Thread: Black Desert

yeah not sure why they have gender locked classes. However, it looks like the new classes coming out are pretty similar to the warrior/valkyrie setup. Not exactly the same class but pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    yeah not sure why they have gender locked classes.
    According to them it takes the same amount of development time as developing another class from scratch so they'd rather just make a new class.

From my perspective *puts on tin foil hat* there's so much about this game that comes off as them just cutting corners that I imagine it has more to do with that than anything. Maybe the dev team is so small that they're cutting corners by necessity, or maybe they just want more revenue with less investment. *shrug*
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-04-02 at 03:44 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Still waiting for them to add some decent looking armor that can be obtained from the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    Still waiting for them to add some decent looking armor that can be obtained from the game itself.
    The games something like 2 years(?) old overseas and all they've added is more cash shop stuff afaik.

According to them it takes the same amount of development time as developing another class from scratch so they'd rather just make a new class.
    I call 100% bull shit on their part, that makes zero sense.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I call 100% bull shit on their part, that makes zero sense.
    I'm not sure how they went about developing their game to say one way or the other.

Obviously from the on paper design end that work wouldn't need to be duplicated, but from the actual art / model end... could be.

Again to me its just one of many things that come off as them cutting corners.

Deleted
    Just got my +15 Yuria staff

Affter doing my scrolls and daily quests today i had 84 blackstone weapons and only a +12 weapon

it costed me 42 stones to get it to +15

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    yeah not sure why they have gender locked classes. However, it looks like the new classes coming out are pretty similar to the warrior/valkyrie setup. Not exactly the same class but pretty close.
    the two new classes are supposed to be "the same"

just like Valkyrie is the "female version" of Warrior

Valkrie is not the female version of warrior but a variant. A better analogy is witch and wizard but there is no mention of a male dark elf?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always had a feeling that a ninja would be my main. This just solidifies it. Now I just need to play the waiting game because leveling without a grind group takes AGES.

Deleted
    Valkrie is not the female version of warrior but a variant. A better analogy is witch and wizard but there is no mention of a male dark elf?
    witch and wizard is identical but also the only class that is, but when awakening arrives witch and wizard won't get the same

i don't mind not having a male/female version of all classes tho

Deleted
    I would honestly never even consider making male character in Korean MMOs

Maybe it'll be the sorcerer.

Deleted
    The game still has a long development process to take. Pearl Abyss needs to decide if they want to mainly adress PVE or PVP players yet. While the latest patch announcment shows they are going towards PVE players and instanced PVP.

I think they will allow PVP as an option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    I would honestly never even consider making male character in Korean MMOs
    then you're still somewhat limited in your choices, since some classes are locked behind male characters.

although the majority and the more interesting classes are female.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Once plum and the other content that Korea is getting, gets released out here it'll probably be worth buying for me.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    then you're still somewhat limited in your choices, since some classes are locked behind male characters.

although the majority and the more interesting classes are female.
    Surprise surprise... watch them go the TERA way and just add female only classes from this point forward

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't seem to ever understand why people have issue with gender locked classes; I get that it is an mmo where some want to customize the character. However growing up I played games like Baldur's gate for PS, Diablo 1 + 2, and several others where there was no choice it was only what was there. Unless you plan on doing any form of roleplaying it doesn't even seem like an issue. Personally it sounds like many people here just have sexist tendencies, all sorts of games had gender lock classes from Ogre Battle 64 to hell even DnD with pen and paper there was a class for only dwarven women! The game looks quite interesting though I am not jumping in yet until the Plum comes out so I can make a L5R samurai themed character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Surprise surprise... watch them go the TERA way and just add female only classes from this point forward
    well, there's an upcomming male class and female class

then there's the elver expansion which likely adds a playable female elf

after that there's the dwarves expansion which prob adds a playable male dwarf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I don't seem to ever understand why people have issue with gender locked classes; I get that it is an mmo where some want to customize the character. However growing up I played games like Baldur's gate for PS, Diablo 1 + 2, and several others where there was no choice it was only what was there. Unless you plan on doing any form of roleplaying it doesn't even seem like an issue. Personally it sounds like many people here just have sexist tendencies, all sorts of games had gender lock classes from Ogre Battle 64 to hell even DnD with pen and paper there was a class for only dwarven women! The game looks quite interesting though I am not jumping in yet until the Plum comes out so I can make a L5R samurai themed character.
    Excuse me but 'sexist tendencies'?

I do not give a shit about either gender and whatever role or appearance they have in videogames. But I'm used to being able to customize a character to my liking in open games like these.

As 'free' and 'next gen' as the publishers advertise this mmo's character creation to be, at times you are still fairly heavily limited when creating your character. Which starts at the genderlocking.

I have a sorceress and a ranger and even a valkyrie and enjoy playing them without my 'sexist tendencies' getting in my way. But I still wish that I would have been given the freedom to customize them more to my liking.

Alas that's how those classes are and there's nothing to do against that. Even though Pearl Abyss mentioned some years back that there would be no genderlock.

However, there are datafiles of a male archer that have been around since the game first released in korea and he was even depicted in one of the early pre-launch gameplay videos. As of now there still is no word on when this character will be released to the public.

Meanwhile the devs are pumping out new pretty and unique female-only classes to cash in some more money from those scantily clad outfits in the cash shop. gg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    after that there's the dwarves expansion which prob adds a playable male dwarf
    Butbut... I want Dwarf females!

Said no-one ever.