Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Well i thought that the WoD levelling experience was the weakest they've ever done and was fed up with it before i even hit Nagrand. I don't think WoD in it's entirety has been worth the box price let alone the initial release.

OP - no way to tell yet but when i saw the followers list, and that fecking mission UI, I pretty much hit a wall. I haven't pre-ordered and the followers have just pretty much decided for me that i won't be back at all. I fear it's going to be the same shit all over again.
    The garrison wasnt the problem though, the problem was the lack of content to do on your own. You only had your Garrison and nothing else to do for almost 2 patches, apart from raiding.
    But if you decide to not return to play the game because of something you see in the alpha version of the next expansion then you shouldnt return, because it almost seems like your looking for a reason not to return anyways

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    The garrison wasnt the problem though, the problem was the lack of content to do on your own. You only had your Garrison and nothing else to do for almost 2 patches, apart from raiding.
    But if you decide to not return to play the game because of something you see in the alpha version of the next expansion then you shouldnt return, because it almost seems like your looking for a reason not to return anyways
    Thank you for telling ME what I am thinking.

The Garrison for ME was a problem, as it was for millions of other players. I hated it from the moment it was announced and didn't want followers to manage. It's false content and it's there to gate other content.

They're sticking with the follower system, albeit in a slightly different way, but the little bastards are still going to be there; we're still going to have to send them via click menu out into the world, and we're going to have to click them again to complete the missions. You can bet your ass it's going to be mandatory if you want to get anything out of Legion.

Ergo same shit all over again. This stuff has no business in what is supposed to be an Action-Adventure MMO RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Agree with you. Imo it will mostly come down to the design of the content, rather than the "ammount" of content.

WoD may have the least content of all expansions (maybe not, it's hard to measure tbh, probably not =P) but what we do know is that it had a lot of content that people didn't want to do. And that is a fault of the design (mainly the reward system, imo), and not really just lack of content.

For instances take a look at invasions. It was reasonbly fun at least to try to get some of the achievements, but a lot of people didn't do much of them because they were locked behind apexis dailies (instead of having a random chance to show up every few days on top of that, for instance). Same for garrison bosses, who were locked behind RNG on invasion bag rewards.

Legion has a lot of potential, but in the end it will all come down to how well it works together, and how well the reward system is designed. It won't matter if Legion has 10x the content of WoD; a lot of people would just do the parts that interest them (ie the parts that award the best gear), ignore the rest, then go to the forums and cry "no content". So imo the reward system especially will be a lot more important than how much content there really is.
    Definitely. In fact, when you look back at some of the older expacs that is exactly what you see... WOTLK gets a ton of praise but 3.0 didnt really have a ton of fresh new content. However, everything was good. Questing, the dungeons, DKs, and even the recycled raid were all fun to engage with. I know a lot of people hated Wintergrasp but I definitely enjoyed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    We wont know until 7.1 and 7.2 are out but 7.0 definitely appears to be a huge step above 6.0 in terms of content.
    I can confirm this, as I am a alpha tester. Alone the dynamic leveling zones fives you quests at any level, where all quests are relevant gear and story wise. Every zone for its own story, but are not connected through zones.
    As you level alts, you can chose to do it in different zones than with your main, and get a different experience than you did the first time
    Also the campaign part for every class offers some experience together with the artifact beginner quest. That however dosnt take more than 15-20 mins, but it is different and unique for every spec.

