Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    This list is hilariously flawed. Garrosh the conqueror of Azeroth? Prince Brann Bronzebeard? Kael'thas and Illidan are now warriors?
    Have you forgotten the WoD pre-patch quest line? The Iron Horde Warriors got through the Dark Portal and pretty much conquered the whole Blasted Lands + Blackrock Mountains. Only a retcon saved the players from his might..

And yeah, Brann is one of the Bronzebeards, they're all dwarven royalty. God, some people here don't know any lore.

As I said, Illidan USED to be a warrior and still gets most of his powers from that.

edit: Sorry about Kael'thalas though. I meant Quel'Thalas, not Kael'thalas.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b269a28; 2016-04-03 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not saying a fight between a classical Knight and a Monk would be an automatic win for the Monk, just that it's also not an automatic win for the Knight. European cavalry and infantry developed their armors in an escalating arms race based on armor and metallurgy advancements - developing lighter and more efficient armors to combat other armored opponents. The use of full plate armor started to decline even before the advent of firearms, as they were also vulnerable against longbows which could pierce most armors save the thickest and most cumbersome of the age.
    Just ask the French knights at Agincourt. Which makes the idea of warriors being strongest while hunters are weakest look kind of silly, doesn't it? I mean, that's what the French thought, but the discounted peasant archers slaughtered them. Being a heavily armored knight was kind of an old boys club and was most useful for fighting other heavily armored knights.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    You guys must be sad that you're playing a weak class but don't worry. Blizzard balances the classes for gameplay's sake so you can at least imagine that your mages and warlocks can stand against my warrior.

Strongest lore characters in the game:

1. Warchief Grommash Hellscream, Leader of the Iron Horde and conqueror of Azeroth (Warrior)
    2. Warchief Garrosh Hellscream (Warrior)
    3. High King Varian Wrynn (Warrior)
    4. King Llane Wrynn (Warrior)
    5. Prince Brann Bronzebeard (Warrior)
    6. Kael'thalas (Warrior)
    7. Illidan Stormrage (he was a Warrior before he got corrupted. But still most of his powers come from being a warrior.)
    8. Rexxar (Hunter)

So yeah, the top 7 are warriors and even then there's Rexxard who is a hunter. Almost like a warrior but just with pets.
    So many things wrong with this list. First of all leading an army doesnt make you the best fighter or strongest person on the planet. It makes you the most influential and thats about it.

King Llane are you serious? Dude took a dagger like a chump. Garrona > Llane so wheres the rogue on this list.

Pretty sure Kael'thalas and Illidan are both mages.

Warlocks and Demon hunters and death knights are prolly the strongest lore wise. Warlocks can do what mages can do but with the added power of fel magic and demonic engergies which is the same for demon hunters.

Death Knights control over the dead is pretty powerful too. Re animating the strongest warriors in history even dragons. Pretty powerful.

Deleted
    Have you forgotten the WoD pre-patch quest line? The Iron Horde Warriors got through the Dark Portal and pretty much conquered the whole Blasted Lands + Blackrock Mountains. Only a retcon saved the players from his might..

And yeah, Brann is one of the Bronzebeards, they're all dwarven royalty. God, some people here don't know any lore.

As I said, Illidan USED to be a warrior and still gets most of his powers from that.

Got to be trolling.
    1.) The Iron Horde couldn't even stay in Blasted Lands long until they were overwhelmed and pushed back through the portal. Even with years to plan their invasion they failed miserably and got completely crushed by the player forces not only in the Blasted lands but throughout the entire expansion of WoD (I say expansion but they got defeated in the first content patch).
    2.) Illidan used to be a mage. That's not to say he wasn't probably good physical fighter though.
    3.) Kael'thas was one of the most famous powerful mages (although he was good with a sword). Quel'Thalas is the kingdom where the Elves live in Eastern Kingdoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    NOT biased but in lore the Druid is one of the strongest classes, although not represented much in game but the things a Druid can really do is incredible. as someone stated before, ask Malfurion.

