• Jaina Proudmoore

11 3.03%
  • Wrathion

161 44.35%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    You can ignore love but not sexuality. Even the most opportunitic marriage needs sex as a deterrent. If you remove even that from the equation the bitterness would become unbearable and all you'll get is Anduin cheating his wife and viceversa, which could work but only as long no one finds out anything about it.
    And that's why they are better off making him straight. I mean, mistresses and favorites were part of the history of monarchy, but WoW is not a good setting to explore convoluted love affairs. They are already bad enough with the few "legit" love stories they have (Malfurion/Tyrande, Go'el/Aggra, etc.). If they decide to make him gay, well, that technically means that Blizzard wants to put an end to House Wrynn as rulers of Stormwind. There are more interesting ways to do that.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCrawdad View Post
    Aren't most of the women in the poll at least 40ish? Not saying that, that couldn't work, but gotta think of how to get an heir.

Lorna Crowley is nice though... so.. eh.
    lorna and greymane are around 20ish.

yrel is the draenei equivalent of a 17 - 20 year old i think. she's anywhere from 40ish - 200 years old since she was born on draenor. if you look at the inn keeper in telaar in outland nagrand, she's a little girl in draenor, so that shows you that they grow from little ones into mature adults within a 40ish year time span.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-04-03 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    And that's why they are better off making him straight. I mean, mistresses and favorites were part of the history of monarchy, but WoW is not a good setting to explore convoluted love affairs. They are already bad enough with the few "legit" love stories they have (Malfurion/Tyrande, Go'el/Aggra, etc.). If they decide to make him gay, well, that technically means that Blizzard wants to put an end to House Wrynn as rulers of Stormwind. There are more interesting ways to do that.
    Indeed. But honestly these assumptions are unsubstantiated anyway. Basically it's all about Anduin not looking "manly" enough (which has absolutely nothing to do with sexual orientations) and the obsession of some towards the WrathionXAnduin pairing which is dumb and unnecessary.

In The Shattering Anduin has almost a boner looking at a particularly cute draenei female. That's more than enough to seal the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    You have my unreserved apologies. I read somewhere that there's quite a time skip between WoD and Legion, in the region of 5 years, not one.
    Source? I'm completely fine with being proven wrong! I just hadn't seen something like that, so I was working off the usual average for expac years.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    That would kinda prove how weak, egoistic and an unworthy King Anduin is.
    Uhm, why? There's nothing saying he couldn't name an heir before he dies. Picking an heir that you judge would make a great leader one day, rather than arbitrarily just letting it pass to your first-born, who might be far from the ideal candidate for the position (or in the case of Geoffrey in Game of Thrones terrible!), is hardly weak or egoistic. That's a clear example of strength and the selflessness. And as to Anduin being unworthy to be King... not idea why you think that. He is the legitimate heir and he seems to be a wise guy, seems pretty worthy to me. Though sure, he isn't a strong-man like Trump, Putin or Hitler. Is that what's wrong? Seems like every other guy is that kind of guy these days, so just taking a chance here of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Gay kings have traditionally married and produced an heir for the sake of the kingdom. Hasn't kept them from having as many concubines (of whatever variety they favor) as they can afford.

- - - Updated - - -

Anduin/Sylvannas could solve the whole "Sylvannas is lonely and depressed" issue.

- - - Updated - - -

And just think how cute the little forsaken brides maids would be!
    When you say traditionally you mean in real life. This isn't real life, so who knows what the norm for that is in the Warcraft universe. Regardless, Anduin doesn't have to follow the norm. If he successfully leads the Army of the Light to victory over the Burning Crusade, he can do whatever the fuck he wants in that department and nobody will give a shit because he will be a legend among Kings as far as the people of Stormwind is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Throughout the Westfall questline, when she was masquerading (partially) as "Hope Saldean", Vanessa was clearly shown to be an extremely kind person. In fact, she reformed the Defias not through the manipulation by dragons or any sinister or selfish motivations as Edwin had, instead just for revenge for having to watch her father murdered and much of Stormwind's commoners grow homeless without any action from the king himself.

In truth, Vanessa was just misguided the entire time. She wasn't necessarily wrong, she just didn't understand that at the time, the Wrynns couldn't do much to help because of the current world crisis of Cataclysm at the time. That's why her story sucked so much. She died, the Defias fell apart and not only did the original wrongdoing that befell the masons of Stormwind never resolve, but we were also forced to kill a teenage girl who didn't really want anything but good for her people.

