Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    The legendary quest chain is the only thing preventing me from playing my alts. It's even worse than the MoP one, IMO. As far as I'm concerned, WoD was the worst expansion for alts out of those I played.
    But even that has a catch-up mech that trivializes it into oblivion. As an example, on the only alt I've started the legendary quest on, I finished the Highmaul part in a week and the BRF part in two weeks. (Then I decided I wasn't going to raid with that toon and said screw it).

I want there to be enough content to keep me on a main. I remember in vanilla I had 1 lv 60 and in BC i had 2 lv 70s. Now I have 14 lv 100s and nothing to do on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I want there to be enough content to keep me on a main. I remember in vanilla I had 1 lv 60 and in BC i had 2 lv 70s. Now I have 14 lv 100s and nothing to do on them.
    Same boat here, if it wasn't for alts I would have quit 9-10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    So even before you have played and Expansion you worry about your alts, how about hoping you never will play your alts since there is so much Content for your 1 preferred character (AKA Main char)
    Lets be honest here, nobody is expecting to get away with only a main or even few alts when playing alot anymore.

Deleted
    Just look at the other thread what people want to play Legion most for... class changes.
    The game has abandoned any previous content and any content outside of repetitive dungeons/raids to actually play out your character. All the game mechanics only support that kind of playstyle.

While people who really don't care about numbers, (player-) competitions, keybindings, addons etc and really enjoy leveling and storytelling it might just look sad but... we are here on mmo-champion, something like THE place for people who do not play the game for these reasons.

So playing alts and all classes with their changes is probably one of the biggest refreshments of any new expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glas View Post
    So I felt WoD was really rough for alt players... was wondering if anyone in the alpha/lots of knowledge of Legion could let me know how easy (or hard) it will be to maintain raid-focused alts?
    Well, heres something we do know, all your alts will be pruned, is that friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    But even that has a catch-up mech that trivializes it into oblivion. As an example, on the only alt I've started the legendary quest on, I finished the Highmaul part in a week and the BRF part in two weeks. (Then I decided I wasn't going to raid with that toon and said screw it).
    It doesn't really matter that it's easy. It's still something like a month or more to get to the 6.2 section and then you're looking at several weeks for tomes. All the while doing content that is repetitive, old and boring (mostly LFR or pugging lower difficulties). And if that's not enough there's weeks/months of upgrading the legendary ring once you do finally get it.

It's a downright awful prospect if all you want is to get an alt in on farm nights to try an alleviate the boredom of the game.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Phendrus View Post
    force - make (someone) do something against their will

they're not forcing you to do anything. By the sounds of it you dont play alts or dont want to, so you dont need all of the armor types unlocked. if you do want all the transmogs unlocked then that is your choice.
    I truly am sorry, but I just have to post this;

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

(Source:http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000004/quotes)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Cata and Wrath were better. You had heroics that dropped purples at the same ilvl as the previous raid tier. You got to 100 and were raid geared in days, never had to do anything else.

MOP and WOD had the god.damn.bullshit.awful.lfr.legendary.grind. And yes, to raid heroic and above you basically have to have the legendary, so don't give me the "it's optional" crap. That's like saying it's optional for an NBA player to wear shoes on the court. Yeah, the rules might allow it, but that's irrelevant. You have to have shoes.

Anyway, Legion's not looking all that alt or offspec friendly, with "Leveling the artifact" taking the place of the fucking legendary. It sounds like they want people to feel really invested in their mains, and that's just not how I play. I love switching around and seeing fights from different perspectives and playing different roles. I don't think I'm alone either, a lot of people in my guild switched mains this xpac multiple times. Ah well, the legion antihype continues.
    Ya the legendary ring is killing me on my Hunter alt. For a DPS alt its horrible. If you are healing its honestly not a big deal at all IMO unless you are doing mythic, but for DPS its such a HUGE factor.

I know I am going to main my Horde Hunter for legion but I really like ALSO having a healer...havent fully decided which healer yet but probably going with Druid as I love the playstyle. Hopefully I can keep up with it just doing heroic raiding

I don't understand why they just don't remove the lockouts on previous raid tiers once they're old. I think that's a much better means of catching up to current raid difficulty than getting RNG gear with random stats. What benefit does it provide to keep them on a lockout outside of gating things like legendary quest items? And even then, they eventually had some sort of ridiculous catch up mechanic outside of it. They should at least do it for LFR/Normal difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Forced is when there is only one way to do something we absolutely want, should we like it or not. We want something, but there is only one way that we don't like and that could have been different, by definition we are forced to take this path to get to our aim. Tell me an alternative way to unlock all on your main character without playing our alts
    Unless you're at gun point then you are in no way being "forced" to do it. Your definition of forced is so vague you could literally apply it to pretty much anything that has a reward or something you want. Like i want a big mac but i dont want to go to McDonalds to get it, guess McDonalds is forcing me to go there. If you want something you shouldn't feel forced to do the thing to get it. And its incredibly redundant to level a character you didn't want in the first place to unlock something that you'd use on that character...

I want to complete my collection on my main character, which is, so far, a collection tab of every items in the game, I want to play my main as a "main game file", but to complete it we are "forced", then, to play alts, because there is no alternative currently. By the way I don't understand why a main char can't unlock (not transmog) a BoP appearance.
    See now this all boils down to being a completionist which makes up a very small minority. If you are a completionist you shouldn't have an issue doing mundane and tedious tasks in order to complete. If you aren't then there is literally no reason to have all of the cloth/leather/mail if your main (for example) is a warrior. I still see alliance mounts in my horde tab i dont have and there's achievements ill never have unless i level another character. if i want these ill do the thing to get them, but i dont so im not gonna.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phendrus View Post
    Unless you're at gun point then you are in no way being "forced" to do it. Your definition of forced is so vague you could literally apply it to pretty much anything that has a reward or something you want. Like i want a big mac but i dont want to go to McDonalds to get it, guess McDonalds is forcing me to go there. If you want something you shouldn't feel forced to do the thing to get it. And its incredibly redundant to level a character you didn't want in the first place to unlock something that you'd use on that character...

