Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Both extremes are bad.
    its not extreme to defend ones homeland and people from invasive aliens and cultures.

Doesnt really matter which kind of ideology you follow, it matter how blindly you follow it.

Extreme nationalists (actual extremists, not the peaceful protesters) are of course more dangerous to Europe than islamists are, because they are a bigger percentage of the population here. Just like Islamists are more dangerous to the middle easts than european nationalists are to them.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Doesnt really matter which kind of ideology you follow, it matter how blindly you follow it.

Extreme nationalists (actual extremists, not the peaceful protesters) are of course more dangerous to Europe than islamists are, because they are a bigger percentage of the population here. Just like Islamists are more dangerous to the middle easts than european nationalists are to them.
    no thats just open ended nonsense that people say so they can pretend to have an argument.
    islam is invasive and violent by nature, that is how it expands...since its creation.

feel free to research how much christian land is now muslim conquest and how many millions of people have died in its wake.
    there is no moral equivalence and there never has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that radical islam does not get a stage, voting power and say in governments i would have to agree that extreme nationalism can become more dangerous since it has more power and influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    If the Jews were German citizens, the anti-semitism isn't really a nationalist agenda.
    well over 150.000 german jews died that war. i guess nationalism is only dangerous to whomever you can blame for holding the country back from reaching it's ''former glory''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    well over 150.000 german jews died that war. i guess nationalism is only dangerous to whomever you can blame for holding the country back from reaching it's ''former glory''
    And disabled, elderly, sick incurable, anything not pure "insert nationality", other thinkers and thus any opposition or press or even just people protesting.

At the end it's quite an extensive list of who holds the country 'back".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bullshit, nothing radical about 99.99% of all Muslims.
    You on the other side, you are quite radical and should be removed from our country as fast as possible.
    I am sorry but that is simply not true. Polls show that around 70% of the worlds muslims want Sharia to be the law in every country they are in, and 32% want to force it on everyone.

I don't know about you but 70% in favor of Sharia doesn't sound like 00.01 percent who are radical...

And here's proof in case you want to say i am making it up
    http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/i...s-and-society/
    Last edited by morpen; 2016-04-02 at 07:38 PM.

"Of two evils, choose neither." - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post

what ideology you follow dose matter, jains no matter how dogmatically they follow the religion only become less dangerous to people, militant Amish tho they may be mistreating their kids are no risk to the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Extreme Nationalism is not more dangerous because we are familiar with the danger and wont let it gain that much power again. On the other hand the Far Left refuse to see the dangers of radical Islam allowing it to grow in power in their own back yard.
    oh yes, we won't? What about hungary, turkey, poland, the german afd scum and a few more then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You are confusing "citizenship" and "nationality/ethnicity". One can be a German citizen while having no connection to the German nationality and vise versa.
    Well we're definitely talking semantics at this point (Admittedly an argument implied in MY post) but by any definition nationality refers to the relationship between a person and a state, which if you're a citizen I don't know how much more a "nationalist" should support you. I'd argue if you want to exclude someone who clearly identifies with a nationality you're attempting to promote, then that behavior isn't nationalist in general, its racist or ethnocentric or whatever you'd like to call it. If we're moving the goalpost on what nationalists support, I'll move it and say that no true nationalist betrays his or her own fellow citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far right wing extremists and islamist extremists are both equal threats, but in different ways. Both are bad, both have blood on their hands, both need to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    When comparing Radical Islam and Extreme Nationalism in my own country I don't really give a fuck about people in Afghanistan.
    And you're only giving half the information, doesn't surprise me though.
    You said 99.99% of all muslims.

And I made my point and gave you the information from which I made it. And you know the 99:99% thing isn't even close to true in the Netherlands either.

I think where she's coming from - especially being European - is the last time there was a truly right-wing politician running something, a little something called the Holocaust ensued. You may have heard of it.

She's not wrong in the sense that extreme nationalism has done bad things. But she's also wrong in thinking that extreme nationalism is different from radical Islam.

ISIS is literally the Muslim version of extreme nationalism.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    1. From what you're saying (can't read article now), she's talking about extreme nationalists. So, Hitler and the nazis. Now, to take on to your argument, Hitler and the nazis acted against "threats" they identified without facts. So, essentially, they acted due to paranoia and the interest to secure resources. And millions of people died.

2. Now, obviously, the not every extreme nationalist is the likes of Hitler. Some might just kill a few others with a bomb or a gun. Which is why my opinion is that extreme nationalism is as dangerous as radical Islam. Both are just as dangerous for they produce the same effects in the end, deranged individuals thinking they are furthering their nation's/religion's goals by destroying things they see as threats.
    In the most extreme example of the analogy, they're comparing the nazis, who had the political means and resources to conduct wars on a larger scale to groups of people that have neither.

Definitely more dangerous. That whole "preserving their heritage/country" sounds nice, but how quickly it turns into something ugly given the chance/power.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    In the most extreme example of the analogy, they're comparing the nazis, who had the political means and resources to conduct wars on a larger scale to groups of people that have neither.
    your forgetting that the people voted the nazi's into a position to gain that power.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    both extremes are bad obviously, but currently i'd say radical muslims are a greater threat to europes future than nationalism. nationalism is low in Europe and could do with a rise before its completely eroded.
    and i don't regard wanting stricter immigration policies as extreme nationalism

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    So today a relatively big Danish politician, Zenia Stampe
    pffffft hahah

Oh, sorry. She's a joke politician - she almost lost her mandate to Rasmus Helveg Petersen. She likes to make headlines by making demonizing facebook posts, this one is far from the first one. Radikale Venstre is a middle-party with slightly left-leaning ideals, Zenia Stampe is a contrast to most other R-members.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Well we're definitely talking semantics at this point (Admittedly an argument implied in MY post) but by any definition nationality refers to the relationship between a person and a state, which if you're a citizen I don't know how much more a "nationalist" should support you. I'd argue if you want to exclude someone who clearly identifies with a nationality you're attempting to promote, then that behavior isn't nationalist in general, its racist or ethnocentric or whatever you'd like to call it. If we're moving the goalpost on what nationalists support, I'll move it and say that no true nationalist betrays his or her own fellow citizens.
    Nationality is independent of the state, they are two different constructs (one being a legal construct and the other a more organic creation).