Regarding future content patches, no one but blizzard knows about it. But I would be surprised if we didn't get some more raid tiers this expansion.
    So far (to me) Legion looks very promising and have great potentials
    It is still alpha (I know some claims that its official beta) and things can still be changed alot. But with the beta - key contest on different forums, it looks like we are getting closer to the beta

I hope so. But it is way to early to tell.. we only have acess to pvp talents and leveling atm. Leveling seems like WoDs. while pvp is basically wods but with pvp talents afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I doubt it. Even F2P mmos pump out way more content. Something is seriouly wrong at blizzard if they go a year plus with nothing.
    Most of the other big mmos left still put out at least one expansion a year or 2-3 big content patches.
    Only when it comes to wow it seems theres a magical force field that slows down content creation and the few rabid fanbois left seem to buy it.
    They really believe that it took blizzard a year to come up with random maps and models that a single guy can make in a few days. They also didn't notice that when the legion so called alfa went public it looked like they started working on it a few weeks before they announced it.

Impossible to confirm if we will get better content patches and truth be told even if they said they were delieving on them today I wouldn't buy into it either. It is something you just got to see it to believe at this point. Because most of my trust for the written and said word by Blizzard is kind of betrayed. Not to say it isn't something that cannot be earned back but it will have to be done through actions instead of words.

I doubt Blizzard is stupid enough to pull another WoD in terms of content. I am anticipating something similar to MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I doubt Blizzard is stupid enough to pull another WoD in terms of content. I am anticipating something similar to MoP.
    I want to believe that but the truth is outside of increased number dungeons at launch it is looking pretty grim for Legion. Professions and bounty quests may break up the monotony. Too early to tell.

Chilton said shorter expansions still the goal at blizzcon, so i would not expect like 3 tiers like mop and before. However i do expect 7.1 to be a more legit content patch, though i expect that to be a lot of recycled stuff too. Think they asked about kara revamp 5 man, which will probably be like 2-3 wings but pass it off as much content. We'll see, Im trying to be optimistic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I doubt it.

Blizzard keep talking about more frequent expansions rather than more content within an expansion. WOD completely failed at that goal, which I expect will be repeated in Legion.
    This ^.

Blizzard has had the idea since BC to do annual expansions. The idea simply will not die at Blizzard HQ. They still believe they can pull it off and are still trying to accomplish the goal of annual expansions. I don't recall any significant outcry from the fan base for faster expansions over the past seven years I've been playing but Blizzard acts like everyone wants it. Someone once said no one but Blizzard can kill WoW. I agree. This may be the thing that does it. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by TheFreeman; 2016-04-04 at 01:44 PM.

More frequent expansions are more work than just adding new raids or other content, they keep biting over more than what they can chew and we're the ones that pay the cost.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Looks like Blizzard was half assing WoD from the start to try to release expansions faster (lack of content, "6.1", flight being removed so we couldn't find the areas Blizzard left unfinished, only 2 raid tiers, a LOT of sandbox content with little direction otherwise). Overwhelmingly negative feedback threw a wrench into Blizzard's plans which pushed back Legion's release so they could add more to it. Chances are Legion was likely intended for a release before the movie, but after the complaints with WoD, Blizzard realized we wouldn't tolerate another expansion like that.

What's a shame is I remember people giving positive feedback for 5.1 and 5.2, but then Blizzard did Timeless Isle in 5.3. Rather than WoD being based off 5.1/5.2, it was based off the cheaper option of 5.3. That suggests to me WoD was either really rushed with little thought on whether or not players actually LIKED Timeless Isle or if Blizzard was cutting corners. Since reps were added last minute and major grinds and Blizzard failed to add engaging content past leveling ... which in of itself had issues such as the disconnect with Doomhammer in Talador, it feels like Blizzard was doing both (rushing and cutting corners). Begs the question what the "largest team in WoW history" is really doing. Rather sad a team of around 35 people made WotLK, but a team of 200 made WoD.

