Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    What is the class that barely receives serious comments from the blues or that in each review receives the fewest changes compared to the other classes?
    I do not know, I do not follow every class, that's why I asked if there is a study that shows that.

Which one of the three mage specs has received an artifact quest line that is a mere copy of another class
    If that's true, that other class could say the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    If that's true, that other class could say the same.
    Well no, the Arcane quest line has references to the priest one, not the other way around.

Most specs in the game share their artifact quests with other specs. We're blessed to have two specs that don't.
    It's a very silly argument to make when you want to claim a spec or a class is the "most neglected" (if those quests are so notable, surely we'd be among the least neglected of classes), but you shouldn't expect anything better from who said it.

There's always a clown in every subforum who constantly spouts that their personal favourite class (or race, or both in this specific case) is the most neglected, despised by Blizzard, killed Celestalon in PvP once so will never be good, the sky is falling, woe is us.
    Unfortunately doing so isn't against the rules and getting everyone to block them is an impossible task, so they'll just continue lowering the quality of forum discussion forever.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-04-03 at 05:54 PM.

I find complaining about something you will do once and never again to be pointless. Problems with the class/specs are much more vital.

Then again, I find wasting 90%+ of a launch's resources on leveling content you will rush through/do dungeons to level the 2nd+ toons and only 10% on max level content you will spend over 99% of an expansion on to be stupid but hey, what do I know? I'm not the game developers who ignore feedback
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-04-03 at 09:42 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Most specs in the game share their artifact quests with other specs. We're blessed to have two specs that don't.
    It's a very silly argument to make when you want to claim a spec or a class is the "most neglected" (if those quests are so notable, surely we'd be among the least neglected of classes), but you shouldn't expect anything better from who said it.
    Honestly, I'd rather they addressed all of the concerns and problems that have currently been raised and put all of their time into that than give us special snowflake artifact scenarios. I'd much prefer to have the class play well and problem-free for the entire expansion than be able to have a unique quest line that takes 15 minutes, which I'll only do once.

What is the class that barely receives serious comments from the blues or that in each review receives the fewest changes compared to the other classes?
    Because it's in a good spot ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Because it's in a good spot ?
    Of course! Mages are fine, as always!

Of course! Mages are fine, as always!
    Sarcasm aside, Arcane actually is fine... baseline that is. Aesthetically and talent-wise, they're horrible, just like Frost (and Fire, though Fire is beautiful aesthetically).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I wish Arcane Blast got a visual update in Legion. They can keep the non-projectile design, but I would like sort of a "muzzle flash" at the end of our cast...and coincidentally, Arcane Blast's art from Hearthstone gives us perfect example to use:

I still hope that we will get some visual updates. Arcane Blast is meh but ok, it's Arcane Missiles that give me nightmares

Considering all the inspiration they've been taking from Diablo in the expansion, I eagerly await Missiles looking like it does there or in HotS. With all the amazing work on fire, I can't imagine they would just stop at that one spec.

Deleted
    I like the ideas of spell updates but we might have a Marketing issue lately since while the game is updated for a new expansion, Arcane Mages look bad in terms of balance against other classes because everyone stacks 19 mages with a tank for fun on guilds that killed Archimonde early so we're getting unfairly treated as too OP while that is not true on progression (frost was too strong in some cases, especially before the ring or before the max ring). That might incline Blizzard to not give too many updates on the front page for them at this time.

I do hope something is done about Arcane Explosion. I don't like the idea of it being our go to 2+ target ability because that's what it is right now. Barrage with Torrent is ridiculous right now. Any time I'm doing a fight where burst AoE is needed I'll be pumping everything I have into using Barrage with 4 charges which is fine but still too strong right now I think.

New build, with only 1 mage-related change:

Arcane Mages – Arcane Missiles proc logic changed; Arcane Blast is now the optimal way to generate Arcane Missiles charges, instead of spamming instants.

It's possible (actually, probable) that there are more changes, there usually are many that aren't mentioned in the build notes. That's just the biggest "under the hood" change. There'll be more specific spell iteration when the build is datamined.
    Though that said, I don't expect there'll be a great deal in this patch.

Maybe if we cross our fingers...... some spell effects? Please?

Part of Barrage's power is the artifact trait, though Torrent definitely adds a lot of power. To be fair, AE won't be 2+, it'll be 3+ with the current balancing, though that probably is still too low. Arcane shouldn't have cleave besides Tempest, though having decent aoe is fine. Having AE balanced around 4 or 5+ targets seems more reasonable. The artifact trait to increase the radius definitely seems good, though it does make it harder to avoid breaking cc. If cc is actually used in Legion, that is.

The fix to Missiles procs was necessary, as it was possible to cheese a 100% uptime on Quickening by spamming Tempest for Missiles, which let you regen for another Blast, which then could proc another Missiles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    Part of Barrage's power is the artifact trait, though Torrent definitely adds a lot of power. To be fair, AE won't be 2+, it'll be 3+ with the current balancing, though that probably is still too low. Arcane shouldn't have cleave besides Tempest, though having decent aoe is fine. Having AE balanced around 4 or 5+ targets seems more reasonable. The artifact trait to increase the radius definitely seems good, though it does make it harder to avoid breaking cc. If cc is actually used in Legion, that is.

The fix to Missiles procs was necessary, as it was possible to cheese a 100% uptime on Quickening by spamming Tempest for Missiles, which let you regen for another Blast, which then could proc another Missiles, etc.
    Maybe you guys found something different but I think Nether Tempest and Supernova are awful right now, they just don't do damage. The Artifact has very little to do with Arcane's potent AoE right now and everything to do with Barrage being strong and the talent Torrent being insane. Rebound does quite a bit but doesn't compare to Barrage.

It isn't technically true AoE though since it caps at 5 targets but I think the situations where you'll find mass AoE like that to be pretty rare.

Edit: With the current Arcane Missile changes I would agree that AB will possibly be worth casting on 2 targets unless you don't take Words of Power or one of the targets is high priority. AE is just too efficient a spell since it costs a global instead of 2.25 seconds and it does half the damage of AB on 1 target. It's also ~2/3 the mana of an AB so as soon as you have 2 targets you're doing equal damage to AB 2x as often for 2/3 the cost.
    Last edited by Incredimage; 2016-04-07 at 04:06 AM.

With Rebound there's supposed to be an explosion around each target hit, unless I've misread the ability or they're going to change it yet again. I'm fairly sure the explosion around each target is supposed to overlap, so that should lend itself to true aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    With Rebound there's supposed to be an explosion around each target hit, unless I've misread the ability or they're going to change it yet again. I'm fairly sure the explosion around each target is supposed to overlap, so that should lend itself to true aoe.
    They changed it a while back to explode 1 time (for 500% SP) if you hit more than 2 targets. It actually worked that way since arcane was unlocked, so that was just a tooltip change.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    They changed it a while back to explode 1 time (for 500% SP) if you hit more than 2 targets. It actually worked that way since arcane was unlocked, so that was just a tooltip change.
    Yeah I think the design of Barrage and Rebound are fine though Barrage with Torrent is pretty overturned. I'm worried about AE being too good and NT/SN being worthless. Hopefully these are all just tuning issues and they can be fixed but AE as a 2 target filler is concerning.