Poll: Would 1,000,000 gold be acceptable to fly pre-patch 1 of Legion?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Paying milions for flying is dumb.

Allowing flying at the start of an xpac is dumb.

defending "hurr durr me wanna flying i DESERVE IT COZ I PAID AMMURICA STILE" is retard behavior, yes ask you mom and dad if they are siblings.

Flying was good only in TBC due to the fact that was a new feature, need to be grinded etc etc and worked well with the mid-end game.

But then having flying already unlocked for the next xpac would have be only stupid, "hurr durr me picking quest me flying afk skipping mobs/path , landing, farming mob hurr durr flying back" like a tard, that is garbage.

It is like skipping/flying all Ashenvale in Vanilla to quest. really nice fantasy rpg experience go play flying simulator if that is your fetish...

We HAVE to DO THE FUCKING QUEST like in VANILLA to have the game, at least lasting longer in the launch phase instead of devouring it like a swarm of fag-locust, then @ 110 you will unlock flying like in WOD (without the reputation part because that was really stupid since you can buy medallion and istant get revered -.- ) and it will be account-wide so we will be able to choose to level our alts how we want, flying or not.

edit : before some minus habens bloat "HURR DURR BUT IT DOESNT NEED TO BE LIKE THIS MY MOMMY SAID!" ye....just try to figure an early content suited for flying-questing without have to take a dump.
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-04-03 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Why do you keep bringing up people leveling alts? people play the game in more ways than one. I don't understand your mentality. Yes, if they put a 1 million price on flying people would then be forced to make 1 million gold if they wanted to fly. But they wont, for all the reasons I and everyone else has said.

I actually just went back and saw you had this similar debate with multiple people in this thread.
    Again you don't need alts to make gold, they help but you don't need them. Take both gathering profession ( herbalism and mining ) and farm the south shore of Tanaan Jungle, you will get 7-10k.hour depending how many felblights you get, do that each day ( one hour ) and you will have 200-300k just from that.
    Now please don't tell me most people don't have time to play a game 30 hours spread across 1 month but if they don''t then stuff like having flying 2-3 months after the release because you didn't had enough gold to pay for it so you had to wait for meta doesn't hold water and is just trivial non important issue.

You can go look again and again and again that wont change the fact that 20% of players/forum members agree with me, at least from those who took the poll

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    And 80% don't. Please stop replying to me. Thanks
    You are replaying to me....

Yes, if it's a one-time payment and assures I will be able to fly forever, on all characters on my account. Every expansion, every zone, indoors, outdoors, in raids, dungeons and over the oceans.
    Also, the price would be reduced by the amount of gold I've already spent on flight masters, trainers, and anything else involving the ability to fly (not including mount prices). Otherwise no.

Deleted
    Yes. if you want it so badly pre-patch pay a ridiculous amount of gold, otherwise wait and do the achievement. Seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Yes, if it's a one-time payment and assures I will be able to fly forever, on all characters on my account. Every expansion, every zone, indoors, outdoors, in raids, dungeons and over the oceans.
    Also, the price would be reduced by the amount of gold I've already spent on flight masters, trainers, and anything else involving the ability to fly (not including mount prices). Otherwise no.
    So you want blizzard to give you back gold you invested into flying. Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    You're missing the point of flying being bad for every MMO its in. It shrinks the world, negatively effects funneling of questing, breaks world PvP, and more - all for what? Does it really add to your MMO game experience being able to avoid everything? Does it add content to the game? No. Flying was the worst addition this game has ever had next to LFR.
    A lot of opinions posted as facts, and still ignoring that most (pro flight) people do not want flying while leveling.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Interesting to see how many people here hated doing Draenor Pathfinder. I personally did not find it tedious at all. The most "boring" part is probably getting your Tanaan faction reputations to revered, but you should be doing those dailies anyway for apexis and oil.
    I gave Draenor Pathfinder a pass not because it wouldn't have been easy. It would have been. But I wasn't interested in having to go back over ground that I had already spent a lot of time on just to collect the achievement this late in the expansion. That said, I think that the achievement route is the right way to go about it--charging 1,000,000 gold is about as not the right way to go about it as I can imagine--and look forward to doing it in Legion as long as I know what is required in advance so I can incorporate that (treasures, reputations, whatever) into my plans for leveling and what I start to do at end game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

So here's the thing -- with achievement based flying, it's essentially an "heirloom" mechanic. Right? The goal is to make it so that you're first toon has to do the game the hard way, and then potentially your alts down the line get the "easy" mode of flying. Big expansion the first time through, smaller expansion the second time.

