Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drjbi View Post
    There already are quests for at least 3 of the 4 Horsemen in the alpha files. Nazgrim, Thoras Trollbane and Tirion Fordring
    oooooh, interesting... thanks! I didn't know!

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The idea of them being corrupted is retarded. might as well just kill them off instead of another "hur dur they're corrupted" abomination of a story.
    You might not be familiar with a man under Blizzard employment called Chris Metzen? Corrupted/broken things are his specialty. Usually women nowadays in a creeper way.

Honestly, I wish they hadn't touched the characters of Turalyon and Alleria, because I knew they would completely ruin them. And they did.

What we wanted to see:

- Turalyon and Alleria going apeshit to see that we're working with the orcs who they fought so hard against and who killed so many of their friends
    - Alleria meeting with Sylvanas and Vereesa
    - Both returning as Alliance heroes

What we got:

- Them fighting the Legion for some reason, which is complete and utter bullshit. Turalyon and Alleria didn't even know the Burning Legion existed when they disappeared. Their enemies were the orcs.
    - Lol neutral
    - Some bullshit story that doesn't make any sense at all because Turalyon is a human and a human doesn't live for thousands of fucking years.

It's about as terrible as I expected, probably worse. And so we have to be testament to yet two more of our most beloved Alliance heroes being utterly fucking ruined. Great job Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    What we got:

- Them fighting the Legion for some reason, which is complete and utter bullshit. Turalyon and Alleria didn't even know the Burning Legion existed when they disappeared. Their enemies were the orcs.
    - Lol neutral
    - Some bullshit story that doesn't make any sense at all because Turalyon is a human and a human doesn't live for thousands of fucking years.

It's about as terrible as I expected, probably worse. And so we have to be testament to yet two more of our most beloved Alliance heroes being utterly fucking ruined. Great job Blizzard.
    For one thing, characters can learn new information. In the grand scope of things, the orcs are meaningless. Secondly, Turalyon and Alleria are evidently no longer of this plane, but have become beings that are beyond time - I mean they're travelling the great dark beyond to fight the legion. They're cosmic scale heroes now, somehow. If you accept that transformation, which will probably be explained at some point, the scene makes sense.

Deleted
    They aren't dead unless they're retconning Arator's vision. oh wait it's Blizzard.
    In any case i doubt even Blizzard would kill off two important and highly demanded characters in quest dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    For one thing, characters can learn new information. In the grand scope of things, the orcs are meaningless. Secondly, Turalyon and Alleria are evidently no longer of this plane, but have become beings that are beyond time - I mean they're travelling the great dark beyond to fight the legion. They're cosmic scale heroes now, somehow. If you accept that transformation, which will probably be explained at some point, the scene makes sense.
    I don't accept that, because it's bullshit.

Turalyon and Alleria should have appeared back in The Burning Crusade, along with Danath, Khadgar, and Kurdran. God only knows why they didn't. But they fucked that up, and so they should have just left them alone. Now it's too late to bring them back without making up some bullshit story. Which they did anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't accept that, because it's bullshit.

Turalyon and Alleria should have appeared back in The Burning Crusade, along with Danath, Khadgar, and Kurdran. God only knows why they didn't. But they fucked that up, and so they should have just left them alone. Now it's too late to bring them back without making up some bullshit story. Which they did anyway.
    You seem angry

I agree, they should indeed have been in TBC - only Blizzard knows why they weren't. My point is simply that we have now been given an answer (which they probably didn't know back then): they're using them to introduce the cosmic scale conflict in Warcraft, as they did in the Chronicle, to the Azeroth level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    You seem angry

I agree, they should indeed have been in TBC - only Blizzard knows why they weren't. My point is simply that we have now been given an answer (which they probably didn't know back then): they're using them to introduce the cosmic scale conflict in Warcraft, as they did in the Chronicle, to the Azeroth level.
    I personally believe the reason they didn't introduce them back in TBC was they weren't sure how to do justice to Turalyon (aka General of the Alliance in his time, basically the equivalent to Orgrim Doomhammer) in the WoW setting, and Alleria kind of got dragged along with him (or perhaps they weren't sure how to fit her into the High Elf/Blood Elf thing, especially if they were already planning on having Vereesa as the High Elf mascot). So they just shoved them into the offscreen waiting room until they thought of something, and as time passed they got hyped up by the fanbase (much like Calia Menethil did) they had to thing of a THING for them to have been doing all this time to justify their absence.

Quote Originally Posted by YTDN View Post
    I personally believe the reason they didn't introduce them back in TBC was they weren't sure how to do justice to Turalyon (aka General of the Alliance in his time, basically the equivalent to Orgrim Doomhammer) in the WoW setting, and Alleria kind of got dragged along with him (or perhaps they weren't sure how to fit her into the High Elf/Blood Elf thing, especially if they were already planning on having Vereesa as the High Elf mascot). So they just shoved them into the offscreen waiting room until they thought of something, and as time passed they got hyped up by the fanbase (much like Calia Menethil did) they had to thing of a THING for them to have been doing all this time to justify their absence.
    It really wouldn't have been so hard. It's way harder now to get them back into the storyline.

