Quote Originally Posted by Sikkd View Post
    Inspiring Presence is a good reason to bring in a Protection Warrior in the raid
    I say screw Inspiring Presence. If this becomes mandatory I'll be pissed, because I'm not giving up my Double Time for this nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
    I say screw Inspiring Presence. If this becomes mandatory I'll be pissed, because I'm not giving up my Double Time for this nonsense.
    meh how often do you really need to charge more then twice in a row? keep in mind heroic leap cooldown is going down aswell from artifact. i mean 3 charges per 17 seconds sounds great but how often do you really need it in a raid?

speaking of intercept, it shows as a lvl 72 spell on the talent calculator, hows that gonna work for leveling as prot? they get charge untill then or?
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-04 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
    Double Time looks like pure PvP talent

yeah maybe you don't need it every single fight, but it just looks like Inspiring Presence gonna be "mandatory" just as a raid buff, so even on high mobility fights raid is gonna expect to still have this, instead of Double Time. I just don't like this aspect of it.

I must say that another raid test and our damage, specially...... Neltharion's Fury with Battle Cry, man. I felt very safe with soaking all Annihilation damage and was topping meters on adds, guess this is where we will be nerfed.

The Il'yoththtltlt, eye boss was a bit more punishing but nothing we cannot handle with combination of CD's which comes back anyway. Was able to take maximum 4 stacks, but should be swapped at 2 anyway (with nice timer for Spell Reflect).

If they can come up with some solution how to deal with some shitty talents/traits, we should be really looking nice and tidy. If they won't screw up us during the nerf bat period...

Also that wowhead Flail animation, looking forward to that weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yse View Post
    I must say that another raid test and our damage, specially...... Neltharion's Fury with Battle Cry, man. I felt very safe with soaking all Annihilation damage and was topping meters on adds, guess this is where we will be nerfed.
    First of all, I'd be fine with Battle Cry only working on Warrior abilities, not (for example) Skullflame Shield and Engineering bombs.

Secondly, if they nerf our highly questionable artifact attack due to its damage on adds, when those adds need to be already in place, not moving, and we have to give up 3 seconds of attacks (see also: Revenge, Thunder Clap talents) to use it, then it goes from "clumsy and impractical" to "flat-out fucking useless" for damage, and they'd be better off designing something completely new from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    First of all, I'd be fine with Battle Cry only working on Warrior abilities, not (for example) Skullflame Shield and Engineering bombs.

Secondly, if they nerf our highly questionable artifact attack due to its damage on adds, when those adds need to be already in place, not moving, and we have to give up 3 seconds of attacks (see also: Revenge, Thunder Clap talents) to use it, then it goes from "clumsy and impractical" to "flat-out fucking useless" for damage, and they'd be better off designing something completely new from scratch.
    After actually testing on alpha I think you aren't giving the defensive benefits a fair judgement. The damage it does is outright absurd, and the defensive bonus does feel strong. I feel much more safe during those 3 seconds than I do any other time. Is it comparable to the other tank artifact abilities defensively? Probably not, but they definitely need to tone down the damage on it even if they change nothing else about it. Do I want to see it changed in other ways? Absolutely, but if they don't tone down the damage on it then we are going to get hurt in other areas even more. I want that even less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylunaria View Post
    After actually testing on alpha I think you aren't giving the defensive benefits a fair judgement.
    Wasn't talking about those. Was talking about the damage, which was the suggested nerfbait topic.

Yes, damage from that ability is way too big. I think it sometimes went even to 30% more than anything else. This ability was quite neat for adds on both raid bosses, but.. how many times I missed that because mobs moved that 1 yard away is atrocious. It's not ideal ability that's for sure, but so far I was very impressed by the damage it does. Which brings me to my point from above, nerfs. It won't stay like that, so it will be utterly crap. Is the cast ideal? Hell no! I doubt tho, they will do any change to it beside nerfing the damage.

