Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    The Wild Gods listed as being either created by Freya in her nature pods, or spawning from them, or being lured to them by their natureiness are as follows.

-LIST-

So either the first line of 'among the greatest' is a fancy way of saying "this isnt a full list", or possibly Hakkar, Cenarius and the others arent direct creations of Freya's work. Maybe the others are descendants of other Wild Gods like is suggested in Cenarius being the son of Malorne and Elune. Possibly the others are just not as strong and thus arent worth mentioning?
    Aren't all of those Gods somewhat friendly? I find it unlikely that any of them raised their offspring to be as hostile as Hakkar.

Quote Originally Posted by aketus View Post
    Aren't all of those Gods somewhat friendly? I find it unlikely that any of them raised their offspring to be as hostile as Hakkar.
    No matter how good a parent you are, some kids just grow up to be assholes.
    To the same end, bad parents dont always have bad kids.

Deleted
    No matter how good a parent you are, some kids just grow up to be assholes.
    To the same end, bad parents dont always have bad kids.
    True. Speculating the parents in this case, one would be most likely Yu'lon, since hes a serpent and hakkar has snake-like features. (since Malorne, a stag, made a half stag son Cenarius)

True. Speculating the parents in this case, one would be most likely Yu'lon, since hes a serpent and hakkar has snake-like features. (since Malorne, a stag, made a half stag son Cenarius)
    Might be worth looking into the Loa of the Drakkari, as the Wind Serpent Loa shares a model with Hakkar in his live form. Also there is a snake Loa up in Zul'drak too.

All Wildgods are Loa but not all Loa are Wildgods because Trolls call everything Loa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yu'lon, since hes a serpent
    yu'lon is a female serpent.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Might be worth looking into the Loa of the Drakkari, as the Wind Serpent Loa shares a model with Hakkar in his live form. Also there is a snake Loa up in Zul'drak too.
    I was under the assumption that Wind Serpents are sons of Hakkar? And to me that snake in Zul'drak is a dead end, storyline that was never continued.

I was under the assumption that Wind Serpents are sons of Hakkar? And to me that snake in Zul'drak is a dead end, storyline that was never continued.
    Quetz'lun, the Wind Serpent is more likely the origin of wind serpents, since Hakkar is known as The Soulflayer, The Blood God, The Faceless One and The Loa of Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    This seems to be the answer for literally everything now, and its an annoying and terrible way to just throw old lore out the window.
    But it isn't. It would be more terrible to say "Yes everyone is right in universe about everything." because quite simply it would make everyone super perfect. It's better to let them have myths, be wrong. It's not throwing old lore out since in game people should not have complete knowledge of things that happened thousands of years before their time.

Deleted
    Quetz'lun, the Wind Serpent is more likely the origin of wind serpents, since Hakkar is known as The Soulflayer, The Blood God, The Faceless One and The Loa of Blood.
    Youre probably right, cant find any material on them other than some vanilla quest referring them as cousins of Hakkar (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Screecher_Spirits)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    All Wildgods are Loa but not all Loa are Wildgods because Trolls call everything Loa.
    Loa is pretty much the word for "Spirit", which is what Wild Gods ends up to be. In fact, they're just greater spiritual beings, powerful enough to have a presence on both realms. Wisps are just a much lesser version of the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I visited Isle of Thunder and came across part of lore that in my opinion seems to contradict the Chronicles.
    As I understood from Chronicles spoilers, Freya created the Wild Gods. But in one of lorewalker scrolls (name of scroll is Shadow of the Loa, cant post links yet) is stated that Loa predates even the titans.
    So am I missing something here because for me it doesn't make sense. Did Freya made wild gods other than Loa's?
    You are safest to treat lore with assumption that every newest patch will retcon at least something and expansion will take the lore in stranglehold, beat it up and reshape to fit current "omg I just got great idea epicer and biggerer" heading.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I don't think that Loa - in term of Primal Gods that are in Troll pantheon such as Shirvallah and Shadra aren't Titan related becuase they never responded to either Titans or green dragonflight.

They act completely different to the likes of Malrone or Goldrinn. They have their favourited groups and that is only restricted to trolls. And lastly- they can punish very hard. Another thing is that some Loas are ascended Trolls.

Honestly? I don't think that Blizzard even has a track on their own lore -_-

They recently retconned MoP stuff for crying out loud. Where they made Tauren come from Yaungol and not Yaungol come from Tauren as it was shown in the scrolls.

