Deleted

Rogue PvP - Combat viable???

Dear MMO-Champs,

Recently I started PvP'ing again on my Warrior (as there's not much PvE wise to do) and was actually quite surprised how fast I was able to gear him. I now wanted to do the same with my Rogue to have a bit of PvP diversity. I have a lvl 100 Rogue and I wanted to start gearing him for PvP as well. Now I'm not a big Subtlety fan so I was wondering is the Combat spec any good for PvP?

I searched a bit but couldn't really find a guide anywhere. If there is one and you're able to point me in it's direction that would be appreciated too!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers,

Kentos

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Hey good question. I've just started doing exactly the same thing but as assassination. Planning on switching to combat once I have the gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Hey good question. I've just started doing exactly the same thing but as assassination. Planning on switching to combat once I have the gear.
    You're already planning on switching to combat once you have the gear? Meaning combat is PvP viable?? Do you know of any guides out there?

Cheers

I believe all rogue specs are viable. Combat more than viable last time i played. Granted that was almost a year ago now.

Used to hit 2100 in arenas with nonviable combat rogue in TBC. If you are good enough you can hit decent rating with anything.

Deleted
    Last time I checked the best rogue in 3's was still combat (EU), has been like 2 moths since then though.
    But all specs are viable I think, don't write off sub though, its extremely fun to play around with once you get the hang of it.

EDIT:

Highest rated player on EU is currently a combat rogue, so yeah its definitely viable.
    Last edited by mmocc29434e79e; 2016-04-04 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Last time I checked the best rogue in 3's was still combat (EU), has been like 2 moths since then though.
    But all specs are viable I think, don't write off sub though, its extremely fun to play around with once you get the hang of it.

EDIT:

Highest rated player on EU is currently a combat rogue, so yeah its definitely viable.
    Sweet! Was a little worried about the Bandit's Guile ability and deep insight taking to much time to "ramp up" and that without it you just wouldn't be able to do enough damage...

Will look into Sub as well but indeed it has a bit of a learning curve which is ok but in the meantime I'll play combat