Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Which I do about every 2-3 months. Blood pressure is really low, Cholesterol and Blood sugar levels are perfectly fine. Body fat is low.
    That said, while I do eat lots of sugar, I basically do not eat any kind of high fat food (except for the occasional chocolate).
    I do it the other way around, I eat lots of fat and protein, and no sugar

Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    Your body can't handle eating the exact same food you always do but less? This thread is full of nothing but excuses. Lazy people make up excuses, fat people are lazy.
    Ugh god, if you arent going to help people, dont bother, you seem to be in the 'fat shaming' area, not the helping one. Newsflash for ya, eating to little can also cause gain weight or at the very least, hold it, since your body is preserving fat since it doesnt get enough fuel.

And yes, I can't eat the same food because my body will attack it, on a cellular level in my guts there are wholes, food goes into those wholes, my body makes white bloodcells to attack it. This is all tested and is a fact, but I think you are to much of a dumb redneck to understand it, to ignorant and you know nothing about this to actually comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Ugh god, if you arent going to help people, dont bother, you seem to be in the 'fat shaming' area, not the helping one. Newsflash for ya, eating to little can also cause gain weight or at the very least, hold it, since your body is preserving fat since it doesnt get enough fuel.

And yes, I can't eat the same food because my body will attack it, on a cellular level in my guts there are wholes, food goes into those wholes, my body makes white bloodcells to attack it. This is all tested and is a fact, but I think you are to much of a dumb redneck to understand it, to ignorant and you know nothing about this to actually comment on it.
    Ever tired exercise? You know, run a few miles every week, a few hours at the gym every other day? It works wonders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Again, drinking water most of your life would suck
    German here, I was raised drinking tap water. I can't stand all that obnoxiously sweet crap people shovel in these days. If I am thirsty, nothing helps as much as clear, water at room temperature (or slightly cooled).

Yes we have a global obesity problem. But that is mainly caused by way too much sugar and other shit we can into our modern convenience food.

1.8m / 73 Kg, before people start asking. Not exactly meager but not obese either.

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    Fat shaming is good. We need to stop this notion that being fat is ok.
    How is it good? It just makes people more sad which then makes them eat more.

7+ Year Old Account

Worst part is that some people actually have that mindset.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yes, I can't eat the same food because my body will attack it, on a cellular level in my guts there are wholes, food goes into those wholes, my body makes white bloodcells to attack it.
    Does your illness have a name?
    I'd like to read about it.

While I realize that there are obese people due to medical conditions, that's still the exception, rather than the norm.
    Most fat people just stuff too much into their bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ever tired exercise? You know, run a few miles every week, a few hours at the gym every other day? It works wonders.
    If you bothered reading the previous post of mine you would know, that is impossible, unless I want to completely destroy what is left of my body. If I want to walk past my 40's, I cannot do the things required that isn't fixable with a diet. Most of you people come here and fat shame, lazy this lazy that, do this do that, without any knowledge of what the cause is or what he can or cannot do, so black and white it is disgusting, the ignorance is gigantic when it comes to this topic.

Deleted
    If you bothered reading the previous post of mine you would know, that is impossible, unless I want to completely destroy what is left of my body. If I want to walk past my 40's, I cannot do the things required that isn't fixable with a diet. Most of you people come here and fat shame, lazy this lazy that, do this do that, without any knowledge of what the cause is or what he can or cannot do, so black and white it is disgusting, the ignorance is gigantic when it comes to this topic.
    Why don't you say what illness you got then? There's always an option

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Tax on sugary and high fat foods. Done.
    Already on course to happen here in the UK, soon. I think better education at school level is the key, and of course pressure on parents to enforce that to a degree.

Diet is the most important part of losing weight though, you can do minimal exercise (20mins worth, 3x a week is a massive difference compared to nothing, whatever you need to do that works with your body) and couple that with a balanced diet (where you count all of your calories, you track your protien, carb, fat intake) and you will lose weight.. Even if you're taking drugs that cause weight gain, or have other health issues.

Most people have no sympathy for people overweight because a large part of it is overeating or eating bad food (high in calories, sugar fucking with your insulin levels), and people don't believe you because it's so common for people to be in denial. I've heard it from overweight people a lot "I don't even eat that much and I still gain weight".. Amazing, you don't eat anything and yet you're gaining weight, Then when the subject changes you find that they "havent stopped using that deep fat frier since we got it"..

This situation crops up so much with overweight people that it's no surprise that people have no faith in "gain weight from not eating much" or excuses about drugs or health issues that cause weight gain. Too many people just aren't honest with themselves about having overeating problems, or how much sugar/calories they intake. Not saying that is you, saying it is a lot of people.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-04-03 at 01:19 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I just don't see how this is a problem. Unless you're talking about people being so fat they're unable to leave their chairs, then I don't see the problem. If people choose to eat the food they love and not spend any of their time exercising, let them.

I'm overweight and thats personally just how I see it. Sure it would be nice to have a great looking body, but whats the point? I can't both pursue my hobbies and maintain a great body, which is to say, I can't play games in my free time and maintain a sculpted body in that free time.