See now this all boils down to being a completionist which makes up a very small minority. If you are a completionist you shouldn't have an issue doing mundane and tedious tasks in order to complete. If you aren't then there is literally no reason to have all of the cloth/leather/mail if your main (for example) is a warrior. I still see alliance mounts in my horde tab i dont have and there's achievements ill never have unless i level another character. if i want these ill do the thing to get them, but i dont so im not gonna.
    Maybe we don't agree on the definition, but anyway, there is currently no way to complete even most of this collection with your main char, which never happened before, and that makes me think in a result of a weird design we should feedback on. I never saw them saying they want us to play our alts in order to make our main progress something, including a collection.
    Before, there were a few FoS and achi that were not doable on your main like some legendary items to get, leveling alt to max level or the green fire if you're not a warlock, but nothing on the scale of the transmog collection.
    It's effectively redundant to level a character to unlock something on your main char hence the weird design. I really don't see the point of those restrictions. Restricting transmog, yes, but restricting unlocks, does not feel right.
    I think the main char should be by definition the most progressed character and should be able to deliver stuff to alts, it's not alts that should make the main character progress (huge part of a collection in this case)

On a side note I think completionism is something that can potentially interest anyone, since any human can experience the pleasure of collecting stuff, the feel of possession, and the satisfaction of successfully completing a collection. Blizzard could give more incentive and make it more easy to complete those, and it would make the game even more addicting. But that's Blizzard money here anyway, just a thought :P
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-03-27 at 06:11 PM.

So even before you have played and Expansion you worry about your alts, how about hoping you never will play your alts since there is so much Content for your 1 preferred character (AKA Main char)
    Well to be fair some people dont have mains on purpose. Im one of them I canr stand playing only one class all the time.

main toon = 3 artifacts you want to work on, because we can switch to all 3 specs; 2 for DH, and 4 for druids any time we want.
    lets say you want an alt, that's working on +/- 6 artifacts

I think it's not alt friendly more than WoD's legendary. Unless they're adding a catch up system for our artifacts.

Wow. What a baseless assumption you've just made here, and one I'd wager is wildly off-base.

What on earth makes you think people have alts only because they get bored of another character?

That's just ridiculous. There are a great deal of people who just like playing the game, and they like more than one class quite a bit, so this is just silly and off-base.

Also, having too much to do on one character is a problem just as much as not having enough to do, previous expansions have shown us that, be it through the daily-quest glut of MoP, or the old grinds of Vanilla and Burning Crusade.

You are certainly allowed to not care for alts, but you're just wrong if you think people only make alts out of boredom or some lack of things to do with a "main" character.

I primarily always play my Death Knight - I level cap it first, I raid with it first, and all of that other stuff, it's usually the only character I can get a legendary or whatever expansion-long thing on done with, but I always have my warrior and I always level him to the cap too, even if I don't do the rest of that stuff with it, but I love both classes and with the way Legion looks, I'm hoping to be able to really put both of them on similar footing, even if one is a little bit better off.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Wow. What a baseless assumption you've just made here, and one I'd wager is wildly off-base.

What on earth makes you think people have alts only because they get bored of another character?

That's just ridiculous. There are a great deal of people who just like playing the game, and they like more than one class quite a bit, so this is just silly and off-base.

Also, having too much to do on one character is a problem just as much as not having enough to do, previous expansions have shown us that, be it through the daily-quest glut of MoP, or the old grinds of Vanilla and Burning Crusade.

You are certainly allowed to not care for alts, but you're just wrong if you think people only make alts out of boredom or some lack of things to do with a "main" character.

I primarily always play my Death Knight - I level cap it first, I raid with it first, and all of that other stuff, it's usually the only character I can get a legendary or whatever expansion-long thing on done with, but I always have my warrior and I always level him to the cap too, even if I don't do the rest of that stuff with it, but I love both classes and with the way Legion looks, I'm hoping to be able to really put both of them on similar footing, even if one is a little bit better off.
    I can see your point and with just 2 lines I didn`t Explain my self.

The thing is, that if there is a loot of content for 1 char "main", there will also be a loot of content for your alts and why would you want to do that content faster then you did before?

as you say, if you like to play more characters, then do so, but take your time.

This is just how I do it, I have some alts here and there, but I do it slow and with no hurry, why should someone want to hurry threw a game?

I can see that if you have 10 char, ok, it can get booring, but then again, return to your main and just play on him, after some months you can level some other alts and maybe you get Exited again.

it is just that some people say "I dont have time to play this game".... this to us looks very strange.... since the very Essence of a "Video game" is spending time having fun.

and if you dont have time, find time.

things should take time, then at the end of it all you would appriciate it more.

I understand your point, if I order a book I want it "NOW" but if I get it after 3 weeks it get more exited.

Quote Originally Posted by Glas View Post
    So I felt WoD was really rough for alt players... was wondering if anyone in the alpha/lots of knowledge of Legion could let me know how easy (or hard) it will be to maintain raid-focused alts?
    considering that they are hiding full artifact power behind artificial gating. not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post

look at how long and often this person has been posting. then look at the content of his posts. what is the beast that lives under a bridge and charges tolls?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP