Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I played since the second month of release, bought every expansion and mained a warior 90% of the time. But honestly i had a few brakes from the game, wether it being rl stuff stealing my time or boredom in the game. And after thinking of it i realise how little time i played wod: 4 Months overall... Wich would be the maximum break time in the other expansions. God i hope its over soon, can´t wait for Legion!

10+ Year Old Account
    i only took a 2month break during MoP because of health reasons which made me lose my chance at getting a statue >.<
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    so is anything actually going to come out of these questions, or was this guy just throwing the bait with "are you guys happy with spending this much money when it will end up being for nothing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    I started in vanilla. Not at launch though. I started during patch 1.0.7. Only managed to hit 55 before BC launched, and thus didn't raid in vanilla.

started about 2-3 weeks after US launch - like the 2nd or 3rd week of December. raided every expac except for wotlk (raided until a week after ulduar and then did some pugging at the end of the expac) and mostly skipped BRF/HFC due to not having the time to gear a new character once it became clear that shadow was not going to be as useful/strong as it was in beta. had the whole 'alt stronger than my main' thing in mop with my warlock alt and didn't feel like dealing with it for another expac - especially once I saw the t18 set bonuses/trinkets which were extremely mechanically boring.

I started in '06, but man, if I could do it all over again I would have liked to start in '04. I was so young though, and didn't have a quality computer.

I knew after playing WC3 that wow would be a massive success, but I just couldn't play it at launch. I was 18 with a weak comp, and I was also broke and lazy

Yes i started playing late vanilla non stop till mid-cata & that was my first break,then this is my 2nd& planing to come back before legion.

Deleted
    Started in vanilla. Had lots of unsub periods though. Not hating. I have liked wow most of the way, but i do not like the direction WoD took.

Cant wait to play in Legion

If i could redo anything i'd unsub after killing Garrosh HC. Resub at HFC launch. Kill archi hc and unsub.

I'd reroll another class in Wrath

Thats about it.

Being there for the opening of AQ was prolly the biggest moment in my wow career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiple people in my guild got statues when they sent them, so they certainly still exist.

I didn't play at launch (I think I started right around the Zul Gurub patch in classic), but my subscription has been uninterrupted since I began. Even during "content droughts" there was still enough other stuff I enjoyed doing to justify the subscription.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    well it is the end of the eexpansion, what do you expect?
    Only problem is it's been this boring since the second or third month of release.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR20QH5UHoM for some laugh for you guys best 24 sec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    What are you guys blabbering about? The question was if you have played continuously since the launch and 99% reply by saying that they have BUT took breaks.. What.
    "No" is a valid answer to the question of having played since launch with no breaks :P

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR20QH5UHoM for some laugh for you guys best 24 sec
    that was glorious. LMAO

Started 2.2 so no help here.

Awesome
    Last edited by Zoldam; 2016-04-03 at 05:54 AM.

Infractions: 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I started November 5, 2005. I only went causal during Dargon Soul because it sucked shit and for a few months the end of MOP because I couldn't stomach doing Seige of Org 52 weeks in a row. Otherwise I've been subbed, bought every expansion, been a FnF Alpha tester for Cataclysm, currently in Alpha testing for Legion (which I swear is a beta in disguise) and played in every WoW beta. I don't find other games give me a level of satisfaction or completion like WoW does so I stick with it.

Considering all the money you spent and all the time invested for ultimately ''nothing'' (meaning you will one day stop playing)

If you could go back in time to that day you bought WoW and started playing, would you do it again or choose to never play ?
    If your account was banned all of a sudden. Your 12-years old account. Would you stop or get back in ?
    I don't consider anything I invested time, energy, money and effort into a waste even if and when it ends. I did Irish Dancing competitively for 8 years. I finished as a Preliminary Champion level and eventually it ended. I have my fond memories, friends, trophies, photographs and I still dance anywhere I can find a flat surface for fun.

This game... I made friends in this game that I carried through IRL. I went to a guildie's wedding in Maine after a 10 hour drive. He (and his wife) came to ours. I have a great friend down in Arkansas I met in game. We talk once in a while when our schedules line up. I have great friends I talk to often in Colorado, California, Arizona, Florida, Rhode Island, New Jersey, New York, Arkansas, Australia and Canada because of this game and I wouldn't have met them any other way. I had fun, made memories, had great laughs, still tell stories about people from 10 years ago. I have my screenshots from day 1 and all the memories that go with it. They're my photographs. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Considering how easy it is to level, I'd probably come back if I got the boot. What would be hard is losing what I've achieved rep wise and financially but I can always re earn that back. I still find it fun even if I have to make my own fun because this content is horrible. I simply can't find the same satisfaction in any other game right now.
    Last edited by Xenyatta; 2016-04-03 at 06:05 AM.

I've played since the original Open Beta.

Been playing since early classic, but in Wod I have only played like 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Musclestalk View Post
    Are there people still playing that have played from Vanilla launch and always kept an active subscription/bought all expansions ?

If so, please manifest yourself, I think that's fascinating and have a few questions
    I have had 2 breaks of 1-2 months (Once in Cata, once in MoP), but otherwise, have played since a few months after vanilla launch. So I guess I don't entirely qualify, but it's close.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    It's good to know that you have questions, questions are a very good thing to have.

I lapsed for 45 days during Cataclysm. No statue for me!
    Damn man that feels crushing
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol View Post
    Been playing since May 2004, never canceled sub and bought every expansion.
    and this thread made you post for the first time in 2 years?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musclestalk View Post
    Are there people still playing that have played from Vanilla launch and always kept an active subscription/bought all expansions ?

If so, please manifest yourself, I think that's fascinating and have a few questions
    *Manifests In a blaze of fire* YOU SUMMONED ME EXECUTUS... TOO SOON...

Hi I'm a vanila player, how can I help you today?

My sub's been active allll this time, I'm one of those crazy people... well that Is until Blizzard decided to show their loyalty by closing down my account on April 2015 when I got hacked on It and doesn't bother to return It to me after countless and countless requests and appeals to give It back to me..

Other than that, I played wow all the time!
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?