She hated Varian due to the bad blood between her father and Varian - Edwin being a part of the masons that were not paid thanks to Onyxia - but she has no such grudges against Anduin. I could absolutely see her attempt to take Anduin's life out of revenge only to be surprised by his much softer nature. Anduin is very likely going to be more of a "for the people" type of king than Varian was, so he would almost definitely be more sympathetic and cooperative towards someone like her than Varian ever was. It would perfectly end the as of yet unresolved Defias story very securely.

I feel like it's almost written out perfectly, but knowing Blizzard they probably won't do it.
    Wasn't she secretly making most of the problems worse, so she could rile up the people with greater ease?

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    i voted for wrathion but i have to wonder, how old is he at this point? lil bit creepy let's be honest. he's probably even younger in dragon years. anduin, cradle snatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Wasn't she secretly making most of the problems worse, so she could rile up the people with greater ease?
    Not that I'm aware of, or if it had then it must've been very cleverly hidden or in a novel I didn't read. Even her subordinates, as we saw through the end of heroic Deadmines, weren't genuinely evil and were simply thugs and outcasts who needed something to band together under.

The worst thing she did was form a gang and have the Furlbrows assassinated, and the latter of which she mentioned that she regretted having to do. I wouldn't say she's a good character but in a world like the Warcraft universe, she'd definitely fall on the nicer side of enemies we've fought.

Deleted
    I would hope that Anduin dies quickly and the Alliance gets again an alliance leader.

Even you guys can't deny, it's pretty unfair. The Horde has the most anti-Alliance leader, the Alliance gets the neutral guys who would prefer to let all of his people suffer, be raped and killed than hurting some poor, poor Orcs.

I would hope that Anduin dies quickly and the Alliance gets again an alliance leader.

Even you guys can't deny, it's pretty unfair. The Horde has the most anti-Alliance leader, the Alliance gets the neutral guys who would prefer to let all of his people suffer, be raped and killed than hurting some poor, poor Orcs.
    yeah they has given us a decent king for some years and now we must suffer for eternity while they get saurfang+Sylvanas, which is the most possible badass combination. Who knows, maybe the new king of stormwind will go neutral. With All of Stormwind, why not. And do not forget Turalyon, Khadgar, Alleria, Magni, who will all go neutral.
    Last edited by Octavius; 2016-04-04 at 09:42 AM.

You know with all the rampant support of Wrathduin I have to make sure that I'm not missing anything in lore am I?
    Like there is actually nothing in the game or novels that suggests that they have any kind of remotely romantic feelings for one another and that it is in fact more of a 'I get your point of view and to a degree even respect where you're coming from but I disagree with them' kind of thing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    You know with all the rampant support of Wrathduin I have to make sure that I'm not missing anything in lore am I?
    Like there is actually nothing in the game or novels that suggests that they have any kind of remotely romantic feelings for one another and that it is in fact more of a 'I get your point of view and to a degree even respect where you're coming from but I disagree with them' kind of thing, right?
    Only that Wrathion seems to have a fascination with Anduin, visiting him often, and the two seem to enjoy hanging out even when they aren't on the same side of an issue.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

i assume they all choose wrathion as a joke, just because of that wrathion/anduin gay thing so, very trustful results.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all

Quote Originally Posted by Elynis View Post
    *Wrong answer buzzer noise* As per visual guide, Jaina was born 3 years BDP, and was 33 during the events of MoP, given that most expansions are about 2 years a piece, she would be 35-37ish by the end of WoD, and 38 in Legion.

Calia is stated to be two years older than Arthas, so born 6 years BDP, so...37ish during MoP, add a few years for WoD, she would be 39-42ish in Legion.

Both would be capable of having children with the proper care of a good healer, however its highly likely that Jaina's been sterilized after being splashed by a mana bomb.

...Ooooh...my nerd was showing there...quite a lot...
    Why would the Manabomb sterelize her? Its Just stored arkane energie aplified by the focusing iris, so if arcane energy sterelizes well.. i feel sorry for all the mages.

So here are some who wants Sylvanas, wich is not going to work, neither will Lillian Voss. There both pretty much living dead and cant reproduce. Witch is something you want the queen being able to do.

