Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just saw it. I have to say, I don't agree with the negative reviews for it. I thought it was a bit too dark and it definitely had that signature Zack Snyder look to it that turns off a lot of people. I think it works some of the time. I thought that Watchmen and 300 were good movies but the rest of his work not so much. The film was a bit joyless and bland at times and the plot was muddled but it looked really good and kept me engaged almost the entire time.

I thought MoS was a mediocre film that was a complete headache near the end but this one seemed a bit better. I would give it a 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There is one point I didn't get in MoS, and it was how Jonathan Kent acted towards Clark and Clark's natural tendencies to help other people. And it was echoed again in this movie by Martha Kent. Maybe they want to reinforce the idea that this Clark Kent is conflicted about his role in Earth's history, or who he is beholden to, but to have the Kents become these cynical types was rather off-putting. I get that she's only trying to protect her son by relieving him of a burden of responsibility, but I feel like every other iteration of the Kents has recognized that Kal'el was really only lent to them for a short while, and that he really belonged to the world. And taking on that mantle of responsibility as literally a god amongst men is pretty much Superman's entire storyline.
    some might say viewing it that is cynical. But in BvS on the other hand, for my part, I didn't get that impression from Martha Kent, so I thought that carried out quite well. In BvS what I got were parents who really cared about their son, there is a burden of expectation, when you become figurehead or icon, especially of hope, people really keep drawing on you endlessly, the need never seems to end and if you didn't put boundaries on yourself you'd spend yourself attending to everyone's needs. Then on top of that, you had people criticising him, judging him wrongly, largely wanting a piece of his pie or self promotion and the usual motives such things yield. remember the conversation was in the context with being summoned by the Senator to appear before the people's court and asner to ridiculous charges.

And she is more concerned with him, her son, not with the plight of other people, the plight of her son, he wont look to his own self interests, she looks to that for him andpoints out "hey, you don't have to do any of this.." you don't have to be the big hero, you don't have to go in and save everyone all the time, you don't have to answer to them, you've done nothing wrong, and you don't have to wear the cape, you can live a normal life. Afteralll she understands Clarke very well, he's just as normal guy that wants to do good, help people he is able too.. not all those other things the various different people are not apparently seeing.

- - - Updated - - -

I predict the movie will get better in many eyes over time, there are many powerful themes I think subtely played out and easily missed in the initial annoyance at things like Doomsday and Lex, and I think that annoyance will turn praise when the future films expand and put those characters in much better context, I predict it will then allow many who were at first quite critical to BvS to really warm to it, and catch how good a film it was in the other detail, especially when the more obvious ones are given better context.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-04-01 at 10:00 AM.

Lex Jr spoke of his dad and it seemed like he's dead.

Also he goes bald at the end of the movie. Pretty sure ''Lex Jr'' is the Lex we're sticking with.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does Laurence Fishburne know Clark Kent is Superman or what?

When Lois asked for a chopper to go to Gotham, he was like hell naw... But then she said it wasn't for a story and he was like oh ok then... The Alien ship down the street is giving off giant bolts of electricity and is surrounded by the military, but I am going to get you a helicopter ride to Gotham for no apparent reason at the exact same time that is happening.

Was it like a mutual understanding between them that she was going to Superman?

Just an interesting thing that came up today: Henry Cavill was playing WoW when he was being called by Snyder to offer him the role of Superman.....he missed the call, because he was raiding:

A lot of celebs seem to play WoW.

I remember rob kazinsky during the warcraft3 panel waving his e-peen around about raiding Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There is one point I didn't get in MoS, and it was how Jonathan Kent acted towards Clark and Clark's natural tendencies to help other people. And it was echoed again in this movie by Martha Kent. Maybe they want to reinforce the idea that this Clark Kent is conflicted about his role in Earth's history, or who he is beholden to, but to have the Kents become these cynical types was rather off-putting.
    I could write a novel about all the problems I have with Man of Steel, but with respect to its portrayal of the Kents, I think it owes primarily to Zach Snyder's idea that dark meditations on the nature of the "superior" individual in a sea of corruption and mediocrity is somehow applicable to every story. It's appropriate for The Watchmen, a film he ably directed and managed to keep faithful to the source material, but it simply doesn't work for Superman. It occasionally works for Batman, but Batman's origins is centered on Bruce Wayne directly experiencing a personal tragedy. Superman's doesn't.

