Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    You should read what it has to say about the particular European nations, then you'd see that official crime statistics show you how things really are.

But sure go ahead, keep questioning the validity of offcial crime statistics for as long as you want. Pretend things are okay, if you like.
    http://bjc.oxfordjournals.org/content/53/3/456

We examine the gap in registered crime between the children of immigrants and the children of native Swedes. We follow all individuals who completed compulsory schooling during the period 1990–93 in the Stockholm Metropolitan area (N = 63,462) up to their thirties and analyse how family of origin and neighbourhood segregation during adolescence, subsequent to arriving in Sweden, influence the gap in recorded crimes. For males, we are able to explain between half and three-quarters of the gap in crime by reference to parental socio-economic resources and neighbourhood segregation. For females, we can explain even more, sometimes the entire gap. In addition, we tentatively examine the role of co-nationality or culture by comparing the crime rates of randomly chosen pairs of individuals originating from the same country. We find only a small correlation in the crime of individuals who share the same origin, indicating that culture is unlikely to be a strong cause of crime among immigrants.
    Again, I just followed a link from your source. We can play this game all day long, mate. See, I even challenged myself and picked the immigration crime capital of Europe, Sweden, as the target. I think I did pretty well.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I don't know what you don't understand about what I've been saying.
    I understand what you saying, I am telling you that you are saying it very poorly and in some application incorrectly.

Multiculturalism is bad, because it inherently implies there is no process of assimilation. Crime statistics etc show that quite handily.
    The most inclusive study on immigration in relation to crime in nation with a high degree of cultural pluralism is here: https://www.ncjrs.gov/criminal_justi.../vol_1/02j.pdf'

It is what the USCIS and ACS officially recognizes as current. And has been corroborated by at least four peer reviewed studies (Yale, UDC, Fagan & Simpson) - unilaterally finding that immigration has no effect on crime in the US. And further linking the largest decline in US history in criminal activity with it's highest surge in immigration in the post-war era (1990s).

Oh boy, nothing says death to the country like a political campaign where said side opposes authoritarianism and promotes true german values that are shared among the populace already, oh boy.

Just admit you got offended because it is a left-leaning video that opposes your view of what is considered being german, kids this days need a thicker skin.

Deathmaster of Defilers of Arathor - Emerald Dream - US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    http://bjc.oxfordjournals.org/content/53/3/456

Again, I just followed a link from your source. We can play this game all day long, mate.
    Analysis of police data for 2002 by ethnicity showed that 37.5 percent of all crime suspects living in the Netherlands were of foreign origin (including those of the second generation), almost twice as high as the share of immigrants in the Dutch population. The highest rates per capita were found among first and second generation male migrants of a non‐Western background. Of native male youths between the ages of 18 and 24, in 2002 2.2% were arrested, of all immigrant males of the same age 4.4%, of second generation non-Western males 6.4%. The crime rates for so‐called ‘Western migrants’ were very close to those of the native Dutch. In all groups, the rates for women were considerably lower than for men, lower than one percent, with the highest found among second generation non‐western migrants, 0.9%
    You're right, we can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I understand what you saying, I am telling you that you are saying it very poorly and in some application incorrectly.

The most inclusive study on immigration in relation to crime in nation with a high degree of cultural pluralism is here: https://www.ncjrs.gov/criminal_justi.../vol_1/02j.pdf'

It is what the USCIS and ACS officially recognizes as current. And has been corroborated by at least four peer reviewed studies (Yale, UDC, Fagan & Simpson) - unilaterally finding that immigration has no effect on crime in the US. And further linking the largest decline in US history in criminal activity with it's highest surge in immigration in the post-war era (1990s)

Good thing I have strictly been talking about Europe (3rd time I'm reminding you of this). Apologies if I feel like I've been saying what I've been saying just fine and you simply don't get it.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-03 at 04:39 PM.

Good thing I have strictly been talking about Europe. Apoligies if I feel like I've been saying what I've been saying just fine.
    So would it be fair to draw from your reply the following; in your opinion, multiculturalism is a horribly flawed idea in a few European countries?

Thus an open statement you made about multiculturalism as an idea is not applicable to anything except your specific biased application.

You're right, we can.
    Only you keep on quoting Wikipedia and not the source. Quoting secondary sources is really not proper, you should know better. Because once you acknowledge Wikipedia as a source itself, I'll slam you again with that first sentence that you really don't want me to quote.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    So would it be fair to draw from your reply the following; in your opinion, multiculturalism is a horribly flawed idea in a few European countries?

Thus an open statement you made about multiculturalism as an idea is not applicable to anything except your specific biased application.
    In my opinion multiculturalism is a bad idea everywhere. Some cultures are compatible and the result isn't muliculturalism, others are not or not as compatible and you get multiculturalism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Only you keep on quoting Wikipedia and not the source. Quoting secondary sources is really not proper, you should know better. Because once you acknowledge Wikipedia as a source itself, I'll slam you again with that first sentence that you really don't want me to quote.
    The source is linked on the bottom of the site, feel free to look it up.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-03 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Only Nazis state that austria and germany are the same culture. They are, for sure as hell is hot, not the same culture, and not even the same language. Source: i am an austrian living in germany.
    I'm a German that used to live in Austria. I can see how the statement I made is offensive to some on both sides of the border, and maybe I phrased it badly. But.

