3/29/16 Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice 6.5/10

The movie wasn't terrible, but it dragged on and on. Terrible casting of the Luthor character in my opinion. Jesse Eisenberg was way to over the top with the twitching while trying to force this psychotic persona. Overall story was hurt to by the cramming in of 2 to 3 Superman comic book arcs making them feel more like filler than anything else. Heck the 'tear jerker' end sequence that's supposed to get you hyped up, sad, and mad was just pathetic. They telegraphed the beginning and end of it from a mile away completely gutting any suspense or questioning for future films. Thankfully I didn't go into this movie with really high hopes since they spoiled the whole thing in February with that Doomsday reveal trailer that laid out the whole film sequentially. Affleck's Batman wasn't to bad while Cavill's Superman still seemed very distant. Gadot was the shining point for me as the few minutes of screen time her Wonder Woman got hyped me up for her stand alone film nicely. If you feel the need to re-watch BvS then I recommend paying close attention to Wonder Woman during her fight sequences. She did a good job portraying the rush of joy a warrior who has been 'gone to long' might exhibit.

edit: I forgot the freaking music... The constant starting and stopping of small samples of stuff drove me nuts. The sound overall was not that great now that I think back on it. Especially compared to other films. Heck Deadpool got sound right melding the music with the ambient noise and '4th wall breaks'.
    Last edited by Spraxle; 2016-03-30 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Suicide Squad is supposed to counter Marvel's Avengers. IMO.
    No it is not. If anything, it's more in line with Guardians of the Galaxy. Justice League is the DC version of Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I don't know if you are being serious or not. Deadpool in the Wolvering origins movie was nothing like the actual Deadpool, and was universally despised by everyone who had ever read a comic with Deadpool in it. The reason the Deadpool movie was so successful is because it was more like the comic, where the Wolverine origins movie was absolutely nothing like the comics. It wasn't even a good movie.
    The bolded part is the only thing that matters when it comes to Wolverine: Origins. Deadpool was not successful because "it was more like the comic", it was successful because it was a good movie.

Deleted
    Deadpool 10/10

genius film

10+ Year Old Account
    He Never Died - 9/10

This is honestly one of the best movies i had never heard of since Boondock Saints back in 1999. It starts out a bit slow and I found my self questioning what in the fuck I was sitting through, but by the end of the movie i was wishing it kept going. Read the wiki page on it and they mention it being turned into a TV series, which I think will be a great show as well.

Deleted
    Deadpool - 8/10

Happy to see Ryan Reynolds and a R-rated action movie (more of a comedy really) getting some box office success.

Deleted
    Just finished watching allegiant the final part of the divergent trilogy
    4/10
    I really enjoyed the books compared to the films and I have that the films have gotten worse with each sequel

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadpool : 9.5/10

Ryan R was basically perfect for this role and while 1-2 jokes made me cringe, the rest of the movie was almost flawless. A hilarious, violent and vulgar journey that I can`t wait to see again. Negasonic and Colossus were fantastic supporting characters and Bacarin is great in her role too.

Also fun to see a R-rated movie get such a level of box office success.

Deleted
    BvS Dawn of Justice - 4/10

Just from movie theater. What an incoherent and bloated mess.

Pros -
    Ben Affleck was impressive. That boiling just below the surface rage, that convincing playboy look, that disillusionment with fighting crime. Really liked that.

Some beautiful and striking visuals.

Some of the soundtrack was quite good.

Cons -
    Messy and over stuffed plot.

Editing. Whole movie until final showdown feels like random scenes, written and directed by random individuals and then just stitched together.

Doomsday just an animated piece of turd.

Luthor whatever his name, was painfully bad. I appreciate that they tried to do something unusual, but they failed. It was extremely cringeworthy to listen to the crap he says.

Movie just failed with all that super seriousness and "maturity". It's like it was made by 14 year old, who thinks he knows whats adult and mature. I'd rather have endless quipping in Marvel movies than dullness of BvS.

----

Overall a massive disappointment.

Zootopia: racist/10. yea know, for a movie that hangs it's hat on an inclusive message I have to say I was disturbed, by the lack of Reptile representation in this move. oh it's such a big deal you hired a rabbit as a cop, well what about an Iguana!? I see an entire DMV run by sloths, but not a single fucking tortoise in sight? it's an affront to all cold blooded individuals the world over. thus making it's "try anything" motto, meaningless!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Zootopia: racist/10. yea know, for a movie that hangs it's hat on an inclusive message I have to say I was disturbed, by the lack of Reptile representation in this move. oh it's such a big deal you hired a rabbit as a cop, well what about an Iguana!? I see an entire DMV run by sloths, but not a single fucking tortoise in sight? it's an affront to all cold blooded individuals the world over. thus making it's "try anything" motto, meaningless!
    I am guessing you are being sarcastic about the whole thing, but they actually did give a reason why they chose only mammals for this movie (it was on facebook live stream). Boils down to it being easier to represent the whole predator/prey dynamic with mammals compared to any other animal type. I also think it is rather easier to distinguish male/female with mammals as you don't run into the whole "They put boobs on a crocodile!" thing.

Everybody Wants Some 9/10

Linklater nails another overlong, leisurely, charming and fabulously authentic film about kids in Texas. No matter how many times he makes this same film, I am totally enthralled (and charmed) by it so easily it's seductive.

The actors are so perfectly cast and costumed it kinda weirded me out. This film take place right in my era- the 80s. Just like his iconic Dazed and Confused, Linklater so nails it. They even get like the speckled hair ties I wore in my hair, feathered bangs and Lotto shoes. So accurate, so real- yet not at all a focus, cloying or wink wink. Real authenticity in place and person exudes from the film.

This is nearly a perfect film.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Everyone knows that advanced reptiles are shapeshifting overlords in both our world and zootopia, you just don't notice them the way real people do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elysium 2/10

Matt Damon couldn't save this movie. Horribly paced. Awful story. felt like a giant ad for obama care. Neil Blompkampf screwed this one up massively.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Boruto: Naruto the Movie: 5 ~ 10 There were ninjas, some things happened that may or may not have made sense, and Boruto is a cunt.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium - 6/10

Was "okay". Not a whole variety in the spectacle, and the inevitable happy ending was never in doubt. Got teary eyed during the middle, but that was it.

The Hateful Eight

8/10

I really liked the dialogue and setting. Every was really entertaining and engaging, it did not feel 3 hours long.

The only things I disliked were the setting up of the explanation behind how it happened as well as the over the top violence.

10 Cloverfield Lane

8.5/10

+John Goodman as a villain.
    +Solid story, far less jarring than the last one.
    +Mary Elizabeth Winstead performance was top notch.
    +Truly gives you a Claustrophobic/Paranoid feeling. Further enhanced by John Goodman.

-The Aliens felt a bit wonky, as they're not anyway similar to the last movie's version. < this is rather small minus due to the lack of them through most of the movie.
    -Like John Goodman's character, I didn't like Emmett (John Gallagher Jr.) much. This could have been a much darker and tighter story without him.
    Last edited by Bigvizz; 2016-04-03 at 10:33 AM.

@Bigvizz The first con could easily be considered a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Suicide Squad is supposed to counter Marvel's Avengers. IMO.
    I'm cautiously waiting for Suicide Squad, but reports are the cast are back for extra filming to inject some 'fun' into the movie. Not sure I that should be ringing alarm bells.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    @Bigvizz The first con could easily be considered a spoiler.
    Fixed sorry bout that.