10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    But the problem with buying them is "risk". Like every MMO to date, there is no "order" system (with down payments) where you can place an order with another player as supplier. Thus everything you create, you create at a risk.
    Well it's easy to observe the market you wish to enter into for a week to assess how prices fluctuate.
    From that you can extrapolate possible profit margins.

Sure if you try to sell high end gear it's always risky because these get bought rather rarely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    At this point, you have to TRY to not make money, seeing as how just playing the game makes money cascade on top of you, and poetics/esos come out your nose at firehose capacity. These conversations remind me of a couple of friends I have in game, who will make every single excuse as to why they won't do the relic ever. You give then an alternative, they have another excuse waiting.

You pretty much have to spend your entire time in game sitting in town doing absolutely nothing, avoiding all social play whatsoever with any friends, to not make at least some kind of progress on the relic.
    Well, how do you make money without being a gatherer/crafter? I've never had enough resources to do so. It's just too tedious for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Well, how do you make money without being a gatherer/crafter? I've never had enough resources to do so. It's just too tedious for me.
    Selling V / IV Materia from Void ark weekly / beast tribe quest would probably be your best shot as a non crafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Selling V / IV Materia from Void ark weekly / beast tribe quest would probably be your best shot as a non crafter.
    This also I made my odd bit of gil off songsheets and bardings. Levi Barding here goes for 300k I had 3 barbs and total cost of all the mats excluding clusters was what less than 20k maybe 20k? So that's 600k because I want one for me . Plus after the coffin lid 300k is nothing to me since from now I'm not gonna be a moron with gil. Saving for a 3.3 small or medium house.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-04-03 at 02:32 PM.

Try to look at your servers market board and see what items sell (that you don't need a crafting/gathering class for) and try to get those. For example Aqueous Whetstone on my server sell for 100k for a stack of 99. That costs 20k grand company seals which is nothing if you're doing your daily dungeons and turning in the gear. Its not a lot of money buts it is free money because you're probably already doing the content.

Of course this is on top of the already mentioned V Materia you get for free from Void Ark weekly. That's an easy 300k+ once a week.

Deleted
    Seems like the megathread has again shifted towards a discussion from people who log in for the expert and then log out cause there is "nothing interesting to do".
    Nothing to do here for a while then like a few weeks back

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Try to look at your servers market board and see what items sell (that you don't need a crafting/gathering class for) and try to get those. For example Aqueous Whetstone on my server sell for 100k for a stack of 99. That costs 20k grand company seals which is nothing if you're doing your daily dungeons and turning in the gear. Its not a lot of money buts it is free money because you're probably already doing the content.

Of course this is on top of the already mentioned V Materia you get for free from Void Ark weekly. That's an easy 300k+ once a week.
    ^This, theres always some ways to slowly make easy money, not gil cap money but easy.

-do your beast tribes every day for 12 materia that sell from 10k to 100k each based on server. Thats at least 840k per week.
    -do void ark for a materia that goes for 100k-300k. Thats at least 940k per week if you do both.
    -if you have no class that can farm mats check the market and traders. Thingslike sun lemons or iron ore can be bought for 20gil each and sold for 400gil each, as long as you dont flood the market and just throw a stack a day thats 40k+ per day. Thats 280k+ and thats 1.2 mil per week from one stack of items, an hour of beast tribes and a void ark clear per week.

Thats just scraping the surface. Level 30-40 crafting mats like lumber and ore can be even better, and things like the vath now give mythrite nuggets that are pretty time consuming to farm and craft and things like that based on server can be a bonus too.

Just do lots of little things here and there and it all adds up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Seems like the megathread has again shifted towards a discussion from people who log in for the expert and then log out cause there is "nothing interesting to do".
    Well the amount of patch content isn't exactly huge. So naturally, after 2-3 weeks, the long term grinds is all that remains next to raiding.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Nothing to do here for a while then like a few weeks back
    /sigh

It's always like this with themepark MMOs. Wish SE will add more sandbox elements. We have a few like housing ... that is broken for 99% of the player base. Our retainers are ... simple. More simple than WoW's follower system and definitely simpler than Black Desert Online's system.

Our progression is gated by gear available. Provide by vendors and as raid drops. Vendor gear can be acquired fairly quick due to it being a catch mechanic for raiders thus has a short life span. Raid drops are gated to once a week. Once you have done the raids, there is nothing else you can do to advance.

Everything else you do is pretty much "for the lulz". At least the game is aesthetically pleasing, so even as you do routine stuff like Hunts and Beast Tribe dailies for gil and extras, you get to enjoy the view - that said, even that will get old sooner or later.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Our retainers are ... simple. More simple than WoW's follower system and definitely simpler than Black Desert Online's system.
    I'd like for my (rather adorable) retainer to be visible when not on duty. That would be nice.
    maybe even going on missions together or something like that.

If you can believe it, I made 15m today in sales and spent 20m, although that isn't a typical day for me. I average much closer to 5-10m earned each day and much less spent. Today was a materia melding day for me.
    That's not really the experience for most players, which is more reliant on luck via drops or things like materia iv and v being "in season" on the market board with the specific known way of getting them (which is also the reason prices on materia iv have dropped on most servers), plus the relatively paltry payouts of a few thousand gil here and there for roulettes and challenge logs. If you don't gather and craft, the gil hardly cascades...and for some, gathering or crafting holds absolutely no interest despite it being a reliable source of income (once you've put the time in).