I'm sure Blizzard is aware they can't do a WoD 2.0 with Legion or the game will lose subs even faster than WoD did. Even if they're not publishing subscription numbers anymore, you can still feel when there's fewer players to play with. There's hope Legion will have more content than WoD, but Blizzard has to get players past any biases they have or all that possible content might be for nothing. Personally, I'm loathing many of the class changes, I'm disliking scaling zones because that's no different that Timeless Isle or timewalking (lazy way for Blizzard to "add content"), I don't like the artifact system, and I'm not much liking the direction of the story. Only thing thus far I find mildly interesting is the transmog system. Demon Hunter I'll end up playing just like everyone else, but can't say I'm overly impressed. Blizzard has to convince me that things are better than I think to consider Legion is worth $50. And I have 3 accounts so that's $150 + the subscription costs for 3 accounts. On top of that, I have to buy a new computer for not only myself but also my brother because our computers are either at the minimum specs or below it in Legion. So Blizzard has to convince me that Legion is worth $2000 or better and so far they haven't. I bought a PS Vita just so I could play Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation. Ubisoft released the game on PC a year after I bought it. So I spent around $300 on a game I could have waited a year and got it for $20 on my preferred platform. To this day, I still don't have any other games for the Vita. I'm not playing that game with Blizzard. There's not many other games out at the moment that I want to play that require above what my computer is so it's not like I can split the cost across multiple games.

Perhaps the best way to ensure Legion has content is to wait to come back until the final patch is out. That way you can level through all the zones, do all of the release max level content, then do the patch content before 8.0 hits. If you finish before 8.0 comes out, then perhaps Legion didn't have enough content but at least you had more to do than someone who was there from 7.0's release to 8.0's.

I honestly don't get why Blizzard doesn't just build patches early and then sit on them. They need to better stagger releases. If they have 6 patches and intend to release an expansion 2 years after the release of the current one, then there's no reason why they can't take those 6 patches and split it semi evenly over that 24 months. Six patches would be one every 4 months, but final patches should last a little longer (but not a year!). So they should be out every 2-3 months. For example with 3 month system for 6 patches:
    Prepatch - Patch 7.0 - July
    Legion - Patch 7.0 - September
    Patch 1 - Patch 7.0.5 - December
    Patch 2 - Patch 7.1 - March
    Patch 3 - Patch 7.1.5 - June
    Patch 4 - Patch 7.2 - September
    Patch 5 - Patch 7.2.5 - December
    Patch 6 - Patch 7.3 - March
    Prepatch - Patch 8.0 - July
    Next Exp - Patch 8.0 - September
    4 patch system every ~4 months
    Prepatch - Patch 7.0 - July
    Legion - Patch 7.0 - September
    Patch 1 - Patch 7.0.5 - January
    Patch 2 - Patch 7.1 - May
    Patch 3 - Patch 7.2 - September
    Patch 4 - Patch 7.3 - January-March
    Prepatch - Patch 8.0 - July
    Next Exp - Patch 8.0 - September

Blizzard has terrible planning when it comes to spacing out content. What would help Legion by itself would be Blizzard actually making a deadline and keeping to it not only for the release but also for patches. But Blizzard fails time and again with that so can't say I expect Legion to be much better than WoD. Blizzard has a large enough team to have 3-4 groups working on various things from patches to the next expansion. There's no reason why a smaller company can release patches monthly or every two months and Blizzard struggles with releasing one every quarter. That just shows Blizzard is really disorganized and has poor planning. It doesn't build confidence.

Maybe Blizzard should do dynamic releases. They front load expansions with almost everything but things become unlocked as regions finish them. I.E. If a set percentage of players have finished mythic raids, a buff is activated that begins to nerf the content for other players to do it. Once the region hits a combined percentage between heroic and mythic raids being completed, the next tier is triggered to be unlocked which has to be unlocked via a region wide effort akin to the Isle of Thunder or something. Blizzard can do a similar system with arena seasons. Once a set number of players hit a certain rating, it triggers the final month of the season and the start of a new one about 2-4 weeks after that. Or with dailies, once a region does X number of dailies, it triggers a new area players can do and/or unlocks a new dungeon. Making them region wide rather than server ensures semi-equality when it comes to unlocking things. Does penalize slower regions when it comes to server first races with raiding, but that would give Blizzard a reason to add an incentive to help raiders to do things. It would engage MOST players and not just a tiny percentage. Relying on Blizzard to release content when players want it is just stupid, though. They fail every expansion. So may as well let players unlock it when we want to. Then Blizzard can focus on adding in more unlockable content in patches that perhaps either expand off what was available at release or is completely new.

