Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I think ill do Co-Op with the NPC's but I highly dought ill Co-Op with players on my first run.

Just don't want XxXPwnnubs564XxX carrying me on a kill lol.
    Ehh carry or not, it relieves a lot of stress if you have someone else with you to tackle stuff. Then again I have this habit ingrained in me form Final Fantasy where i'll farm the crap out of areas and be way over level for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Ehh carry or not, it relieves a lot of stress if you have someone else with you to tackle stuff. Then again I have this habit ingrained in me form Final Fantasy where i'll farm the crap out of areas and be way over level for the next one.
    That is quite true.

Bloodborne is the only game I went at the boss's solo before Co-Op. Now ill admit for the DLC I did Co-Op them due to being on NG+ and I still feel NG+ is shitty in BB.

Hey as long as people enjoy the game play it however you wish (as long as it doesn't have a negtive effect on others). If it becomes to much of a pain in the ass I may Co-Op with players. I loved DS2 because of Co-Oping with people and fighting the boss's. It feels like epic to have you and a few others tackle a hard boss together.

I hope Co-Oping is abit easyer in DS3 compared to the ones before it. BB was much better IMO then DS1/2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Agreed. Most people I've co-op'd with in BB take the time to fully clear areas with me and show me where stuff is around the area, which is a great help as I generally back track after the boss and do it anyways. I hope DS3 has a similar co-op system in place.

Also for those that want to do a mage playthrough in DS3:

Besides resting at a bonfire, the primary way of recovering FP is Ashen Estus. You can easily allot a number of uses for these blue flasks by speaking with the blacksmith in the hub world. If you have a maximum of 10 flasks (increased by giving Estus Shards found in the world to the blacksmith), then you can designate five for healing Estus and five for Ashen Estus, a decision which can be changed anytime you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    Interesting to see so many reviews praising the lore. Was the lore ever a big thing for Dark Souls?
    For me, the lore is always an integral part. It's not shoved in your face and you don't have to know everything or anything about it to find out more. I love the subtlety of having descriptions of items/weapons tie in with motifs in regions, the way the position of a corpse, or a patch of dead grass next to some normal grass can indicate a visual storytelling cue.

A shattered statue, in an otherwise untouched treasure room can speak volumes and figuring out the secrets of areas can lead you to characters you may never have met, had you not searched them out. The game drip-feeds you lore and scatters it about, leaving you to make ends meet. And where nothing is clear, it gives you room to fill the void of story threads without clear conclusions.

I find the lore compelling, in that I always want to know more about who I've fought, or why a character is in a certain area. I like to know characters motives and how that reflects in their clothing, dialogue or decisions they may make. In the end though, the lore is there for the taking, but will not force itself on you. Some people dig deep into it and draw up charts and timelines, others just skip conversations and hunt down the next boss. Either is a valid option, to be honest.

I think the way lore is presented is perfectly. The souls series is a game that basically dumps you into nothing and only leaves cryptic clues. You get filled with a sense of yearning to learn more about this strange land. A majority of the intros to the games do a great job of this. A perfect example is Bloodborne and the sheer panic you feel as even before the game "starts" you're faced with an epic foe. As you go through the game and discover the secret path to the upstairs of the clinic you learn a pretty disturbing truth regarding the good doctor. It's the subtleness of the lore in the entire souls series is what makes it great imo.

Besides resting at a bonfire, the primary way of recovering FP is Ashen Estus. You can easily allot a number of uses for these blue flasks by speaking with the blacksmith in the hub world. If you have a maximum of 10 flasks (increased by giving Estus Shards found in the world to the blacksmith), then you can designate five for healing Estus and five for Ashen Estus, a decision which can be changed anytime you want.
    So in otherwords if I wanted I could do like 9/1 or 8/2 right?

Really considered making a full mage charater providing its setup isn't like DS2.

Just 1 week away until I get my collector edition/awesome statue lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-04 at 09:56 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Magic better be damn well worth it if I'm gonna be sacrificing estus flasks for it

Deleted
    That is why I think it could be bothersome.
    Sure, you could use heal spells (no idea when you get these though) but they always take waaay longer than using a flask.
    Time`ll tell though

So excited about this game, but I really need to go back and play Bloodborne.

