Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    Here in Sweden the municipal income tax where I live is 32.68%, another 20-25% that's a state income tax can be added depending on how much you earn. So, boohoo.
    Is it not a tax bracket thought? You dont get 50% on all your incomes. Just for example an extra 50% on any income past 150k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    No it's not. I rather tackle income inequality. This is the Canadian way.
    Before tackling income inequality, it wouldn't hurt to figure out where this inequality comes from. If we do that, we can clearly see that trying to "fix" the inequality by taking money away from the rich and sharing it with the poor actually has the effect contrary to the desired, since it promotes the behavior that make most poor poor, decreasing the net wealth of the society, its productiveness, etc.

Income inequality is not necessarily a bad thing - it really depends on specifics. Income inequality as a result of some people working harder than others, actually, is a healthy element in the economy, as it both urges the lazier people to work harder, and rewards those that do so. Income inequality as a result of corruption and broken market mechanics, however, is, indeed, harmful - hardly the case in Canada and the US, where corruption is WAY lower than in like 90% other countries.

I think the best system is the one that helps those who have valid reasons to not be able to work hard (due to health issues, for example), while leaving those who are poor "by choice" (i.e. lazy in life, unwilling to work much) to themselves and not rewarding them by giving them the money earned by others by hard work and effort.

For example, I am a pretty lazy person in life. I do my research job, but that's about it, I won't go over my head to achieve some extraordinary results: it is just my job, that isn't even my favorite thing in this life. I do not mind being on the poorer side of the economical spectrum. What I do mind is being a leech on people who actually work productively and benefit the country much more than I do.

Hope this all makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Is it not a tax bracket thought? You dont get 50% on all your incomes. Just for example an extra 50% on any income past 150k.
    Yeah, it's a tax bracket but if you're more than just a blue collar worker then it's hard to not reach the treshold. The treshold is at like 430k sek, which is like 52,000$.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    Yeah, it's a tax bracket but if you're more than just a blue collar worker then it's hard to not reach the treshold. The treshold is at like 430k sek.
    Well its pretty hard to hit it in canada, cost of living is pretty low too. You need to be a specialized doctor or more to hit the max. Taxes really arent that much of a public complain it canada. Doctors are public workers anyway, they have guarantee jobs for the governments, why complain?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-04-04 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Well here in the US I run my own business and Ill go to hell before I pay 25% of my income in taxes.
    Jesus. We pay more than that even if you earn the national average wage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Well its pretty hard to hit it in canada, cost of living is pretty low too. You need to be a specialized doctor or more to hit the max. Taxes really arent that much of a public complain it canada. Doctors are public workers anyway, they have guarantee jobs for the governments, why complain?
    I work with tradesmen who only make $60,000 a year. Doctors make a fuckton more, but I don't believe for a second that the amount of time spent in school should justify them making more. There are plenty of blue collar jobs where you can get extensive education and continual learning helps you be more versatile, yet it doesn't always reflect in your pay. Taxes are high in Ontario, along with absurd utilities because of the retards running the province
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2016-04-04 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    I know I said I would ignore you but this is laughable, I am not Knadra. I am a south korean who lives in Japan.

@Knadra
    Don't talk to Djalil if you want to keep your sanity.

I don't see why you even take them when they will cause problems.

I really can't decide if Tennisface is the most incredible troll known to man, or actually a 700lb pansexual attack helicopter genderfluid non binary furrykin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    By that logic we might as well not take any immigrants and just have our population shrink eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    In a few decades Canadian population would be majority retired... as of 2016 there is now more Canadian over 65 then under 15.

By that logic we might as well not take any immigrants and just have our population shrink eh?
    Absolutely. I'm very much in favor of a smaller population, locally, nationally, and globally. If you want to immigrate to Canada, go through the due process as every other immigrant has had to

um.. wasnt there a legal process to pass first? and something verify rapists arent embedded in said groups? better put up that wall on canada too

also if you arent letting them into YOUR home or YOUR neighborhood then you cant really say nothin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Absolutely. I'm very much in favor of a smaller population, locally, nationally, and globally. If you want to immigrate to Canada, go through the due process as every other immigrant has had to
    Those that have bombs exploding by their windows hardly have the ability to go through that process.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    It would be amazing if the entire planet adopted this mindset.

Imagine a planet where only 1 billion humans existed instead of 8 billion.

A much much better place to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Economically that makes no sense. The economy would tank hard. Canada is a country of immigrants and I love that it is.

Deleted
    Economically that makes no sense. The economy would tank hard. Canada is a country of immigrants and I love that it is.
    Socially, it makes perfect sense though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttravel123 View Post
    Socially, it makes perfect sense though.
    Elaborate? Canada is a country of immigrants. Unless you want us all to pack up and leave the country to Aboriginal peoples?

No because highly skilled immigrants can be a great asset to a country and when they have developed skills they have earned their way in. This doesn't hold true with Syrian refugees, many of whom are military age males who are partly radicalized or should be in Syria fighting for their country.