Superman doesn't brood. Superman doesn't need to ponder whether he is a man or a god - he knows the answer to that. Superman doesn't have a natural tendency to help people; he gets that from Jonathan and Martha. Martha makes the Superman suit, for crying out loud. The story of Superman isn't one of an all-powerful alien coming to terms with being a fish-out-of-water, it's the story of a kid who grew up in Middle America Heartland Wholesome Goodness who discovers that he's an all powerful alien, and how that knowledge interacts with his experience of being raised by the Kents. But in order to transform Kal-El into Broody McBroodster, Man of Steel had to completely change the Kents and their place in the story.

One of the biggest problems with batmans portrayal in this movie is that all of his past villians should be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    One of the biggest problems with batmans portrayal in this movie is that all of his past villians should be dead.
    Suicide Squad Climax Spoilers
    Joker dies at the end of Suicide Squad so thats one
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Really hope not. I know he does in the animated version, but still.

Who were the guys that were with Batman in the vision? And the camera stopped a bit to a guy, was he anyone in particular?

now a gym rant
    batman training scenes were cool in a way, but... first of all, doing so many pull ups with 60kgs (3 plates) is just not possible even for top elite athletes. Second of all, was he doing squats when he dropped the barbell or what? The scenes of training made some effect of grinding, but overall they were incomplete and rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    what makes you think that?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Found this comment in an article about the new Superman movie. It explains why many fans are upset and why the movie didn't do the characters any justice. He/she makes some valid points.
    SNyder will ruin the DC comic franchise if he keeps it up, maybe he just wants to write batman -- but if he hates goody goody characters he is never going to be able to write them well, especially ones with near mary Sue powers like superman, he won't be able to write them without changing their character too, which will relaly annoy fans.

DC universe is taking the Batman route, quite dark, on the whole, it is important ti has brighter heroes like Superman about and Shazam and Flash to balance the weight of the darker ones like Batman, Aquaman,Cybog, wonder woman/green lantern (tho these two don't seem so dark to me)

Deleted
    The storyplot was a pretty mess.
    But still liked the action and the adult(darker) toon it had.
    The batman in this movie was the best i have seen sofar on the big screen to date.

I give it a 7/10 decent as a movie over all, good movie to set up the DCU.

I still like this movie more then both avengers movies because there is something about marvel movies that never got me into them maybe its because the more adult feel the DCU has.

I give the movie a 4/10.
    The plot is a mess, the dialouge is a joke, and Ben is the worst Batman I've seen as of yet.

Also, someone should tell Snyder that one of Batmans rules is to never take life.
    I haven't counted them yet, but his killcount in the Movie is well into the double digit numbers.

oh, and of course the typical Snyder dream sequence that doesn't make sense, nor is it doing any good.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Who were the guys that were with Batman in the vision? And the camera stopped a bit to a guy, was he anyone in particular?

now a gym rant
    batman training scenes were cool in a way, but... first of all, doing so many pull ups with 60kgs (3 plates) is just not possible even for top elite athletes. Second of all, was he doing squats when he dropped the barbell or what? The scenes of training made some effect of grinding, but overall they were incomplete and rushed.
    Many pull ups? They showed him doing 3 or something, maybe 5 max. Easily doable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    It's a bad movie. If you're a DC fan-you deserve better.
    Amen! the inconsistence alone with kryptonine in the movie is mind boggling... kryptonite dust is weaking supes but a big rock of it just hurts a little without taking ANY abilities (like flying) from him, ofc....
    the creators of this film are clearly NOT comic book fans like weadon is...

its looking like this movie will only just barely make a profit after the huge dive it took again
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Who thought it would be a good idea to let supes "die". It really did build up a lot of tension for the last scene. Would have never guessed that he is still alive. Wow.
    Really? noone around me belived he would be "dead" for REAL - even people who dont know the comics, because this movie is the build up off the Justice League. And you can replace everybody else but theres ALLWAYS sups and bats in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    But overall, I feel Superman's the #1, Spiderman is #1 for revenue and distribution, I also think he's the 7-15 year old favourite amongst boys. But Superman's the most revered, and I definitely feel more in the world know him.
    I bet Batman is bringin in MORe cash then supes ever have or will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    But maybe I'm so positive about the movie becasue I really liked it and finding it hard to agree with much of the criticism, and seems I have a lot of time on my hand to type this.
    Well I gues you dont care for the source material at all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Doomsday kills Superman and Superman comes back to life after a while, its cannon iirc from before this movie came out.
    Well in the comics this fight happened waaaaaaaaaaaaay after the league was created and contrary to the movie you didnt instantly knew that he would come back (and please noone reminds me of the awfull versions of supes we got from this *shiver*)

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post

now a gym rant
    ...it's a superhero movie. DC heroes are stronger than normal humans.