Anyone else feel like they just suck at Souls games even though they're pretty good at gaming in general? I'm gold in LoL and ME2 in CS:GO, and yet I still suck at Souls games...
    It's pretty much just a learning curve i think, it's more to deal with being observant. Learn the attack patterns, find a approach and don't lose your head in the moment when things get rough. But of course the games were designed to trip you up in the first place, So i believe everyone finds themselves in the same shoes as you at some point.

At least that's the case for me.

My biggest complaint for Dark Souls after playing Bloodborne is the UI, I wish you could hide it selectively or make it less obvious. Like I don't always need to see my soul counter, what weapons I'm using etc. Not a huge problem but I like it when UI is minimalistic and before you suggest it no, I don't want to hide all of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    My biggest complaint for Dark Souls after playing Bloodborne is the UI, I wish you could hide it selectively or make it less obvious. Like I don't always need to see my soul counter, what weapons I'm using etc. Not a huge problem but I like it when UI is minimalistic and before you suggest it no, I don't want to hide all of it.
    /shrug

The souls UI is pretty damn minimal IMO... I see no un needed clutter. I play most Ubisoft games, now THAT is cluttered UIs.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Sure, you could use heal spells (no idea when you get these though) but they always take waaay longer than using a flask.
    I'm sure they're intended for use out of combat, to make sure you're in good shape for the next fight.

As for the UI, a way to select which spells, weapons, or items you want to switch to without having to go all the way through the cycle to get to where you want would be fantastic. Its been by far my biggest gripe with From Softs UI design, especially when I've got to go through 9 other items before I get back to my Estus after using a throwing knife.

10+ Year Old Account
    This review is funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    /shrug

The souls UI is pretty damn minimal IMO... I see no un needed clutter. I play most Ubisoft games, now THAT is cluttered UIs.
    Unity has about the same, The Division has less and Far Cry barely has any. Besides I want options, not an overhaul of the standard UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    You could always use mods to change the transparency of the UI, perhaps even one to scale it.
    I use the GeDoSaTo thing & a fair few gfx mods (nothing for cheating), no idea if will work with DSIII though, don`t think it even works with Sotwtf it is called though.

(yeah yeah, I know you`re not meant to, but screw it. Shinier/better looking game \o/ )

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Unity has about the same, The Division has less and Far Cry barely has any. Besides I want options, not an overhaul of the standard UI.
    We have very different ideas of what UIs are then. All the ubisoft games mentioned above have a map taking up significant screen space, and have useless popups and color coding of models all over the damn place. Those UIs are clunky as dog shit and flat out immersion breaking. Souls UI is fine.

Call me crazy for not wanted resources devoted to trying to fix something that's not broken /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting to see so many reviews praising the lore. Was the lore ever a big thing for Dark Souls?
    There's a lot of depth to lore in Souls games, but what it really comes down to is if you personally care about it, since it doesn't shove it in your face and can easily go above the head of many players who just want to kill things.

It was, but as previously said it was never something that was held up in your face as a stop sign, as no "Wait for quest giver to finish giving expositionary dialogue before you may move on to actual gameplay" scripts. It was always there, but if you only cared for gameplay you wouldn't have to notice it.

Yeah its different story telling in dark souls but its so addictive and compelling. Also Hidetaka Miyazak likes to leave room for the gamer to fill in the blanks so to speak and put their own spin on it. He doesnt directly say "this is the story" he leaves clues and item descriptions laying around for you to find and piece it all together. Genius.

So unfortunately, at least from everything I can gather, magic is pretty useless for your first clear. It becomes kinda decent when you get to NG+ if you put all your points towards it, but it still has cast time problems and mana issues.

Offensive miracles are outright useless right now. They do no damage, cost insane amounts of mana, and have reeeaaaally long cast times.

Sorcery is pretty similar, except it does respectable damage at 50+ INT.

Pyro do pretty good damage at low levels if you start as a pyro. But they cost a lot, have long cast times (longer than DS2), and most of the good ones seem to be pretty late game.

You have to turn a lot of flask charges into mana flask charges, which reduces your healing potential quite a lot.

It sucks, since I really wanted to roll a pure caster (still will probably try it). For those of you who also are looking to roll one, be prepared to grind a lot of levels or have a really hard time where melee won't at all. I have been told it's worse than a pure DS2 caster who gets zero cast speed increase.