1 word......... Malfurion

go back to level 10 do darkshore quest pls.... and don't forget how he alone trapped archimonde in endless vines, that archimonde had no choice but to leave the battlefield and he was just an amateur that time.
    Last edited by xso111; 2016-04-03 at 11:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

.... Sigh.

Okay then kiddo; I'll bite!

Conquering a fort and a beach whilst sneaking off and conquering a single cave in a mountain does not equal conquering an entire planet.
    Brann is not a warrior, he's an explorer, we've never seen him fight aside from Halls of Stone, he's a professor; not a fighter.
    Illidan was never ever ever a warrior, he was a mage-turned-druid-turned-demon-hunter.
    Oh and last but not least; Quel'thalas is a freaking country, not a person.... You meant Kael'thas, who was a mage not a warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Just ask the French knights at Agincourt. Which makes the idea of warriors being strongest while hunters are weakest look kind of silly, doesn't it? I mean, that's what the French thought, but the discounted peasant archers slaughtered them. Being a heavily armored knight was kind of an old boys club and was most useful for fighting other heavily armored knights.
    The Battle of Agincourt wasn't that one-sided, there were many elements involved, such as the terrain, the arrogance of the French knights and the efficiency of the British longbow, which was not used by peasant archers, but by extremely well-trained yewmen.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Got to be trolling.
    1.) The Iron Horde couldn't even stay in Blasted Lands long until they were overwhelmed and pushed back through the portal. Even with years to plan their invasion they failed miserably and got completely crushed by the player forces not only in the Blasted lands but throughout the entire expansion of WoD (I say expansion but they got defeated in the first content patch).
    2.) Illidan used to be a mage. That's not to say he wasn't probably good physical fighter though.
    3.) Kael'thas was one of the most famous powerful mages (although he was good with a sword). Quel'Thalas is the kingdom where the Elves live in Eastern Kingdoms.
    1) As I said, it was a retcon by Blizzard. Grommash would've won if they stayed true to the lore. He's the strongest being on Azeroth. Period.
    2) Yeah, he knew some spells but as you said, the close combat was really his thing. = Mainly a Warrior. How do you explain him becoming a demon hunter if he wasn't a warrior?
    3) I'll double check that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Sigh.

Okay then kiddo; I'll bite!

Conquering a fort and a beach whilst sneaking off and conquering a single cave in a mountain does not equal conquering an entire planet.
    Brann is not a warrior, he's an explorer, we've never seen him fight aside from Halls of Stone, he's a professor; not a fighter.
    Illidan was never ever ever a warrior, he was a mage-turned-druid-turned-demon-hunter.
    Oh and last but not least; Quel'thalas is a freaking country, not a person.... You meant Kael'thas, who was a mage not a warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

The Battle of Agincourt wasn't that one-sided, there were many elements involved, such as the terrain, the arrogance of the French knights and the efficiency of the British longbow, which was not used by peasant archers, but by extremely well-trained yewmen.
    Yes there were other factors. My describing them as "peasant archers" was intended to reflect the attitude of the arrogant French knights. Most of those peasants (they weren't lords, after all) were well-trained with their bows, having grown up learning their use from their fathers.

- - - Updated - - -

2) Yeah, he knew some spells but as you said, the close combat was really his thing. = Mainly a Warrior. How do you explain him becoming a demon hunter if he wasn't a warrior?
    Like a lot of legendary figures (e.g., Thrall), Illidan displays abilities that cross class lines. Nevertheless, he was very much a mage. Read the books if you want the lore.

