    I'm sorry, but calling bruce jenner an IT, is a serious insult to the word IT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Can someone point out to the Ombudsman than 'hen' is a derogatory word for women in the US? "They cackled like a bunch of hens."
    The issue here is that hen is a swedish word and not to be confused with the english one. The reason for "hen" specifically is because the male/female words are "hon" and "han"

With that said why would the headmaster need to use the pronoun at all? The issue seems more to be that the headmaster didn't use the name of the person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I'm sorry, but calling bruce jenner an IT, is a serious insult to the word IT.
    I would go with she if that person actually looked like one. Like in: "She is a bitch." (Infraction incomming?)

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    The issue here is that hen is a swedish word and not to be confused with the english one. The reason for "hen" specifically is because the male/female words are "hon" and "han"

With that said why would the headmaster need to use the pronoun at all? The issue seems more to be that the headmaster didn't use the name of the person.
    That's actually kinda strange since he has one name in his files but he tried to avoid using that becasue he knew that "it" would get pissed at that. Seems to me someone wanted to drag their non-issue into the public either way.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-04-02 at 12:51 PM.

Late April Foo- Nope, it's Sweden...

What crazy sociopathic buffoon came up with the idea that gender is something you simply identify as, and the special snowflake syndrome surrounding those that feel like they're better people for defining themselves as "outside the norm" is so obvious that it makes you wonder what kind of terrible childhood they had to feel they needed the attention from doing so.

If you want to "change" your gender, just look the part you want to look, call yourself a certain way, and no one will give a single crap because they won't notice. The entire reason these cases come up is simply because of the attention seeking behavior by a few individuals who likely were neglected by their parents as kids and were made fun of in school.

Deleted
    I hope IT dies off by a horrible disease, I have no sympathy for these human cancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

In Scotland, 'hen' is used in an affectionate way for a female "Wits the maeter hen?"

In reference to the original article though, I am not sure what transgender has to do with this. Is this not more like Androgyny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Swedish head reported for using 'hon' not 'hen"
    It's funny how down here in the south you hear women refer to men as "hon" or "hun." Which is short for "hunny."

then that is discrimination against me and my gender identity.”

“My gender identity is non-binary, which in my case means that I neither identify myself as a man or a woman,”
    If this isn't a late April Fools joke or a tabloid piece I'd be surprised. But if serious, it doesn't matter what YOU identify as. What matters is what others want to identify you as. Getting your underwear, which ever type you wear, in a wad isn't worth it over something so small. They aren't discriminating against you because they use a word you don't agree with. You are discriminating against them because they aren't conforming to YOUR notions of normality.

If you want to be accepted then you must first accept others.

Deleted
    A Swede has reported a school headteacher to the country’s Equality Ombudsman for refusing to use ‘hen’, the new gender-neutral pronoun, in what could be a LANDMARK case for transgender rights.
    Sorry but what? Who's "Rights" did he infringe on by calling someone he/her? I actually know someone who's transgender who'd find it terrible to be called "Hen" or "it" or whatever, then again this is a real transgender person that went for a sex change rather than going "I identify as a dolphin hurrhurr"

These SJW tumblrites are really downplaying the word "rights" with them getting butthurt over the fact that someone said hello to them rather than beating the crap out of them, you want to know what really is fighting for rights? How about the fact you had to use a crappy toilet and if you accidently entered the wrong toilet you'd get the crap beaten out of you? The fact you couldn't get a certain job because reasons. It wasn't about this "Hurr he called me a nigga" crap, it was about the fact that black people actually had to fear for their lives and were unequal in front of the law. SJWs should be forced to live a month as a poor person, see if they'll complain about the wrong pronoun then.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2016-04-02 at 01:03 PM.

Fired for insisting on occupying objective reality. Bummer.