I honestly think its a matter of choice. Sure there are people that snowball into fatness and seemingly 'can't' get out of it, but I honestly just think they're weak willed. For the most part the fat people I meet don't even fret about it, myself included. Its sad that 'global obesity' is an apparent problem, when most Governments still pretend real problems like climate change are a myth.

And yes, i'm fully aware that I lower my life expectancy by eating the way I want to. People take risks with their lives in other ways, yet aren't condescended as much as fat people. How many of you would go talk to a sky diver about lowering his life expectancy or chance of death? None of you, because its condescending beyond imagination - the sky diver made that choice, he values his enjoyment in life over mere longevity.

If I'm going to live, i'm going to live the way I want to, not spend a lot of my time and reduce my own happiness chasing of all things longevity.

edit: Don't take this as a fat pride post. That shit is just cringe. I'm not saying be proud of yourself being fat, i'm saying that if it doesn't effect your life as is now, then theres not much reason to change. Both fat pride and fat shaming are two sides of the same body obsessed coin.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-04-03 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Why don't you say what illness you got then? There's always an option

Probably for two reasons:

-S/he doesn't want to air their personal health issues on an internet forum

-Its no one elses business.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about the global asshole problem than obesity. Not surprised people here fixate on fat people, cause 99% of the people here are assholes and heaven forbid they get called on their shit or get shamed for their flaws or shortcomings.

*Eagerly awaiting the goobers defending their assholish nature as being earned/deserved and nothing wrong with it, or that I have thin skin or whatever sad excuse they can pull out of their rectum*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post

Honestly, I'm more concerned about the global asshole problem than obesity. Not surprised people here fixate on fat people, cause 99% of the people here are assholes and heaven forbid they get called on their shit or get shamed for their flaws or shortcomings.

*Eagerly awaiting the goobers defending their assholish nature as being earned/deserved and nothing wrong with it, or that I have thin skin or whatever sad excuse they can pull out of their rectum*

"Its no one else business" is a valid argument if the person actually didn't bring it up lol

Why does being concerned about obesity make you an asshole? Is it assholeish to care about people's health? Does that mean you're also an asshole if you discuss how to stop drug use?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    That is nonsensical, she/he already described her/his illness in detail, so giving the proper medical name would be no new information but would give interested people like me something to read.

Because frankly, I've never heard about a condition like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That is nonsensical, she/he already described her/his illness in detail, so giving the proper medical name would be no new information but would give interested people like me something to read.

Because frankly, I've never heard about a condition like that.
    There is such a condition:

Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE) is a rare white blood cell disease. It is characterized by elevated eosinophils in the esophagus. It is an auto-immune disease that causes the body to think food is a parasite and attacks itself. It causes the body to be allergic to many or all foods. This disease affects both children and adults. There is no cure.

Symptoms include vomiting, severe stomach pain, diarrhea, reflux that doesn’t respond to medicine, food impaction, difficulty swallowing, joint pain, throat clearing, chest pain, difficulty sleeping.

When Samantha was diagnosed, it was very scary. Suddenly, everything became a struggle. It takes a huge toll on the child and family. Family dinners, holidays and parties became stressful or non-existent. Samantha was put on rounds of steroids that seemed to mask her symptoms but did not take away the EoE cell counts. She has to undergo countless endoscopies, colonoscopies, blood tests, ultrasounds, MRI’s, allergy tests, etc. Doctor visits became the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    German here, I was raised drinking tap water. I can't stand all that obnoxiously sweet crap people shovel in these days. If I am thirsty, nothing helps as much as clear, water at room temperature (or slightly cooled).

Yes we have a global obesity problem. But that is mainly caused by way too much sugar and other shit we can into our modern convenience food.

1.8m / 73 Kg, before people start asking. Not exactly meager but not obese either.
    You're the only other person besides myself that I have ever seen admit they like room temperature water better than the alternatives.

You can go 30 days without eating anything. If you let yourself eat less you will not die. It's amazing right?

I have self-control issues and I admit it. I am not obese but I am overweight. I'm 203lbs at 5'10" as a man. It's not even that I don't work out, I run four days a week and I can run 9 minute miles consecutively. While that's not impressive, for how much I weigh I feel I am doing okay for myself. It's a constant battle for self-discipline. "Just do it!" is easier than it sounds, especially when your brain does nothing but make you think about eating until you do. It's a habit I WILL break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    You're the only other person besides myself that I have ever seen admit they like room temperature water better than the alternatives.
    Well, my digestive system gets REALLY grumpy if I drink/eat cold stuff. So if I want to avoid spending the rest of the day on the john, I better avoid stuff like ice cold water/ice cream ect.

Also my teeth are super sensitive (albeit healthy though), if sweet/cold stuff touches the wrong one I feel intense pain. My jackass dentist just grinned and said "great, so you eat less of that crap!".... I guess he has a point.

Ofc saying "Just do it!11" is much much easier than actually ... DOING it. While I can have iron will and self control, I prefer to force the issue: I go shopping once a week. I buy stuff according to a weekly allotment.