They could have made Turalyon a questgiver alongside Danath, making him the commander and Danath just a lieutenant. Then they could have used Turalyon in the following expansions leading the Alliance forces instead of Admiral fucking Taylor. Even better, Turalyon could have been the one to finish Arthas instead of Tirion. Turalyon is a way better paladin.

As for Alleria, she could have taken the place of Vereesa, who nobody gives a shit about.

Deleted
    It really wouldn't have been so hard. It's way harder now to get them back into the storyline.

They could have made Turalyon a questgiver alongside Danath, making him the commander and Danath just a lieutenant. Then they could have used Turalyon in the following expansions leading the Alliance forces instead of Admiral fucking Taylor. Even better, Turalyon could have been the one to finish Arthas instead of Tirion. Turalyon is a way better paladin.

As for Alleria, she could have taken the place of Vereesa, who nobody gives a shit about.
    Hey, I was just speculating why they didn't re-introduce them in TBC. They could have, they just had a different direction, like in Wrath building up Varian as leading the Alliance armies, and the novels already building up the Vereesa-Rhonin relationship which put her in the best position to lead the Helves in Dalaran. There did seem to be a strong thing of trying to build up characters for WoW rather than using existing RTS characters.

I'm not defending them, especially when we see how the other Sons of Lothar fared (Kurdran got the best of it with his stuff in the Twilight Highlands, Khadgar got shuffled offscreen to the Kirin Tor until WoD, and Danath got forgotten because Stromgarde was so far down their list of priorities). But pretty much all of the Warcraft II characters that didn't get killed during WCIII got shafted in WoW- see how all the Horde heroes got raid bossed. I do think that the writers preferred the WCIII characters to WCII characters.

The only thing I'd disagree with you on is Turalyon replacing Tirion. Tirion already had his quest in the Eastern Plaguelands and histoy with the Scourge, while Turalyon didn't even know the Scourge existed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    Well looks like we see / hear them now after long time
    Very disappoint if only one class can have "news" about Alleria & Turalyon.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

What we wanted to see:

- Turalyon and Alleria going apeshit to see that we're working with the orcs who they fought so hard against and who killed so many of their friends
    - Alleria meeting with Sylvanas and Vereesa
    - Both returning as Alliance heroes
    Oh really?

We wanted to see Alleria as an Alliance hero? I didn't. The humans and gnomes can live without her. The actual elves can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Oh really?

We wanted to see Alleria as an Alliance hero? I didn't. The humans and gnomes can live without her. The actual elves can't.
    The high elves are with the Alliance, Alleria is a high elf. And Alleria would never ally herself with the green monsters who slaughtered her brother, cousins, and other family.

The high elves are with the Alliance, Alleria is a high elf. And Alleria would never ally herself with the green monsters who slaughtered her brother, cousins, and other family.
    For someone who claim to care about heroes, you sure didn't read the books.

Poor guy is on the verge, because his headcanon will collapse any time.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    For someone who claim to care about heroes, you sure didn't read the books.

Poor guy is on the verge, because his headcanon will collapse any time.
    Actually just got finished reading Beyond the Dark Portal. Alleria went through a period of violently slaughtering any orc she came across, until Turalyon was finally able to calm her down and deal with her loss. She still hates orcs more than anything.

Actually just got finished reading Beyond the Dark Portal. Alleria went through a period of violently slaughtering any orc she came across, until Turalyon was finally able to calm her down and deal with her loss. She still hates orcs more than anything.
    Doubtful, characters change.

You mean the traitor assholes who started having moral qualms about the survival of their race? So why are they still sucking alliance cock? The belfs aren't demon vampires any more.

Anyway, Alleria belongs in Silvermoon, which is Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    You mean the traitor assholes who started having moral qualms about the survival of their race? So why are they still sucking alliance cock? The belfs aren't demon vampires any more.

Anyway, Alleria belongs in Silvermoon, which is Horde.
    You act like the blood elves were the victims of that conflict. Forgot how Lor'themar kicked out everyone who dared disagree with his methods?

Alleria belongs with Turalyon, who is Alliance. What's left for her in Silvermoon? All of her family is dead, and it's currently lead by an arrogant dick who told his own people to either consume fel energy or fuck off.

Please, Alliance players have a right to be angry. They've been shat on for every expansion since Cataclysm and will obviously continue to be shat upon.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2016-04-02 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Quel'thalas is part of the Horde.
    So if every Blood Elf in Quel'thalas decides they want to join the Burning Legion is she supposed to go with them? Blood Elves are the ones that changed, not the High Elves.