Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    If you're playing at a "higher level" just for unique armor models.. idk
    That's pretty much why I do it beyond the first kill of anything. For the cool loot.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    I must confess, they look like trash indeed.

Transmogrification must have really tuned them down on bringing awesome designs in.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I really disagree with WoD sets. I don't like them much at all, and feel like while everything else in the game has visually progressed, armor has regressed.
    The stylistic appeal used to be basic, simply, yet interesting.
    Now it feels there are too many "moving parts" on each set, and to some degree there literally are!
    I think the new WoD sets look insane, however I agree with you. The way I see it, the game doesn't look or feel like Warcraft anymore. That might be nostalgia, but I think its a real thing. Its got to do a lot with the moving parts as you said. Characters are so flashy now compared to even just Cataclysm or MoP.

That said, I like the Legion models for armour.

I think Blizzard needs to seriously be careful with adding a ton of moving parts on gear, or risk the game being unrecognisable as WoW.

Just as a tangent, can any of you tell me what this game is:

If you haven't played it for awhile, I would be very surprised if you could recognize it. This is the extent that graphic changes can accumulate to.

Its Runescape.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-04-02 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    You expect them to make 48 armour sets for every single patch?
    maybe not exactly 48.. but a bit more effort than we have seen in the last 3 expansions. i wish they took the effort put into shetty garrisons and made better gears sets honestly. give sets that look one way for males, and a much more feminine way for females. add some depth and better design. really, garrisons were a complete waste of effort given how shallow and generic they turned out.

imo: now that we have transmog, that should be motivation to the artists to design more appealing sets. i mean if i was an artist i would want my newly designed set to be more popular or at the very least as popular as past sets. this has not been the case since transmog was introduced, the artists got hella lazy with their designs, because "Meh, they can just mog over them if they dont like them..."
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-04-02 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post

Every single time there is a new tier previewed.
    Totally agree it seems mmo-champion has just become the site on the internet where everybody hates everything.

The sets have looked like shit since cataclysm, it's why we have transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Hasn't tier and pvp gear always been a colour variant? I remember when pvp and pve gear looked identical but was just a different colour also. I think the Legion gear (mostly) looks pretty tits 2bh. Models have gone down since they introduced transmog though, as they know people will more than likely mog out of the gear anyway.
    Tier and PvP were the same but recolored in BC (with minor changes, like T4/S1 Hunter chest being more revealing in T4, or one of the Shaman sets were robes in tier and legs in PvP).

In every season since, except for Warlords Season 3, they have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    Totally agree it seems mmo-champion has just become the site on the internet where everybody hates everything.
    You should try visiting the North Korean version of MMO-Champ if you have a problem with negative opinions. "Blizzard has yet again blessed us with glorious armor models, we praise thy name."
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    maybe not exactly 48.. but a bit more effort than we have seen in the last 3 expansions. i wish they took the effort put into shetty garrisons and made better gears sets honestly. give sets that look one way for males, and a much more feminine way for females. add some depth and better design. really, garrisons were a complete waste of effort given how shallow and generic they turned out.
    Ironically, I find T17 Mythic as a whole has some of the best-designed sets in the game. Everything except Druid is spectacular.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    If you're playing at a "higher level" just for unique armor models.. idk
    Some people actually do. The sentence" I really need to get into mythic and Mannoroth for those pants" has been said by one of my raiders, who is pushing for mythic content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Ironically, I find T17 Mythic as a whole has some of the best-designed sets in the game. Everything except Druid is spectacular.
    While priest M T17 has nice shoulders and an interesting headpiece, the color scheme is absolutely fugly. >.<
    HC >>>>>>>>>> Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoludar View Post
    What happen from the beginning of WOD when the mythic armor set actually looked good and now you go into the next tier and everything is just a recolor. WoD started out so great with all the gear that you can earn if you played at a higher level. But now you in legion it just looks like a different color why not make a crazy gear set give the people a reason to play the game at a higher level.
    Every time something new comes, people start crying on the forums. "new armor set is ugly, old ones were cool", "new expansion is shit, previous was best ever", etc.

It's called nostalgia - it tricks your mind into thinking that new things are bad and things in the past were good.
    /Zetsumei

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    if the artists put more effort into gear design, i could accept your feelings towards some tiers. like thats how it should be. i dunno, i just feel like the artists got bummed out when transmog was added in such a way that each tier is designed with a "ho~hum, they can just t-mog it if they dont like it..." kind of attitude.

sure sure, somebody WILL inevitably love the set, but somebody else will hate it, as an artist i would strive to get my set worn more than others, so i would look at what sets are most popular, then try to enhance or play off of those sets, maybe occasionally asking the community for input (as in designing a dark ranger look because its been forever since we've had one).
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Art is the biggest development bottleneck. I don't know how big the Art team for WoW is but I'd assume if it wasn't big or decent size development would take longer.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Comes and goes... I feel they tried to try sets to much into fel themes for mythic tier. Classes can look evil and look good but not everyone looks good with a legion theme.

i think blizz should make armors like vanilla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post

Every single time there is a new tier previewed.
    The worst thing is that the OP is posting on an alt to hide the shame of this stupid thread ;p

Some of them look ok, and it seems that two of the recolors of each set have additional detail like a stronger glow or bigger spikes.

I honestly think the design has been shit for the past few years with no exception, which has been a problem since in the past they at least showed some variation. Legion is the first time where I am seeing a couple of sets/colors that I would actually use.

To each their own. Some people like the sets, some hate them, some don't care, it's all down to personal taste. So saying armor set are going downhill because you don't like them is way to biased and makes me think you just want to find people to agree with that statement.

In any case, in my opinion (based on my taste) I love the look of T19 sets and I wonder if they'll keep making Mythics sets to be like T17/MoP CM sets with special effects on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    if the artists put more effort into gear design, i could accept your feelings towards some tiers. like thats how it should be. i dunno, i just feel like the artists got bummed out when transmog was added in such a way that each tier is designed with a "ho~hum, they can just t-mog it if they dont like it..." kind of attitude.
    Naah I don't think so.

Imho it's some general shift that occurred. Hence most cloth designs now have this ugly primitive / giant stitches look etc. You didn't have that in TBC or classic.

I'm most familiar with priest sets, so here are the ones I like in chronmological order:
    T2, T3, T4 (<3), T5, T6, T10 (white color), T11, T15 (cool for shadow), T17 (red version)
    Meh
    T7, T8, T12, T16 (shoulders fugly on Draenei)
    Dislike
    T9, T13, T14, T19 (completely lacks vision/creativity)
    WTF is this shit?!
    T18 (What a lame ass revamp of T16 lol)

So yeah. Each expansions has it's ups and downs.

Now hunter sets .... erm... they are all ugly as shite. I pity them hunters.