Now, if you do put in the time to gather and craft and get those leveled up, it becomes much easier to make gil, and once you have gil unless you're completely irresponsible with it then it becomes easier to make even more. The whole "it's hard till you make your first million" type idea.

Getting over that first hill, though, can be a challenge for many players...and I honestly feel like those who are wealthy in-game have lost that perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly, the Materia IV market on my server has dropped significantly due to the beast tribe quests. It's still around 20k gil per quest on average for the desirable ones...but before the change, the desired Materia IV were hovering around 100k.

Agreed that Materia V is still a good option, though if other servers are like mine you want to sell it close to the weekend, as the price reliably dips just after reset when most who are gonna sell are getting theirs and listing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Materia IV plummeted HARD. I remember selling IV Det for 600-800K in ARR. :X

Yeah Materia IV plummeted HARD. I remember selling IV Det for 600-800K in ARR. :X
    I remember gawking at those prices, wondering just where I could those items to sell and feeling like I'd be set for life I sold one, when I first started.

Best I get now is 40k or so for Savage Might IV.

15+ Year Old Account
    Savage Might IV: 8,700
    Savage Aim IV: 10,500

On Balmung. :\

Also why don't the newest 4 dungeons (anti tower - pharos HM) drop gil? :s
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-04-03 at 10:07 PM.

grade IV are still between 30-40 on gilgamesh. not quite the 1 mil a day i was making when the patch first dropped but still easy gil.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question:

Does removing of materia still carry the risk of destroying your gear?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Well I'll be honest. My reasons for not wanting a damage meter are completely selfish. I came from WoW, like a lot of people. Specifically a raiding guild where mistakes were penalized and people were heavily scrutinized. After a couple of years of that, I grew out of wanting someone else looking at how I play a game and telling me--or advising me on how to do it. I don't play games for others to--essentially--be backseat gamers.

When I'm playing the game, sometimes--most of the time--I'm playing like crap. Often, because there's a lot of things I'm keeping track of, and it's easy to lose sight of some of them if I'm trying not to die, or if I'm just distracted by something happening on my end. I don't have a LOT going on around me, but sometimes I want to run a dungeon knowing full well that I don't have to be at 100%. Sometimes I want to play at 60%, sometimes less. And it's relaxing to know that whatever I contribute isn't going to be a severe detriment to the group as a whole. Because I like being around others--even virtually. It's why I enjoy group content. Because I've never met people who I can play MMOs with.

But having a tool around--widely used--which gives another player the ability to scrutinize my play, and then "offer" their advice on how to do it "better", is intrusive in a way I'm not comfortable with. Maybe it's because I don't take these games as seriously anymore? Or, maybe I'm lazy. Maybe I just like the idea that, even though I'm playing these games essentially alone, I don't have to abide by anyone's rules but the game's.

It's late, I dunno.
    So it's ok for you to ruin my dungeon experience but not ok for me to ruin yours? See, this is one of the reasons I just plain stopped playing. When I did play, I have limited time to play. I want to log in, get some stuff done and log out. If you are playing at 60%, the dungeon takes longer. I don't have time for that. If you don't feel like performing at at least 90% of what you can, then do not group with others. Play by yourself where it does not affect others. Do open world stuff.

Why is it ok for you to waste other people time? Seriously, if you have a healer who is not DPSing and DPS performing at 60%, that run is going to take near 40% longer than it should. I don't have time for that.

In short, this is team based gameplay, if you are not bringing your game to team content, you are wasting the rest of the teams time. If you don't feel like performing the best you can, don't bring other people down, play by yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    People have provided many good options here. But honestly crafting/gathering is going to be your best way to get disposable income. Even at low levels you can make bank off low level mats.

I just don't understand people who feel so strongly against the relic. It's time consuming, but still possible to advance it even with only minor effort each day.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh...

...if there's a pass/fail problem in play, then I could get irritated. But when my pug roulette run of Sastasha isn't a speedrun because some of the people are kinda bad? Really? I'm supposed to get mad about that? Meh.
    Tbh anyone who cries about a healer not doing dps in low levels like that is a bloody tryhard. It really isn't a big deal. Hell max level dungeons these days take like no effort to complete especially Lost City HM. Infact nearly all of that dungeon for me is mindless AOE as BLM.

- - - Updated - - -

People have provided many good options here. But honestly crafting/gathering is going to be your best way to get disposable income. Even at low levels you can make bank off low level mats.

I just don't understand people who feel so strongly against the relic. It's time consuming, but still possible to advance it even with only minor effort each day.
    I don't either. Relic is optional. Do it or don't. Yoshi ain't got a gun to my head saying "GET YOUR GODDAMN BARD RELIC".

I'd like for my (rather adorable) retainer to be visible when not on duty. That would be nice.
    maybe even going on missions together or something like that.
    Yoshida has talked about some system with retainers. They teased that they were evaluating FFXII's gambit system when thinking about what they can do with retainers.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing to be sure you're doing is retainer quick ventures. Yes, it's hit or miss, but those "Oh, my retainer just brought me a 1 million gil item" hits are sure nice.

If you only get one gathering class up and have your retainer up, you can also have them gathering lower level mats with ventures to sell.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-04-04 at 02:32 PM.