Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What do you think things will be like 20 years from now?
    Like it was 20 years ago and 20 years before that. Neither will integrate into a cohesive society.

Yes the us should withdraw from the Middle East and kick our aipac and the Saudi lobby

hardly surprising. both sides suck as far as I'm concerned. I'd be content to write off the whole middle east as "not gonna fucking touch that" territory, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    hardly surprising. both sides suck as far as I'm concerned. I'd be content to write off the whole middle east as "not gonna fucking touch that" territory, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.
    Vote Trump, he's going to get us out of NATO too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Why are the Jews allowed to isolate themselves but Germany can't...

God damn it grandpa was right
    And tell us what Grandpa was right about.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Vote Trump, he's going to get us out of NATO too.
    I'd rather we adjust our position in global politics, not destroy it completely. no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    And tell us what Grandpa was right about.
    He questions the holocaust so you can guess what type of response you'll get back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    On paper maybe. The last UN resolution to end settlements (supported by the EU) was vetoed by the USA which is the best indication of their actual position on the matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft_...tlements,_2011
    No it isn't.
    Their political position is distinct from the actual legal position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    I can't wait until arabs in Europe will start claiming pieces of land as their own, and call it occupied lands.
    with the influx of imported arabs this is just an eventuality.
    Just one major flaw - You are the Arabs in that analogy.
    there was someone who tried to solve that problem, cant recall it though...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    He questions the holocaust so you can guess what type of response you'll get back
    Oh I know, I just want to see if he has the balls to be upfront about his "bias".

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Friedman is a recognized expert on the middle east who writes for the NY Times. Like most Jews in the US he's always been left wing and mostly pro-Israel.

He's claiming the 2 state solution is dead and there's nothing the US can do about it. He's also said that the US should pull out of Israel, that we're causing more problems there than helping.

Much more here

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/10/op...solutions.html

Start with Israel. The peace process is dead. It’s over, folks, so please stop sending the New York Times Op-Ed page editor your proposals for a two-state solution between Israelis and Palestinians. The next U.S. president will have to deal with an Israel determined to permanently occupy all the territory between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea, including where 2.5 million West Bank Palestinians live.

How did we get there? So many people stuck knives into the peace process it’s hard to know who delivered the mortal blow. Was it the fanatical Jewish settlers determined to keep expanding their footprint in the West Bank and able to sabotage any Israeli politician or army officer who opposed them? Was it right-wing Jewish billionaires, like Sheldon Adelson, who used their influence to blunt any U.S. congressional criticism of Bibi Netanyahu?

Or was it Netanyahu, whose lust to hold onto his seat of power is only surpassed by his lack of imagination to find a secure way to separate from the Palestinians? Bibi won: He’s now a historic figure — the founding father of the one-state solution.

And Hamas is the mother. Hamas devoted all its resources to digging tunnels to attack Israelis from Gaza rather than turning Gaza into Singapore, making a laughingstock of Israeli peace advocates. And Hamas launched a rocket close enough to Tel Aviv’s airport that the U.S. banned all American flights for a day, signaling to every Israeli, dove or hawk, what could happen if they ceded the West Bank.

But Hamas was not alone. The Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, sacked the only effective Palestinian prime minister ever, Salam Fayyad, who was dedicated to fighting corruption and proving that Palestinians deserved a state by focusing on building institutions, not U.N. resolutions.

They all killed the two-state solution. Let the one-state era begin. It will involve a steady low-grade civil war between Palestinians and Israelis and a growing Israeli isolation in Europe and on college campuses that the next U.S. president will have to navigate.
    Why in the world should we be taking the NY Times seriously on this topic? They are heavily biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is something from reddit

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...787310,00.html

Netanyahu dares Abbas to meet: 'I’ve cleared my schedule for the week'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post

GoblinP, you have already proven you know nothing of the history of Israel in many threads
    I know more than you apparently.
    , and that you are anti-israel.
    Gods no, I'm anti the whole fucking issue.
    i don't know why you care so much for the Palestinians, but just get this into your head:
    "Palastinians" have been attacking jews even before israel existed.
    Ah the historical argument - Never heard that one before.

they attacked jews before the settlements existed. and they will keep attacking jews until forever.
    Yes the state of Israel and its displacement of millions of Palestinians did in no way induce violence towards the invaders no.

you wanna stop the war in israel? you better first deal with Iran, who's behind hamas.
    I seem to recall a decade ago when it wasn't hamas you had to negotiate with ...

the palastinian people are brain washed to think israel are the enemy, just like the people in north korea think the rest of the world is.
    Except Israeli state is actively making sure the Palestinian state does not exist.

I agree its a mess. Just leave. I know Israel is a democracy and closest ally but there is a now win situation. Friedman described both sides very succinctly and on point.

Why would an imperial power "pull out" from one of its frontier proxies?

Settlers and settlements have nothing to do with peace process, its just an excuse. It is an excuse to blame Israel/Jews on whatever is bad in the world today. Israel is to blame for the palestinian situation (even though its WAY better than any other non-oil muslim country) Israel is to blame on paris bombing, it is to blame on yemen war, on syria war, on iraq war, on egypt war in sinaia. Some even blame Israel for the global warming.

When you already found the one to blame then you don't need to look further. You don't need to check Jihad mentality, you don't need to check what the palestinians are saying (want ENTIRE FUCKING LAND), you already "found" the problem. You just need to make this problem (Israel) disappear or force them to do shit you would never agree to yourself.

This speaker explains it better than I do on a lefti convention called "Israel is destroying itself with its settlement policy" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRa9_PEMHVw

I actually been today in a talk by this woman - she is very impressive.

Luckily, we live in an era where we can see the fall of Europe by Muslim (semi) non-violent conquest. I just wonder if EU will take its own advise when they will be in Israel's position (and they WILL be in Israel's position, make no mistake).

It is also quite funny to see how all the Europeans and US leftist all know so much more on this subject than the Israelis who lived here in Israel for decades and served the army. It would make half sense if these people were maybe smarter or something, but you compare them to Jews, Its MUCH more likely a random Jew will be smarter than your random European/American.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Jordan

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    The two state solution was never an option. The region will only know peace once Israel's settlers fully assimilate the west bank into greater Israel. The Gaza strip issue is more tricky to solve since Israel has ruined their chance of annexation through settlement.
    Yeah I mean at least the Israelis are different compared to the other people in the Middle East (democracy), the Palestinians are just another group of dogmatic muslims who think they're special because they have a different name than their neighbours when in reality they're exactly the same, actually they might be worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

This sort of conflict has sorted itself out through history is a very simple manner: One group eradicates the other. This is not being allowed to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    This sort of conflict has sorted itself out through history is a very simple manner: One group eradicates the other. This is not being allowed to happen.
    Damn lefties!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Does that disappoint you?