Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Tracer's butt made me realize the game is about stuff

... that is not shown in the trailer! Since a moderator closed the previous thread and advocated to create a new one when you felt left out... I will do just that.

I am not into ego shooters. I have not played any shooter game since CS, Unreal Tournament and Quake3 on LAN-events.

But when I saw the blizzcon trailer of Overwatch I thought "oh my god, this looks awesome - I must play this!". I didn't follow the game since then at all. I knew alpha and beta testers youtubed and twitched the hell out of the game but... the first thing that made me look into the game "again" was Tracer's butt.

I read the posts, look up youtubers responding... And realize this game is about characters. And these characters are created to fit into a certain perspective. And I realized the game was ALSO about "stuff" I completely don't care about. I have no clue about gameplay, I have no desire for shooters... But with Tracer's butt in focus I lost even interest in the trailer. It made it look stupid and talking to values instead of viewers.

I wished I would have been able to post this in time in the main-Thread since this is just a very small opinion of an outsider but the moderators decided to fish me up here. So sorry, no hate - I am with you when you decide my post as non relevant and not worthy to open this topic again... or whatever @ mods.

So long.

They can cry over tracers pixelized bum all they want. The argument is pretty pathetic. A bunch of adults crying over a set of pixels that resembles an ass.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It's just fat ugly women complaining because they don't have a nice ass. Kinda like those ones that go out publicly being feminist nazi assholes because someone treated them wrong. Who is that one Canadian woman who is super fucking ugly and basically says all men are rapists? Yah fuck her lol. Just angry because even rapists wouldn't fuck her.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    It's just fat ugly women complaining because they don't have a nice ass. Kinda like those ones that go out publicly being feminist nazi assholes because someone treated them wrong. Who is that one Canadian woman who is super fucking ugly and basically says all men are rapists? Yah fuck her lol. Just angry because even rapists wouldn't fuck her.
    is that the woman that ripped off a bunch on morons on kickstarter?

if thats who you are talking about, then your entire description fits rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    is that the woman that ripped off a bunch on morons on kickstarter?

if thats who you are talking about, then your entire description fits rather well.
    Yah that woman too. The one who keeps saying she wants to make Youtube videos for like $100k each and ends up making a small portion of what she promises. Then even then it ends up being like mediocre content at best that everyone already knows lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They can cry over tracers pixelized bum all they want. The argument is pretty pathetic. A bunch of adults crying over a set of pixels that resembles an ass.
    I don't think you really understand what a lot of people find disagreeable about the whole situation.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Wait, which side are you referring here? Because to me it feels like the side that wanted the pose changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Wait, which side are you referring here? Because to me it feels like the side that wanted the pose changed.
    You mean the Overwatch devs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You mean the Overwatch devs?
    Nah, that would be a third camp that sometimes I would like that didn't hear either camp unless we're talking about balance issues.

7+ Year Old Account
    The entire argumentation and discussion was about a lot more then just a bunch of pixels. More then 2000 posts, here on this forum, should explain that to you.

On topic: I do think, that OP is right, that many people, who did not really care about Overwatch, other then it was going to be cool to play, are now deciding if they want to play it or not these days. Maybe not because they have an opnion on the entire butt thing, but because the game became very visual. I am exited to see, if this entire discussion is going to have any visual impact on either the game or its players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    ... that is not shown in the trailer! Since a moderator closed the previous thread and advocated to create a new one when you felt left out... I will do just that.

I am not into ego shooters. I have not played any shooter game since CS, Unreal Tournament and Quake3 on LAN-events.

But when I saw the blizzcon trailer of Overwatch I thought "oh my god, this looks awesome - I must play this!". I didn't follow the game since then at all. I knew alpha and beta testers youtubed and twitched the hell out of the game but... the first thing that made me look into the game "again" was Tracer's butt.

I read the posts, look up youtubers responding... And realize this game is about characters. And these characters are created to fit into a certain perspective. And I realized the game was ALSO about "stuff" I completely don't care about. I have no clue about gameplay, I have no desire for shooters... But with Tracer's butt in focus I lost even interest in the trailer. It made it look stupid and talking to values instead of viewers.

I wished I would have been able to post this in time in the main-Thread since this is just a very small opinion of an outsider but the moderators decided to fish me up here. So sorry, no hate - I am with you when you decide my post as non relevant and not worthy to open this topic again... or whatever @ mods.

So long.
    And thanks for making another thread, and good way to start it out with.

.... Wierd avatar pic though..... Think i have seen it somewhere before.

Yeah I have no idea why they locked the last thread when any new thread that opens up is just gonna get filled with the same shit.

See below for example.
    vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Seems like I'm the only one believing Blizz did this for the attention. Even after the results are seen on every comment and video. All people falling for the same marketing trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Seems like I'm the only one believing Blizz did this for the attention. Even after the results are seen on every comment and video. All people falling for the same marketing trap.
    Or they could have just agreed with the Feedback and made a change in accordance with that feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yup, you're the only one I've seen with that conspiracy theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Or they could have just agreed with the Feedback and made a change in accordance with that feedback.
    Don't be absurd.
    Blizzard are well-known for making a lot of changes to they don't actually want to do. If you were to ask a random person on the street about Blizzard, they'd say "Oh, they're those developers who always do what their fans tell them, and give in to the slightest peer pressure all the time!"
    They've done so all of, like, two times in ten years, which is clearly way too often.

I realised that the most sensitive group of people on the internet are gamers who likes butts..

10+ Year Old Account
    I am suprised why no1 complans abauth those:

Or this:
    http://orig02.deviantart.net/b62d/f/...iu-d7d3h4t.jpg
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Maybe something to do with being a 10 year old game.
    Nothing is going to be changed about that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Or this:
    http://orig02.deviantart.net/b62d/f/...iu-d7d3h4t.jpg
    People were not complaining about the outfit, it was the "fuck me from behind" pose.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    You have some serious issues with women and should probably seek therapy about it before you snap.