Vanessa van Cleef, whline maybe having had the best in mind for her People, is the Leader of the Defias. That Criminal organisation that is responsible for the death of Tiffin Wrynn, a Queen that was loved by the People of Stormwind. None, of the Hose of Nobles of Stormwind would accept that marriage, neither would the people of Stormwind.

Calia holds no political power, while she is the heir to Lordearon the Kindgom no longer exists. Even worse, the Capital is most likley drowned in the plague so healing the lands will take ages.

Jaina is most likely off the table, as she probably has nothing to do with Kul Tiras anymore. has lost Theramore, and has no saying for herself in Dalaran as the Council of six are pretty much a part of the goverment

Yrel is of the Table. Shes the leader of her people ind the AU Dreanor.

Lorana is pretty much like Vanessa just a siple person with no political power (she ofcors dosn't have the whole defias stigma)

Wrathion... well. DEspite being male, so not able to give birth to offspring, he's a Dragon. Taht interracial probably wont work out even if Wrathion was somehow a female

Tess, is probably the best option, while Gilneas is fallen at The moment and The Capital being hit by the plague as long as i remember. It should be possible to retake it ad clense it. The plague contermination should be noweher that of lordearon plus it doesnmt have a capital of undead beneathe it. Also a lot Of Gilnean People have survived as still pledge their alligance to Genn Greymahne impliing that they still see him as their king. So marrinmg Anduin to Tess would be the best solution.
    This space could contain your signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote would have gone to a new character that no one has seen yet and preferably female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    yeah they has given us a decent king for some years and now we must suffer for eternity while they get saurfang+Sylvanas, which is the most possible badass combination. Who knows, maybe the new king of stormwind will go neutral. With All of Stormwind, why not. And do not forget Turalyon, Khadgar, Alleria, Magni, who will all go neutral.
    I would love if some day people understand how hilariously flawed is the belief "X character has gone neutral because he doesn't sweat hatred for the Horde" implying that what entirely defines an Alliance character is how much he/she hates the Horde. Quite underwhelming, if that was truly the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly there is only one person who should take andys virginity - zombie garrosh. Necro yaoi is what this series really needs.

Tess Greymane

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Alleria should have never been a surprise. She went through the Dark Portal for the sake of her people.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Alleria should have never been a surprise. She went through the Dark Portal for the sake of her people.
    And to shot orcs. Yes, we can say the same for turalyon, even if the n1 paladin should be alliance like the n1 shaman si clearly horde. Yeah, the n1 druid is alliance in theory, but little in practice. Anyway this is a discussion we've done 200 times, like all the philosophy around Sylvanas and Lordaeron and company.
    But I have really enought to be left with less and less decent leaders, this new Anduin+graymane alliance is too much for me to bear. At least give Tyrande leadership.

to @Zulkhan your comment is pointless as mine, I don't really point what defines an alliance character, and if we want I can say you that I've heard for years from too many characters things implying that basically what makes an orc a true orc is their hatred for the alliance. And come on, the horde has far less leaders gone neutral, can we make a list?
    Alliance-Neutral:
    Alleria (Acceptable)
    Turalyon (Less acceptable)
    Malfurion (In practice, and even in the lore itself, he has little business in darnassus, he's all in cenarion circle stuff)
    Magni
    Khadgar
    Rhonin, he was originally alliance.
    Tirion as Rhonin but who cares and hell yes, he was betrayed by the alliance.
    Calia but yes, Lordaeron is no more.
    And there are more but now in Europe is around 1 am and I'm a tired to remember. But I'm pretty sure the horde has less leaders gone in the evil twist of neutrality. Hell, the opposite for malfurion being semineutral should be thrall who is heavy heavy heavy into horde business, he chooses warchiefs and leads expeditions to worlds.
    Now we have too this rediculous Anduin-rule with (apparently) no change in behavior from anduin himself, so he will stay for the time being semineutral making the first kingdom of the alliance something very confusing in the process (or not governing it at all in truth if stormwind will manage to mantain its main role as alliance military power). It's a little too much to bear, I'm still suffering from the theramore thing for which the Horde as opposite lost what? CAMP TAURAJO? Yet the Hillsbrad-Silverpine campaign has more sense to me, it's a realistic result of a war given the previous situation in Lordaeron. While no one still seems to care in rebuilding Gilneas, much less logical.
    Last edited by Octavius; 2016-04-04 at 11:43 PM.