Players have let Blizzard get away with screwing around with content. Doing the SoonTM thing only supports Blizzard being given permission to screw around. Players need to stop giving Blizzard permission to be pokey. We should be requesting solid dates. We should be giving ultimatums. There is no reason for Blizzard, as large as they are, to release content far slower than a much smaller company with a much smaller team. And yet players allow them to do it. So will Legion have more content than WoD? The better question is how many players will roll over and accept anything we get even if Blizzard gave us a patch with the only thing in it being Snapchat integration? If players accept patches with minimal content, Blizzard will try to get away with the bare minimum until the only players left are the die hard fans. Legion shows signs of cost cutting and corner cutting to me with things like PvP talents having many abilities that used to be available to PvE and PvP or were removed in previous expansions and artifacts are a callback to the old talent trees which are once again 1% increase to something stupid (oooo, so interesting), and demon hunters as well as the apparent return of Illidan, Alleria, and Turalyon are just for fan service. Illidan seems to be kidnapped and a "damsel" in distress we'll either have to rescue or kill as a raid boss again. Alleria and Turalyon will probably either end up dead or conveniently never show up physically so we just end up on another wild goose chase chasing them around. Hell, even the new four horsemen just seem like a fan service. Nazgrel's back? What about Taylor? Guess he got abandoned on Draenor. Whitemane? Trollbane? Tirion? Malfurion seems like he's going to end up gone again so if Illidan doesn't end up dead or another raid boss, he might finally get Tyrande ... or we'll have that carrot dangled in front of us only for Blizzard to laugh maniacally and do a 180. I can't wait to see what stories Blizzard brushes under the rug to be forgotten. /sarcasm There's way too many story lines in Legion for Blizzard to do any of them good service. Something's going to get ignored ... or be supposedly left for another expansion. How long have we waited for Alleria and Turalyon again? What about poor Koltira? Artifact stories are already repetitive (unholy DK, balance druid, and affliction warlock are nearly identical among others) suggesting Blizzard was running on fumes with those. So what else will be half assed? Guess we have to wait until beta starts when more players can get in to give story line and content reviews, etc.

Guess I could just say alpha is alpha and things will change by release. Maybe Blizzard will pull a lot more content out of their ass by the time beta starts ... but I honestly don't see them adding much more. What's left? A few zones and some raid testing? Unless Suramar (and that one island) has a LOT of content we're not seeing or there's something massive unlocked at 110, Legion doesn't look like it has much in all honesty. Hope you're ready to do the same dungeons that you leveled in once you hit 110 and to go back to the various zones to do scaled content that you could have done 10 levels earlier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Justice View Post
    I hope they go back to the MoP model,without the 14 month last raid,what I mean is :
    7.0 - Raid tier + all new systems/world content etc
    7.1 New world content area/hub
    7.2 Raid tier + world content area/hub/event + maybe new dungeons
    7.3 Same as 7.1
    7.4 Final raid tier and new world content/hub+maybe some dungeons

Say what you will about MoP but after the drop in subs after Launch (Which wasn't as dramatic as WoD's) it managed to retain the sub numbers at a steady number untill like 8 months into SoO,which is understandable. The patches without raids keeps everyone engaged with more new content,it doesn't even need to be something big,like the Krasarang stuff in MoP. It wasn't huge,but it had a new rep faction,cool story quests,some dailies,new gear etc. Better then the Selfie patch we got in WoD. Adding like 1-2 dungeons on top of that type of content would be amazing.

