Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been around since late 05 or maybe early 06? can't remember. I have taken upto maybe 8 months off a few times though. I generally really love the game but there have been a few times where i've contemplated quitting for good (partly due to being unhappy with the game, partly due to life things), I'm optimistic about legion though.

played since vanilla, the first time i unsubbed was WOD 2 month after release. Once i leveled to 100 i realized there is nothing to do and unsubbed. I came back later during citadel killed archimondus and unsubbed again. waiting on legion

I've been playing since 2004, I've bought all expansions on launch but I haven't maintained a lengthy active subscription since Cataclysm. MoP and WoD both had me quitting a few months after the expansion launched. MoP mostly cause I didn't care for the Asian theme in WoW, I thought it felt weird, and cause of the lack of post-launch dungeons. WoD I quit cause it just flat out sucked. Probably the worst product Blizzard has ever released as a company.

It's been interesting to see Blizzard go from small team and tons of content to a massive team and very little content in WoD. It also boggles my mind that a company like Blizzard, with near unlimited resources, hasn't been able to assemble a smaller team within the WoW team to focus just on content in between expansions so we don't go a full year or more in a subscription game without a single content patch.
    Last edited by merex760; 2016-04-02 at 04:18 AM.

I have been playing since January 2006. Had two short breaks during TBC and WOTLK and my last and longest break was 4 months in Cata.

Deleted
    Started playing january 2006 or something, always bought every expansion when they launched, but "permanently" quit twice, before Ulduar (just wanted something else) and HFC (because WoD sucks) patches. I came back though, because it does not matter (money- or timewise), i still log every day even if i'm doing only minimal garrison chores atm.

I'm not going to revel in nostalgia, but classic still had that certain feeling (because everything was new!) even if i was 20 year old back then.

Played since EU day 1 too, never let my sub lapse.

I've played since beta. Missed a few months here and there due to work and other irl stuff and a few breaks from active raiding but I'm still playing.

Played since Vanilla, definitely didn't waste money staying actively subscribed all the time though.

Deleted
    Was actually a beta tester pre vanilla. Have had 2 breaks from the game. So beside perhaps 12 months away from wow in total, then yes. And I'm currently in Legion alpha

I had kept having problems with my credit card in spring 2005, so even though I was playing with no break since open beta, there's an 11 days gap listed on battle.net, meaning I got no statue.. /wrist

I've been playing since December 2005, which was about a year before BC came out. But I am currently on my first major break from the game (I unsubscribed about 3-4 months in on WoD, so I've been away for the better part of a year at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Musclestalk View Post
    Considering all the money you spent and all the time invested for ultimately ''nothing'' (meaning you will one day stop playing)

If you could go back in time to that day you bought WoW and started playing, would you do it again or choose to never play ?
    What you're paying for is entertaiment. Same like other video games, same like paying for books, movies, etc. Now whether wow is worth it in terms of how much entertainment we get for the money spent, that's up to each individual to decide.
    Don't let the duration of the game fool you. Playing one game for 10 years and playing 10 different games for one year each is the same thing, provided you get what you want. As for time travel, the only thing I'd do is invest more in previous years when my friends were all active and the game still had the "wow factor", rather than now. Or atleast made new friends in recent times so the last 2-3 expansions were more fun.

In simple terms, yes, I would play it again. I think the memories and the fun I've had are worth it.

Considering all the money you spent and all the time invested for ultimately ''nothing'' (meaning you will one day stop playing)

If you could go back in time to that day you bought WoW and started playing, would you do it again or choose to never play ?
    If your account was banned all of a sudden. Your 12-years old account. Would you stop or get back in ?
    Man all that money wasted... oh wait 12 years is like just under 2200 dollars.... in 12 years. Thats literally money you could wipe your butt with.

Imagine the people who go out one day a week with their friends to drink and spend upwards of like 50+... you hit what you spent on wow in a few months not 12 years. Sure people enjoy that and thats good for them. Others dislike that kind of life. Long as you are having fun with your life and able to have a home and what you want who cares what you do. Not everyone thinks being around people all the time outside making money is important to them because it sure isn't required to live a life.

Since September 2005, still have an active subscription
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I have the vanilla part, but I'm failing the playing part (at least on retail... )

Stopped at the end of MoP... was grumbling and getting frustrated since mid-Cata, but social ties and addon making kept me going for a while.

I have been around since Vanilla (bought the game about a month before BC dropped). I am always playing different games at the same time though. I think that is why I never got too burned out on WOW. If there wasn't anything to do, I would just focus on a different game for awhile until I got the itch to go back to Azeroth.

Day 1.

I unsubbed after I completed Archimonde on Heroic though.

since launch in 2004. droughts at end of vanilla, firelands into DS and then back, drought during MoP SOO, and only about 4 or 5 months of WoD. If i play in WoD now it's only to help friend with pvp. Playing for free gold is the only reason i'll actually log on and help in rbgs, 2's and 3's now. it's just soo boring and bad now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    it's just soo boring and bad now.
    well it is the end of the eexpansion, what do you expect?
    Hi

If your account was banned all of a sudden. Your 12-years old account. Would you stop or get back in ?
    Yes i would i have had a blast playing the game - invested for nothing? O_o so if i buy a trip to spain for a week - you would alsow say ive invested in nothing ?

my account will never get banned. but lets say it was, i would just play on a new account on the same battlenet account.