15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places

Lack of DH in testing raids

I've been watching some of the testing raids as they appear and I'm home to watch them and one thing I notice is there's been like 1 DH per raid in either role but that's it. I know mods aren't allowed atm to see what performance is like but is it that not enough people in the group are looking to roll DH or is it that they aren't good enough yet? I'm just curious how they're being perceived. I just got into alpha this past week and I just started paying closer attention to these things now that I'm starting to relate more to what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenyatta View Post
    I've been watching some of the testing raids as they appear and I'm home to watch them and one thing I notice is there's been like 1 DH per raid in either role but that's it. I know mods aren't allowed atm to see what performance is like but is it that not enough people in the group are looking to roll DH or is it that they aren't good enough yet? I'm just curious how they're being perceived. I just got into alpha this past week and I just started paying closer attention to these things now that I'm starting to relate more to what's going on.
    Been streaming these 2 last bosses and the 2 bosses before that. will link it in my stream thread if you want to watch.

It is a severe lack of DH (and an abundance of Pallies it seems)

Not sure why this is, but DH seems to suffer under the "easy 2 button shit class" reputation it got from earlier testing. I dont think we will see as many DH on LEgion launch as we did with DK's

I've always had at least two other DHs in my groups, so a total of three for 25.. which isn't all that bad, considering people want to flex their old classes changes still.

I see other Demon Hunters, but not many are streaming it seems. Its hard for people without access to actually get to see them.

When you edit videoes, at least when i do, you only show the best parts, or a rotaiton on a dummy. Seeing them in a raid environment is completely different.
    I will write a wholly subjective PoV thing tomorrow and post it here for those that did not tune in. If you want to see the fights, i did post the raw link to my twitch video of the raid testing for April 4th in the other thread, with rough timestamps. Will highlight it tomorrow most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    I see other Demon Hunters, but not many are streaming it seems. Its hard for people without access to actually get to see them.

When you edit videoes, at least when i do, you only show the best parts, or a rotaiton on a dummy. Seeing them in a raid environment is completely different.
    I will write a wholly subjective PoV thing tomorrow and post it here for those that did not tune in. If you want to see the fights, i did post the raw link to my twitch video of the raid testing for April 4th in the other thread, with rough timestamps. Will highlight it tomorrow most likely.
    To this, a lot of streamers have a guild or friend group already, so not everyone can go to demon hunter in the guild, so they're not bothering at all for raid testing.. i've got a few vids that show multiple demon hunters going up and up already, but streaming always ends up pooping on my internet >_<

Because most people probably want to test their own class and what is familiar to be able to perform better in an unknown environment.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    To this, a lot of streamers have a guild or friend group already, so not everyone can go to demon hunter in the guild, so they're not bothering at all for raid testing.. i've got a few vids that show multiple demon hunters going up and up already, but streaming always ends up pooping on my internet >_<
    I hope streaming at least wipes afterwards. Pooping on internet is rude.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Because most people probably want to test their own class and what is familiar to be able to perform better in an unknown environment.
    Lol, DH really don't take very long to familiarize yourself with. Couple hours tops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing happened with Monks this early in MoP testing. I was usually that monk >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't necessarily think it's a stretch to say that people probably want to test raid content (especially given how short testing windows are) as a class that they're already comfortable with, rather then the new class. I may be wrong of course, but it seems like as reasonable explanation as any.

I know in the MoP Beta, even though I knew I was switching to a monk, and had been playing monk through most of the testing period, I did most of the raid testing as Boomkin, simply because 5 years of being a Boomkin > a few weeks, maybe a couple of months as a Monk, especially when you only have sometimes less than an hour to try and gleam what you can about the raid encounters.
    Last edited by Ryuda; 2016-04-04 at 11:53 PM.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Same thing happened with Monks this early in MoP testing. I was usually that monk >_<
    . See I was that monk too. I had grown tired of playing my DK since Wrath and got into monks right off the bat but I often felt unwanted not because I couldn't keep up, it seemed like as time went on less were desired. They brought nothing special. So you'd see 4 rogues, hunters, mages, warlocks, Warriors but maybe 1 monk and if they brought you, you better be a healer. I very much so want to go demon hunter but now that I got alpha access and I am starting to play with talents, I don't want to get too attached to a character that will share the same fate as my monk. I also appreciate everyone for giving solid answers and being a respectful human being!

10+ Year Old Account
    . See I was that monk too. I had grown tired of playing my DK since Wrath and got into monks right off the bat but I often felt unwanted not because I couldn't keep up, it seemed like as time went on less were desired. They brought nothing special. So you'd see 4 rogues, hunters, mages, warlocks, Warriors but maybe 1 monk and if they brought you, you better be a healer. I very much so want to go demon hunter but now that I got alpha access and I am starting to play with talents, I don't want to get too attached to a character that will share the same fate as my monk. I also appreciate everyone for giving solid answers and being a respectful human being!
    It's that weird double standard of everyone wanting something new, except those that try new things are labeled pariahs.

Deleted
    DH is among top performing melee atm, shining in AoE and killing priority targets.

I find it really interesting, maybe its just here on MMO champ, but it seems like all of the people who are genuine about the Demon Hunter class, are very respectful and nice people.

Pretty much the exact opposite of what everyone else thinks the populous of the demon hunter will be made up of. (kids who just want to be illidan, illidanzz, iiilidanxx, etc)

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    I find it really interesting, maybe its just here on MMO champ, but it seems like all of the people who are genuine about the Demon Hunter class, are very respectful and nice people.

Pretty much the exact opposite of what everyone else thinks the populous of the demon hunter will be made up of. (kids who just want to be illidan, illidanzz, iiilidanxx, etc)
    That made me laugh out loud pretty hard thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    I dont think we will see as many DH on LEgion launch as we did with DK's
    I think you still will because most of the playerbase isn't in the alpha and like Blizzard reminds us every chance they get most of the playerbase also doesn't come to sites like these so they will be playing DH. Even if that changed and all the playerbase came to this site and everyone here said that DH were terrible (for sake of argument) people like myself would still play them just to "see for myself".

Well, in a way it's fairly simple. People are testing this early and want to get a bearing on the way raids are going to be in Legion; it's far easier to guage that by playing the class you currently play (sans new mechanics) and get to grips with them, than slot in a new class on top of that melting pot that you don't necessarily know the place of or are comfortable with.

That being said I see a modicum of DHs in testing I see, just that a lot of people who are very much on the fence about rerolling are far more interested in whether they dislike their current spec (and as such need to test that thoroughly) to make the decision and make the jump.

I will however also say it is an incredible uphill struggle to actually explain to people that it isn't a simple spec after the damage was done by a few particular "popular" sources who instantly branded it as such early on and haven't revisited it in 4+ months.

@wordup

Although I agree with your point, it still makes the Demon Hunter class suffer. If you only try it while leveling or in dungeons, you will miss out on helping testing the class in a raid setting. This might create issues further down the road in that particular part of PvE.

We NEED people to test it.

That said; People streaming =/= People testing.

I desperately wanted to be able to get into Alpha to test the Demon Hunter out before live because I really liked what I saw during the Legion reveal. Unfortunately for me I didn't get an alpha invite and most likely will not get a beta either. I will probably try playing it even tho I hear a lot of "piss poor rotation, total lack of utility, etc. etc" rhetoric that seems to be the norm atm.

The negative aspect surrounding Havok hasn't been a thing for roughly 2 months now. Just try it during the prepatch before Legion releases. Until lvl 100 it is pretty 2 buttony though ^^