Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    2 anecdotes are not a statistically significant survey.

A horribly self-selecting poll from a "gold" web site is not a statistically significant survey either.

Players are broke. They have always been broke. They always will be broke. A few players aren't broke, but they're playing the game "wrong." Gold in WoW is meant to be spent, not hoarded.

I hoard it. I'm playing the game wrong. But whatever.
    Then how are we gonna get a more representative result? I tried asking to some of my in-game friends (not all cause several aren't playing atm) but still there are more capped people than poor ones, the 20k ones are really an exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    2 anecdotes are not a statistically significant survey.

A horribly self-selecting poll from a "gold" web site is not a statistically significant survey either.

Players are broke. They have always been broke. They always will be broke. A few players aren't broke, but they're playing the game "wrong." Gold in WoW is meant to be spent, not hoarded.

I hoard it. I'm playing the game wrong. But whatever.
    Are you denying the inflation and that on average people have more gold than before?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Noone's denying the inflation and the fact that gold flows everywhere in WoD. More people have more gold than ever before. But any attempt to quantify rich/poor players, percentages of them and amounts of gold they have is just futile because we dont have any reliable data. I know this will be called rude, but any attempt to put a number or a percentage of rich wow players is worth less than a fart.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm not saying the actual percentages are this and that, just that the average amount that people have voted for in these polls have been increasingly rapidly and that a million gold now is nothing compared to one million gold just an expansion ago. I know people who never do any sort of AH business other than selling leftover stuff every now and then, who does no old raids outside of transmog/mount farming and with only a few level 100s they do garrison stuff on that are in the 500k-1000k range. Most people are still of course piss poor, only that piss poor now means less than 50k which is still enough to have epic flying on every character.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i wasn't referring to you, more like to the posts who were disagreeing about if 1% or 10% of wow's pop is gold capped or not. I think the only "poor" players now are the ones that just play the game and don't research or think about how to make gold. Oh and the compulsive spenders as well, because, it's a game, y' know.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    if im not seeing doubles, the sha mount appeared twice in a row and instant capped (yeah ik its a super rare mount, but showing up twice is odd)

other than that, 40k dreadnaught chest

btw this is terrokar-us, so yeah

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    if im not seeing doubles, the sha mount appeared twice in a row and instant capped (yeah ik its a super rare mount, but showing up twice is odd)

other than that, 40k dreadnaught chest

btw this is terrokar-us, so yeah
    We had Galleon mount show up twice in ~7 weeks on Ravencrest-EU. I was lucky to get the first one :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    People love to project themselves as someone who works 80 hours a week to support their 9 kids and doesn't have more than 20 minutes a week of free time who chose to play an MMO of all things.
    I wouldn't call Harrison 6 "short" quests. 6 annoying and tedious quests? yes. I dare say Pathfinder was more simple, straightforward and easy.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Comparing Pathfinder with Harrison quests? that's so... uneven... and totally false! I mean, Pathfinder had ALL Apexis objectives, which are more than 10. CBA to even count them, they are so many more than the quests. With flight, all Harrison quests take 10 min max each, including flight time to objectives. No more wasting time to fight mobs to each part of the quest chain, Straight flight to items, click, next quest. Only the apexis one may take a little longer, when you search for the 5 scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I wouldn't call Harrison 6 "short" quests. 6 annoying and tedious quests? yes. I dare say Pathfinder was more simple, straightforward and easy.
    I'll disagree. I did the harrison quests on 11 characters, and didn't find it terrible. Doing the pathfinder achievements on just 1 character irritated me, imagine doing them 11 different times? yuck. And I did pathfinder long after the harrison quests... imagine doing the harrison quests WITH flying-piece of cake that.
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2016-04-03 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Are you joking? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rce=source-tcg , I got 16\17 tcg mounts in wod with purely gold, I never spent an euro of real money on this game besides the expansion etc. and sub cost, they costed me 12 millions or so, add to it another couple of millions for sha and nalak and now I have 9 millions left.

I didn't start in vanilla either, I started in the end of wotlk as a casual and mid cata as a "serious" player, I assure you I have interest in buying mounts, but I simply can't because the 4 I need on BMAH are being capped faster than I can bid, despite checking on 5 capped realms (low pops) every time at 23.30.

Only thing you may have a point on: I'm not collecting pets besides the 600 achi or toys besides last achi, so I don't buy tcg pets to keep, just to flip, or 250k toys in BMAH etc., and I certainly am not buying carries, why would I? Gear only lasts a few months.