EG: one 200g(one bag) of chips/week
    If I fail to self control I eat the bag in 2 days. Whelp guess what: no more chips till next shopping tour.
    Makes it really easy if you live alone and gives you the opportunity to go "full retard" if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    You can go 30 days without eating anything. If you let yourself eat less you will not die. It's amazing right?
    Careful with that though.
    If you eat too little, your body will go into stone age panic conservation mode.
    Not only will it lower energy consumption (making it harder to lose weight), it will also store whatever it gets it's hands on.

You can only healthily lose larger amounts of weight through a combination of increased physical activity and (moderately) reduced caloric intake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There is such a condition:
    Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)
    Well that does sound unpleasant, to say the least.

I can see how Corticosteroid medication + potentially wonky diet (depending on what you react to and must leave out) might cause problems people cannot do much about.

But as I said: extreme cases like this are the exception. Not the norm. To assume that every overweight person has a grave medical condition like that and is essentially "fat w/o being at fault" is just as misguided as the line of thinking "every fatty is just a lazy eating monster".

Jin is right in one aspect: you always have to assess the individual case at hand. Sweeping generalizations help nobody.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-04-03 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    I just don't see how this is a problem. Unless you're talking about people being so fat they're unable to leave their chairs, then I don't see the problem. If people choose to eat the food they love and not spend any of their time exercising, let them.

I'm overweight and thats personally just how I see it. Sure it would be nice to have a great looking body, but whats the point? I can't both pursue my hobbies and maintain a great body, which is to say, I can't play games in my free time and maintain a sculpted body in that free time.

I honestly think its a matter of choice. Sure there are people that snowball into fatness and seemingly 'can't' get out of it, but I honestly just think they're weak willed. For the most part the fat people I meet don't even fret about it, myself included. Its sad that 'global obesity' is an apparent problem, when most Governments still pretend real problems like climate change are a myth.

And yes, i'm fully aware that I lower my life expectancy by eating the way I want to. People take risks with their lives in other ways, yet aren't condescended as much as fat people. How many of you would go talk to a sky diver about lowering his life expectancy or chance of death? None of you, because its condescending beyond imagination - the sky diver made that choice, he values his enjoyment in life over mere longevity.

If I'm going to live, i'm going to live the way I want to, not spend a lot of my time and reduce my own happiness chasing of all things longevity.

edit: Don't take this as a fat pride post. That shit is just cringe. I'm not saying be proud of yourself being fat, i'm saying that if it doesn't effect your life as is now, then theres not much reason to change. Both fat pride and fat shaming are two sides of the same body obsessed coin.
    I think there is an element you're missing here though. When you eat good you feel so much better, so much more energy and you feel much more alive, you have energy throughout the whole day and things become easier. Once you're adjusted the hunger decreases and balances out, you can still eat rubbish so long as its within moderation, maybe you want to eat a 1200 calorie Pizza in one sitting... Fine, you can easily fit that in and still lose weight, but dont do it every day.

If you balance your diet and know what you're eating, slot in some of the right foods (fruit/veg) and moderate some of the bad stuff you will lose weight, you will feel stronger, faster, more energetic, tiredness will affect you less and as a result you will likely feel happier because of it.. And you can still eat the foods you love, just in moderation.

People who are healthy and fit enjoy their foods too, its not this image of being miserable and not eating enjoyable foods, quite the opposite. You've painted a picture that eating healthy and improving your body is to not be happy, it's the opposite. A mate of mine has a body like a male fitness model, he often tells me how he has "blowouts" where he eats biscuits and chocolate well above his calorie requirements, but he doesn't do it everyday and he tracks his nutrition so it balances out.. It's easy to do, hell you even have phone apps that do it for you.

The worst thing here is that you think happiness comes from eating and thats why you dont wanna be in decent shape, you need to realise you can have both if you do it right, happiness from your favourite foods as well as happiness from the energy and capability of a healthy body.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-04-03 at 01:36 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Trying to fat shame people? First you hate women, now hating on fat people. The bigotry is strong in this one.
    No. If you're going to call out BMI then at least post yours.

So i just got back from walking the dog..... for 1 hour 41 min, 10 km, burnt 700~ calories. Thank you Tennisace for fatshaming me into action. Now what did i miss?

You know what, screw diets, just eat whatever you are eating nowadays, but less of it. Instead just walk for 2 hours once or twice a week. If your aim is to loose weight, as in burn fat, then DONT do hardcore workout sessions. Dont start cross-fitting. Dont sprint for 10 mins 3 times a day and think you're doing good. You're not. Because you will be building muscles faster than you are burning fat. You might actually GAIN weight instead of loosing it. By working out. Yes. Really. Your body NEEDS to stay active for longer than 1 (number is up for discussion) hour at a time in order to actually start burning excessive body fat.

Now if you'll excuse me, i got a pizza, 2 bags of 200g chips, 1 litre of chocolate icecream (with extra chocolate sauce and lots of salty peanuts), a chocolate bar or two and 3 litres of coca-cola to consume. Bbl.