If you make flying 1,000,000 gold, you're essentially rewarding people who hardcore farm now and completely trivialize the leveling experience of Legion. In essence, if you want to join a mythic guild, you'll need 1,000,000 gold going into Legion and be quite a bit behind otherwise.

I know last I checked, WoW token is going for 40k gold on US -- you wanna bet that there's people out there that will absolutely dump $500 to fly when Legion comes out?

The idea that flying in Legion would be roughly $500 is insane, not just because of the pay-to-win there (and I would argue that the competitive advantage is great enough to call it pay-to-win, especially on PvP servers), but because of the sheer punishment that it would be to new players.

You've got the movie coming out in June, presumably this expansion within the next couple of months after -- there's BOUND to be new players following the movie. Hell, if Reddit is anything to go off, people that never thought they'd play WoW got into it just because of the hearthstone promotion. There's no way those new players are going to be retained if they start seeing in /2 "LOL $500 to fly in Broken Isles k blizzando."

I am most fine with no flying, I'm fine (though less in favor of) with flying being a level 110 gold investment that, reasonably, one would obtain from questing 100-110 and maybe a couple weeks of dailies after 110. If there's going to be flying though, I would rather it be a near-expansion long achievement that hopefully avoids the facepunchingness of Draenor flying (Which frankly, I just didn't find worth it to get).

I also found the creativity the lack of flying inspired -- like Aviana's feather -- too much fun to give up on

The whole point of achievement unlocked flying is that blizz can easily control WHEN players get to fly.

A player needs to do X achievements, usually explore the whole world/do all quests/find all treasure on foot.

By doing it through achievements blizz guarantees that every player with flying:
    1. Saw all the outdoor, did all the quests and found all the treasures as blizzard intended and designed, by foot on the ground.
    2. Spent quite a bit of time playing the said expansion, probably every bit of out door and quest content that was worth seeing.

If flying is to be in WoW AT ALL, i think the current method in WoD is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The whole point of achievement unlocked flying is that blizz can easily control WHEN players get to fly.

A player needs to do X achievements, usually explore the whole world/do all quests/find all treasure on foot.

By doing it through achievements blizz guarantees that every player with flying:
    1. Saw all the outdoor, did all the quests and found all the treasures as blizzard intended and designed, by foot on the ground.
    2. Spent quite a bit of time playing the said expansion, probably every bit of out door and quest content that was worth seeing.

If flying is to be in WoW AT ALL, i think the current method in WoD is really good.
    For the most part I agree. Pathfinder was ridiculously tedious IMO. I support the achievement system for flying, but leave the reputations off, or make them all farmable like the Saberstalkers. Once you've seen the world and done all the content, putting in a forced time sink that people will inevitably hit is just...annoying.

I quit WoW over delaying flying in Legion several months ago.

If flight was a one-time 1 million gold purchase for Legion, and account-wide for all level 110 characters, and available on the expansion's launch, I would purchase Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    99.9% of the playerbase doesn't have anywhere near that amount let alone willing to spend that for something that'll come via quests later.

This would also cause Chinese gold farmers to rise dramatically.

0% chance of Blizz implementing this.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    No. If gold was going to be an option at all, it should be made available at the same time that the meta achievement is. However, even then, I disagree with making it available for gold as an alternative because the meta seriously isn't that difficult to begin with.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I would just nope out of Legion outright if that were to be their plan.

Would buy it. Game needs more goldsinks. Would be nice if it required 110 at least so you you have to do questing once on ground.
    Last edited by vvaniish; 2016-04-05 at 08:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think goldcap to skip the achievement process of obtaining flight at the very end of the expansion would be okay. (Even though flying should still be removed for good.)

Having gold cap doesn't, and shouldn't mean squat. Now sit down and wait for it like the rest of us.

Don't see this happening personally. Won't lie though, I'd pay it. Paid 15k apiece for medallions early on. Whether it's "acceptable", yeah I definitely gotta go with no here, both from a player and design side