I imagine that Blizzard's thinking behind our artifact ability is "it raises the skill cap to be able to use it effectively" - they want us to know exactly in the fight when to use it. I don't mind the channel as much; what bugs me is that moving cancels the effect, which is what makes this so useless in today's "move like crazy all the time" raid design. Moreso, with all the mob abilities I've seen that either stun or knock you back, you could easily lose all usefulness of this ability for reasons out of your control. If this was channeled, but not interruptible by stuns or movement, I would hate it a lot less. It wouldn't even be so bad if moving interrupted just the damage portion, but the critical block increase remained for three seconds after activation regardless of whether it was interrupted or not.

Since they seem intent on giving us an ability that keeps us from moving, I think something like this would be a better fit:

Phalanx: Enter a defensive posture, causing all incoming attacks to be critical blocks and generating 40 rage over 3 seconds. This ability slows your movement speed by 70% for it's duration.

You all think its "too big" because you compare it to the rest of prots dmg which is weak. Well, you shouldnt.

There are several specs that have similar artifact ability that does about same damage. For example survival hunter's Fury of The Eagle, except you can move while channeling it and use any other abilities during channeling too. Or WW monk's Strike of The Windlord that doesnt have to be channeled and does instant 1500% ap dmg to everyone around and slows. If you consider the fact that prot is stuck for 4 seconds while channeling Neltharion's Fury unable to use any other attacks or move, that its dmg radius is very short, it doesnt look so OP anymore. If they nerf NF's dmg, it wont be any better then Thunder Clap + Revenge combo and will be purely PvE thing for gaining crit block. High DPS on it now allows it to be used as damaging tool and actually be useful in PvP.
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2016-04-06 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    Agreed, considering the insane requirements to use Neltarions Fury in pvp requiring you to not only stand still but also have the target stunned and not yourself get CCed during its duration it needs to hit extremely hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guarded by the Light: Increases your block chance by 50%

What the hell is this? This can't possibly be right.

Guarded by the Light: Increases your block chance by 50%

What the hell is this? This can't possibly be right.
    Seems fine. They don't have any active way to increase their block chance. We get 100% block chance 75% of the time or more, and a lot of our blocks can crit. From what I hear, prot pallys are very very weak right now, almost as bad as blood DK (though DK just got talent changes).

I'm sad we got nothing. Zippo. Unless there was something undocumented. If they're changing nothing it seems like the least they could do would be to leave the old feedback thread open.
    Last edited by Beardyface; 2016-04-07 at 10:32 PM.

Haven't found a single change but I went really quickly thru talents/abilities (only lost a bit of IP value, but guess they fixing stats on gear slowly). Guess I will have to paste same thing over and over again until they do listen to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yse View Post
    Haven't found a single change but I went really quickly thru talents/abilities (only lost a bit of IP value, but guess they fixing stats on gear slowly). Guess I will have to paste same thing over and over again until they do listen to us.
    Out of curiosity, has there been any Blizz/blue response to anyone in the Prot Warrior forum about anything at all? I've been looking, but so far have found none.

Out of curiosity, has there been any Blizz/blue response to anyone in the Prot Warrior forum about anything at all? I've been looking, but so far have found none.
    Haven't talked to us, but have consistently applied our suggestions on some regards (whether they just came to that decision internally or listened to us is a whole different concept). Overall state of Prot warrior is good right now though, and the only changes needed are some QoL stuff. Talents are meh, but that is really about it now.

As above - never there has been a single reply to any of our posts/tweets and there was quite a bit of them. Although like Cylunaria said, they are somehow listening or.. coming to the same conclusion as us. In some regards they are very stubborn like Neltharion's Fury, Might of the Vyrkul, general talent tier 15/30 and Second Wind as being utterly crap.

We don't feel crippled without changes that we require tho, but on the long run we might suffer because of them as others having better traits in artifacts/talents will have better options/utilities for later raiding. Similar as it is now, we are very strong at start and then slowly falling down.

Deleted
    We still need to not gain rage from taking damage. They've scaled down its affect, but as long as it's still there we can't be balanced with the other tanks.

Each time Im thinking about rage and want to post about it in wow forums i get that meh, dont bother mode. I doubt they will go away from it at this stage..