"Once an unusually gifted sorcerer, the extent of his powers became difficult to classify due to his powers increasing in large bursts as a demon hunter and having absorbed the powers of the Skull of Gul'dan." ~ http://wow.gamepedia.com/Illidan_Stormrage

7+ Year Old Account

are you serious?
    bran was never a warrior, he is an explorer, a professor.
    illidan used to be a mage, not a warrior before he turned into a demon hunter.
    quel'thalas is the high elven ( now blood elven) kingdom, not a person, and kael'thas was never a warrior he was a mage.
    the iron horde got pushed back before they could actually do anything, taking in a beach, a fort and a fcking cave =/= conquering the entire planet.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Human Knights are stronger than Orc Warriors. The Orcs saw them as true Fiends.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    are you serious?
    bran was never a warrior, he is an explorer, a professor.
    illidan used to be a mage, not a warrior before he turned into a demon hunter.
    quel'thalas is the high elven ( now blood elven) kingdom, not a person, and kael'thas was never a warrior he was a mage.
    the iron horde got pushed back before they could actually do anything, taking in a beach, a fort and a fcking cave =/= conquering the entire planet.
    lol ~ yep. The Iron Horde succeeded in capturing a lightly garrisoned (almost forgotten) outpost, but were quickly pushed back once we started paying attention. Nothing at all like the first invasion.

why is the invasion of the iron horde being factored in for the warrior's side? are you guys forgetting their machinations, their cannons? they got a fucking bigass cannon as big as the dark portal(the worldbreaker).... and some gronns and gronnlings as well.....

Deleted
    1) As I said, it was a retcon by Blizzard. Grommash would've won if they stayed true to the lore. He's the strongest being on Azeroth. Period.
    3) I'll double check that one.
    This is just going to turn into one of those arguments when posters get too attached to a character and claim Blizzard got it wrong (like the stupid arguments that say Illidan could beat Arthas even though Arthas beat Illidan in a fair 1v1 in the story.)

Grommash is a good fighter, there no denying it but would this of happened if he was "The strongest being on Azeroth"?

On topic and to answer to the overall question in the thread title: I'm going to be boring and say the character classes can potentially all be equal in power. Certain classes will have unique advantages/disadvantages to each other. It's like arguing which is the strongest out of paper, rock, scissors.

Warlocks and Death Knights might appear more destructive because the characters behind those classes with evil intent but that's not to say something like a druid (Malfurion) couldn't fuck shit up if he chose to. The fact that druid's are more passive and respectful of their power leads them to not need to fight as much.

By learning all that stuff? He still started out as a mage and then learned melee combat, not the other way around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    By learning all that stuff? He still started out as a mage and then learned melee combat, not the other way around.
    Give it up. He will not understand that being a good Warrior is all about studying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Pretty much. Regardless even if you took away the demon hunter/ magical abilities he has, he still isn't a typical Warcraft warrior. I say Warcraft warrior because outside of Warcraft a warrior mostly means any fighter that bears arms to fight (which could technically describe every class). Warcraft warriors are defined as physically strong, heavy armored, heavy hitting melee fighters which doesn't really describe Illidan's fighting style anyway (fast, graceful, acrobatic, stealthy, no Armour whatsoever).

I haven't read the whole thread but in the lore wouldn't they be not restricted by class specializations? A warlock could use a gun, A mage could dual wield daggers and use rogue training etc. A druid could be a weapon expert and wear plate armor.
    Also everyone would die to a bullet/arrow to the head?

Deleted
    Doesn't matter if Illidan was a mage before he became a warrior. He chose to learn close combat (=WARRIOR) since he thought it was more powerful than his spells.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Grommash is a good fighter, there no denying it but would this of happened if he was "The strongest being on Azeroth"?
    That proves nothing since it was an unfair sucker punch from Gul'dan. And Grommash could've broken free if he wanted but instead he wanted to test the players. Wanted to see if they were worthy of having Draenor for themselves.

Deleted
    That proves nothing since it was an unfair sucker punch from Gul'dan. And Grommash could've broken free if he wanted but instead he wanted to test the players. Wanted to see if they were worthy of having Draenor for themselves.
    Lol unfair? The guy even throws him his own fucking axe (which TBH with Gul'dan's reputation is probably the nicest, most honorable thing he's ever done) to gesture we are going to fight now. What would have been fairer? Let Grom hit him a couple times first? He even offered him a hot beverage.