Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

I do this every week on all 3 of those classes. Shadow priest for sure. while the others can burn things quicker dp keeps you at full hp always. I only use the lock in destro with grim of sac and i can heal effectively as well but i prefer the spriest. Mage is a fast killer but doesn't have much healing outside of iceblock on spine when you need to be topped off.

anyway they're all very easy to solo it all with.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a shadow priest, insane self healing makes Cataclysm content a yawner.

Also, DoTs >>> Beth'tilac 25H. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    OMG I forgot about druid, how the... Now that I think of it, still think monk is better, maybe a tie?
    Guardian and BrM might be pretty close, but WW doesn't have near as much self-healing as Feral has, so it depends on how hard the enemy hits, and Feral has much better burst as well, potentially allowing them to kill bosses faster and thus taking less damage as a result. (If surviving isn't an issue then it's probably also a wash between them since they both have great mobility for moving through the instance quickly.)

Quote Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
    Edit: Also, which spec is best for lock for solo? Demon?
    I'd personally go Destro with GoSup Void Lord.

The Void Lord can probably take as much damage as old raids could possible through at it and Destro has the easiest on-demand AoE (in my opinion). (Then again. The thing that replaces Hand of Gul'dan while in Meta probably one-shots all ads in sight.) Honestly, I'm just a fan of Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Guardian and BrM might be pretty close, but WW doesn't have near as much self-healing as Feral has, so it depends on how hard the enemy hits, and Feral has much better burst as well, potentially allowing them to kill bosses faster and thus taking less damage as a result. (If surviving isn't an issue then it's probably also a wash between them since they both have great mobility for moving through the instance quickly.)
    Noted, since I don't have a monk that was purely a guess. I don't want to derail this topic, but you make a strong case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having cleared Cata raids with every single class, Priest is by far the worst. An arcane mage is actually the best class overall, if it has ~2% leech.

This is speaking for characters between ilv645-665. The Priest is still awful even at 680. A 1-button full heal can't overcome certain raid mechanics. Dps can though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohannon View Post
    Lock most def. Voidwalker, Passive self healing, pretty foolproof.
    Came to write this... Warlock is #1 cloth solo king
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    As the game stands right now? Warlock, by far. Mages have pretty shitty survivability, and spriests damage is kinda meh. Warlock has the best of both worlds with comparable damage to mages and better self reliance than spriest.

This is without any leech at all of course. With some leech, arc mage is pretty good (and fire mage. Dat scorch spam +D)
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

What about 25m heroic shannox in firelands? I imagine you need to be a warlock so your pets can peel rageface off you. If you don't dps fast enough as a s priest you'll get your face mauled off when rageface pounces you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
    What about 25m heroic shannox in firelands? I imagine you need to be a warlock so your pets can peel rageface off you. If you don't dps fast enough as a s priest you'll get your face mauled off when rageface pounces you.
    Couldn't a mage Blink out of it? And a priest's DoTs would probably kill it before it could kill you. Assuming that it doesn't just melt before it gets the chance to use that ability, anyway. Even on heroic they don't have all that much health compared to how much damage a decently-geared level 100 player can deal with the legacy buff.

Deleted
    Up to cataclysm you just kill bosses so fast, class doesnt matter. Add some leech to be sure nothing can kill you no matter your gear.

In MoP, shadow and mage have their problems as you need sufficient gear to kill stuff faster than it kills you. Lock would be the safest there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've attempted to farm with all of them. So far, hands down, the lock wins.

Especially in the older instances where we get that non stat-squished buff, just take Soul Leech and you won't take any damage.

I find that Destro is best for it, though that could be because I've never played Demo before lol. But you get good AoE, and deal amazing damage.

I liked affliction on 25H Deathchin because of Spine. Since you have to constantly move, it was better to just dot up everything and forget about it, then unload once the plate opens. I mean, it was still totally doable as destro, I just had a better time doing it as afflic.

The fact that their AoE is fire and forget too is a major plus over other classes that have to either cast or channel their AoE spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

the only cloth class I've ever really done old content with is my lock. the extra tank/heals option seems to be pretty popular.

It seems alot of people dont kill kazzak on there alt's. That trinket makes mage the best clothie by far. Renember mage has hero on all pull's along with normal CD's....so powerful,just like ret pala has huge CD's.

Best overall is feral druid trough. Its down to the different movement speed's that makes them just slight bit faster for especially places in-door where you cant mount.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Affliction Lock.

You are immortal even without a pet. Just spam Drain Life.

But the pet never dies. And even if it does, you can resummon it instantly once a minute, otherwise it's a 6 second cast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warlock by far! But after that, its proberly Shadow priest... I think.

Warlock. I have an affliction warlock shes only around 75 but I have all the heirlooms except the rings I go with the Pet Sac talent to avoid pet management. She does 7500-10,000 Crits 1 shotting the mobs and 2 shotting the elites around her level. Ive killed players higher levels than I on that character who also had heirlooms like they were made of paper. Not an ounce of skill involved just Fears and damage.

Disc priest can solo really well but it can take some time to kill things your level. I switched between disc and shadow while leveling my priest in Wod. For areas where there was lots of mobs I needed to be Disc or when enemy players were around I have no idea how to play shadow and shadow alone in pvp usually bad news.

I went shadow to defeat a single enemy or elite enemy with a lot of health. Any class with healing capability would be fit for soloing for a non healing non hybrid class I can only think of Tanks and hunters. Many specs are good at soloing just not Rogues. If your a rogue and you get outnumbered or battered while low hp your only option is to vanish which resets the fight in pve.

Rogues do have the advantage of sneaking past and skipping many mobs which can make the leveling experience enjoyable. Also rogues are insanely fun in pvp even when they are underdogs when played well you can destroy most other classes especially under level cap. Rogues just don't have a lot of healing our 1 heal is not very effective while taking damage since they removed the talent that provided a damage reduction on top of recuperate and increased its healing. We also have stuns of course but when you cast Kidney Shot you just spent 5 combo points on non damage and 25 energy. I like to cheap shot then Marked for death Kidney total 7 seconds of stun 7.5 with cheap glyph.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2016-04-05 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Pretty sure druid would be better at soloing than monk. While monks would be a great choice too, druids have better self-sustainability as both Guardian (for anything too hard-hitting to handle as a DPS) and as Feral.
    No way, monks are godlike. Arguably better than DKs. You can solo current expansion raid bosses and half of mythic dungeons.

warlock by far ... it's the only 1 of the 3 that ends up being able to solo some current raid content with good gear (i.e. normal raid boss solos with mythic gear from the same instance). You can solo far more stuff on a warlock than either of the others