Pity becuase that is hitting heavily in racial identity and flavor. I loved the part that trolls are as old as the world itself it gave a lot of depth into them.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Wild Gods listed as being either created by Freya in her nature pods, or spawning from them, or being lured to them by their natureiness are as follows.

Among the greatest Wild Gods were:
    Malorne - the honorable White Stag
    Aessina - the Mother Wisp
    Agamaggan - the Razorboar
    Aviana - the Mistress of Birds
    Ursoc and Ursol - the colossal Bear Lords
    Tortolla - the Wise
    Goldrinn - the Great Wolf
    Chi-Ji - the Red Crane
    Niuzao - the Black Ox
    Xuen - the White Tiger
    Yu'lon - the Jade Serpent

So either the first line of 'among the greatest' is a fancy way of saying "this isnt a full list", or possibly Hakkar, Cenarius and the others arent direct creations of Freya's work. Maybe the others are descendants of other Wild Gods like is suggested in Cenarius being the son of Malorne and Elune. Possibly the others are just not as strong and thus arent worth mentioning?
    In the WotA trilogy, they state fairly clearly that Cenarius is the offspring of Ysera and Malorne.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I visited Isle of Thunder and came across part of lore that in my opinion seems to contradict the Chronicles.
    As I understood from Chronicles spoilers, Freya created the Wild Gods. But in one of lorewalker scrolls (name of scroll is Shadow of the Loa, cant post links yet) is stated that Loa predates even the titans.
    So am I missing something here because for me it doesn't make sense. Did Freya made wild gods other than Loa's?
    Retcons!
    Blizzard stated multiple times that Trolls, Furbolgs, Taurens, etc predated the Titans, but in the Chronicle, it's said that all that came into existence after the Titans had left, due to the power of the Well of Eternity.

Aren't Loa just powerful spirits that Trolls worship with some being powerful enough to be Gods.

See: Animal Spirits of Zul'Gurub. Animal Spirits of Zul'Aman. Animal Spirits of Zul'drak. Animal spirits of Gundrak. Animal spirits of Drak'tharon.

All troll tribes have their own spirits they worship.

Wisps are Loa because they are just spirits.

They also see Night Elven Gods/Spirits as Loa.

Even Zanza is a Loa of the Zandalari Tribe and he's just a dead troll spirit, not exactly a God.

And well your going to have a long and fruitless discussion on the origin of WoW spirits.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-04-03 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Loa is pretty much the word for "Spirit", which is what Wild Gods ends up to be. In fact, they're just greater spiritual beings, powerful enough to have a presence on both realms. Wisps are just a much lesser version of the same thing.
    Everything alive has spirit. Spirits and Wildgods are not the same thing. The Wildgods have certain characteristics that make them Wildgods. Wildgods and average spirits do not share the same origin. They are not spirits that are so powerful to have a presence on both realms. They were born as very powerful creatures who were later bound to the ED by Freya. Only one of them who was born as a spirit was Aessina. It's just that trolls call everything supernatural Loa. People in game have limited knowledge so they don't see the differences.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-04-04 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Are Loa even considered Wild gods though? They don't quite act the same as the Ancients like Goldrinn and Malorne.
    Goldrin and Malorne are considered Loa by the Darkspears, and probably by other trolls as well. Loa is a descriptive cultural term applied to any immortal being the trolls are able to interact with and seek favor from. Most of the Loa do appear to be nature spirits like the Wild Gods, but others (e.g., Bonswamdi) appear to be in a different category.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Retcons!
    Blizzard stated multiple times that Trolls, Furbolgs, Taurens, etc predated the Titans, but in the Chronicle, it's said that all that came into existence after the Titans had left, due to the power of the Well of Eternity.
    I thought Trolls predated the Well, but Trolls who lived near the Well became Night Elves.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    A wizard did it.

I like that Freya created them. The Wild Gods, anyway. Gives more depth to her and the other Keepers too. I like that they've made those old bosses from Ulduar (my favorite raid) to be so relevant to the lore .

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    A wizard did it.

I like that Freya created them. The Wild Gods, anyway. Gives more depth to her and the other Keepers too. I like that they've made those old bosses from Ulduar (my favorite raid) to be so relevant to the lore .
    Ulduar was (and is) amazing. On so many levels. From the first quests in Storm Peaks to the final confrontations with Yogg Saron and Alganon (hard to say which of those was more epic back in the day - very different fights but both great challenges). Blizz set such a high bar in those days that it's no wonder they've struggled to consistently match it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"