The only carries that are worth it imo are for the 2 mythic mounts that will be 1% in legion and CM since they're annoying enough as melee that 200k seems like an easy way out to not lose the mount.

Then ofc, other players may make more gold than me, others may make less (I flip pets across 30 realms and farm 25 hcs cata on at least 13 chars a week) but surely you can't say there are a lot of gold sinks, gold sinks are really lackluster for the amount of gold that is being generated.
    I LOLed.

The mistake here is you taking your own fringe case and extrapolating that to meaning a significant chunk of the population goes to the same (easy!) lengths that you do to farm gold and therefore there must be more than 10% of the population in the same boat as you, swimming in gold.

Even without actual stats I can almost be completely confident in assuring you that the percentage of the population that would flip pets across 30 realms and farm Cataclysm 25H content on 13 characters a week is probably less than 0.5%, maybe not even 0.1%.

Really it's the same bull that got posted in the very first gametime token threads.
    Last edited by Cows For Life; 2016-04-03 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    I LOLed.

The mistake here is you taking your own fringe case and extrapolating that to meaning a significant chunk of the population goes to the same (easy!) lengths that you do to farm gold and therefore there must be more than 10% of the population in the same boat as you, swimming in gold.

Even without actual stats I can almost be completely confident in assuring you that the percentage of the population that would flip pets across 30 realms and farm Cataclysm 25H content on 13 characters a week is probably less than 0.5%, maybe not even 0.1%.
    With his schedule he's making another million every few weeks, so obviously yes that's not normal for everyone. But the amount of people who only have a million liquid gold in total is roughly the same as the amount of people who had like 100k-200k in the end of MoP.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been paying my sub with tokens since they released and I'm still nearing the gold cap. I haven't really spend that much time on garrisons. Got perhaps 8-9 good ones with ~25 treasure hunters and 3-4 still in the making. Leveling more alts right now though I want to spend this content draught doing something that'll gain me in the long run. Might switch over to just paying for a sub since I don't think the prices are worth it anymore. Should've bought more when they were still 20k, captain hindsight to the rescue FeelsBadMan.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen Mims Head go for gold cap, seen Dreadnaught pieces for gold cap etc.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I have seen Mims Head go for gold cap, seen Dreadnaught pieces for gold cap etc.
    Mim's noggin is a reasonable item for a gold cap. Not really a fun farming exercise, and it's an absolutely unique mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    I LOLed.

Really it's the same bull that got posted in the very first gametime token threads.
    As bodom said, I never said 10% does like me, sure, there are people with 50-100 mil gold, tcg flippers mostly, or people like me who also do garrisons with th on all chars, but the 10% I said was the link of that poll, gonna link it again, just so you see.

And I agree that the current 1 mil is 200k back in mop. Here is the poll, so you see I'm not saying everyone does what I do, just that a lot more than other expansions are capped atm.

http://strawpoll.me/6557499/r

15+ Year Old Account
    Think someone made a slight mistake tonight when bidding, for those who dont know thats only the Houlon mount
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Ahh, so it was meant to be 60k, that makes more sense; pvp item for opposite faction was also expectable seeing the low chance to get something decent.

@Qwerty006 yes, quel'thalas-azjol eu, although vitreous was also up on another realm I play on today (kilrogg), went for 367k on qt and 220k or so on kilrogg (which is higher population!).

I don't understand this however: you have several low drop mounts, but they're 1% or more, if someone said 0,1% he clearly meant galleon, sha, nalak, oondasta (but oondasta is probably 0,3%-0,4%), rukhmar, timewalking or love rocket (but the last 3 aren't in BMAH atm and not even oondasta).

And they're worth cap indeed even just based on drop rate.

1% eh maybe you should go farm them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Think someone made a slight mistake tonight when bidding, for those who dont know thats only the Houlon mount
    I know a lot of people who would drop gold cap on multiple toons to get that stupid mount. Try going to Timeless Isle on a semi-populated server. It's always filled with people bitching about the low drop rate for Houlon. Luckily for me, it's one of the few mounts I have ever gotten when it was current. Don't even use it though, as I don't care much for the crackling lightning.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Ye this mount is a pain. I got mine in MOP during farming bloody coins. Was phased to a low pop PvP realm, with hardly ever more than 10-15 players on the isle present. Huolon could make few full circles before being pulled.

Currently going for any rare mob is a nightmare, because there are only about 6 instances of Pandaria active.

This is propably a misplaced bid though. It was an instantenous cap, like 2 seconds after respawn. Bot-like fast. While there are players that would gold cap this, I don't think they'd instant-cap it like that.