But yeah,we don't know about their plans yet,they did recognize that the patches in WoD we're a mistake and 6.1 shouldn't have been labeled as a "major" patch at all.
    You are damm right my friend,

This is exactly what I'm hoping for, and I didn't expected Blizz to do what they did with the patches in WoD (especially after the great MoP patches, aside from releasing the raids to close to each other instead of waiting 2 more months for each)

10+ Year Old Account
    More content? Sure they will:

Patch 7.1.0 : Instagram integration
    Patch 7.2.0: Tumblr integration
    Patch 7.3.0 End of exp raid with 4 bosses to last 3 years until the next exp

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Doubtful. Why would they produce more content when people are willing to pay for less?
    There was less content because WoD was their first real all-in attempt at catering to raiders and it cost them about 5 million players...rather then catering to both groups of players.

You often hear about how Blizzard caters to casuals, I've even heard people say WoD did this but you know how you can tell Blizzard tried catering to raiders and not casuals (or a mix of both) in WoD? because outside of raiding there is basically zero content, catering to casuals would technically mean an increase in content and not a decrease which is what WoD got.

Remember when people used to have to go out and farm materials for flasks and all that other stuff you needed for raiding? well now from the looks of it they can just do it from within their garrisons, why would they do this? what was so wrong with having to actually go out and farm stuff? well it is easier for raiders now so they can spend more time pulling bosses rather then farming mats because that is what the game has become, super focused on raiding and nothing else.

How do people obtain mats in WoD? well you can get them from your garrisons
    How are professions in WoD? you don't even need to learn certain professions to be able to gather the materials, Blizzard just gave you free herb/mining plots
    How do people obtain Seals for extra loot rolls in WoD? you just buy them with gold or garrison resources so no need for dailies
    Speaking of dailies, Where did they go? we don't need to do dailies for extra raid rolls anymore since they just cost gold now so here we added like 2 dailies
    Where do you get gold from in WoD? Garrisons/Treasure Hunter trait
    If you want to buy Seals with garrison resources for whatever reason you can get those from your garrison

How convenient.

It's amazing how that works, Blizzard released WoD which catered to raiders and casuals were left holding their dicks and within a handful of months about 5 million people quit...all these raiders and armchair raiders who complain about casuals/game being easy have basically been complaining about something they caused without even noticing it...

I hope Blizzard learns from mistakes they make and Legion has content outside of raiding

Nope things will be exactly the same as they are now we will just stop calling it WoD and move to Legion. Seriously though nobody knows. Nothing is finished, they are still in alpha testing. While they probably wont add any more features then what is currently being tested we don't know and wont until the game is live. They could also go back to the way they used to do things and patch in dungeons and other things as the expansion moves along.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I just cant see Blizzard surviving another Warlords of Draenor type of expansion, so for their survival I sure do fucking hope so.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Think of it this way; will the box content (7.0 content) out the gate be worth the box price? That's sort of how I see it.

I know I'll probably be getting my money's worth in that first month alone, it's the subsequent months of payments that are more of a question mark. Will you get maybe over 50 or even 100 hours of content with the first month of Legion? If you aren't off-put by the theme and genuinely enjoy yourself, then I'd say the box price should be fine.

Unfortunately, there's no real way to know if you'll enjoy the content until you play it. The patches that come after launch, well, no one knows what will be in them, and frankly that should be content to persuade you to keep a sub running, more than anything.
    This is exactly how I look at it. The box plus a month sub is basically the cost of a AAA game. If I get that much enjoyment out of it, yay. Will I stay? Depends what they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is exactly how I look at it. The box plus a month sub is basically the cost of a AAA game. If I get that much enjoyment out of it, yay. Will I stay? Depends what they do.
    I have the same mind-set, I always argued that WoD was the value of the price, since 7.0 occupied me a month to complete, which is pretty much longer comparing to any other ps4/xbox one type of game, which probably would last 7+ hours of game-play, but 6.1 was not worth the subscription.