Variations in what is considered to be 'german' and 'austrian' are very miniscule.

Austria's language of state is german. Without the intent to offend, austrians speak a dialect of german, just as bavarians, hessians, saxons and so on.

Non of this means that I would consider you to be german, or to consider austria to be part of germany. Sorry if I offended you.

It really is bound to what concept of multiculturalism one has.
    If we go with the idea of multiple different traditions within one body, I find the idea that it even exists in the US specious.
    The US is a massive machine of assimilation. Its culture is incredibly favorable to sympathetic nationalism: flags hanging in suburbia homes, casually singing america the beautiful here and there, respect for veterans...
    And not only within the borders of their piece of land. This mild patriotism is the cornerstone of all their cultural exports. From movies and music, to every single fast food franchise.
    The US assimilates their migrants before they arrive. Every single boat entering the Harbor through the Houston river was filled with people craving for the freedoms, and the dream that the American nation promised. They were Americanized before landing foot there.

Which is not to say cultural enclaves don't happen. You have Little Italy, or Little India and similar experiences as a testament of distinct cultures functioning side by side (albeit massively modified from their point of origin). And you also have a long list of Native American reservation, and Afro-American ghettos in different degrees of success and failure.

It happens. As an exception to the rule.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-04-03 at 04:47 PM.

In my opinion multiculturalism is a bad idea everywhere.
    So your statement is nonsensical? No data backs up such a statement except in largely homogeneous cultures. Which is not a net positive for societies anthropologically in historical and empirical demonstration.

Some cultures are compatible and the result isn't muliculturalism, others are not or not as compatible and you get multiculturalism.
    This isn't even worded sensibly.

Goodness gracious.

Deleted
    So your statement is nonsensical? No data backs up such as statement except in largely homogeneous cultures. Which is not a net positive for societies anthropologically in historical and empirical demonstration.

This isn't even worded sensibly.

Goodness gracious.
    You calling my opinion nonsensical, when I've been linking several statistics that show the effects of it is hilarious at best.

But really, it's disheartening.

It's not worded sensibly? Uh-huh.

The person who keeps talking about non related things probably shouldn't criticize others for not making sense, just saying.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-03 at 04:52 PM.

Because in the US you had a bunch of European cultures blending together. Totally different story.

You can go on about how different European cultures are from one another, but at the end of the day they all share the same Western values.
    Is this a joke? There is no way in hell I share values with you, or with equally despicable people in this thread (that Norwegian cavedweller for example).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Is this a joke? There is no way in hell I share values with you, or with equally despicable people in this thread (that Norwegian cavedweller for example).
    Oh okay, so you're comfy with discriminating against gays? That comes as a bit of a surprise I must say.

Oh okay, so you're comfy with discriminating against gays? That comes as a bit of a surprise I must say.
    I oppose all sorts of discrimination, which can't be said of the likes of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    I oppose all sorts of discrimination, which can't be said of the likes of you.
    Calling a spade a spade, essentially when backed up by data can't be discrimination.

You calling my opinion nonsensical, when I've been linking several statistics that show the effects of it is hilarious at best.
    They have all been inconclusive in results supporting your statement.

You want to have it both ways; 'Multiculturalism stinks!" / "But some cultures are okay!"

That's literal nonsense. If the idea was itself 'horribly flawed' than cultural pluralism wouldn't work at all- anywhere, with any desperate cultures. Data and history demonstrate otherwise.

Deleted

You want to have it both ways; 'Multiculturalism stinks!" / "But some cultures are okay!"

That's literal nonsense. If the idea was itself 'horribly flawed' than cultural pluralism wouldn't work at all- anywhere, with any desperate cultures. Data and history demonstrate otherwise.

I'm perplexed at your insistence to just not get it.

It's literally not nonsense.

Similar, compatible cultures do not result in multiculturalism when they intermingle, we live in the prime example of that simple truth, the US. The US is a melting pot, not a multicultural country, here people actually integrate. Yes, those are different things. Is that why we're still arguing? The closest thing the US has to multiculturality are African-Americans. Should I provide you with statistics on why that's bad for the US? Or are you going to call me a racist then? (again)

Oh and official crime statistics from European countries' government sites are not inconclusive data. Okay?
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-03 at 05:10 PM.

It is quite convenient that for many people, inclusivity just so happens to include them and all the people they like, while excluding everyone they don't. Personally I find it sad that so many so-called American patriots are so eager to play up their European heritage and appeal to common European values and all that, when I seriously doubt that most Europeans would see any common ground between us and them.

Similar cultures do not result in multiculturalism when they intermingle, we live in the prime example of that simple truth, the US. The US is a melting pot, not a multicultural country. Yes, those are different things.
    The term 'melting pot' is just a phrase; a metaphor for cultural assimilation. The effect of which has been diminished during some of America's greatest post-war immigration. As I linked earlier.

America is hardly a 'melting pot' in any significant manner outside of early European migration. Data backs this up from 1965 onward.

As I asked earlier, have you been to Chelsea and Oak Park lately?

Heck, have you been to Chattanooga recently (only 59% of it's population in non-Hispanic White)?

I have been to these places in the last year and my day job involves ethnic and income distribution among all US markets.