Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Testing today on the raids, my personal thoughts, as affliction all you do is dot like crazy. There is very little time to channel drain life or soul whatever you spec into. The burst isn't bad but if you get capping shards you spam UA. The ticks are nice but a lot of tab targeting and not tunneling.

Here is some logs feel free to check it out.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=13
    Mages... Those bastards!

Yep good ole Mages.

I honestly can't wait to see destro's outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Mages... Those bastards!
    There hasn't been one number tweaking in favor of balancing yet, lets not roast mages yet. Or do cause mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia101 View Post
    There hasn't been one number tweaking in favor of balancing yet, lets not roast mages yet. Or do cause mages.
    I dont hate Mages, my best friend is a Mage.

There has been some number tweaking with classes for the record.

Just none that are mainly focusing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia101 View Post
    Yes indeed, they will definitely be buffing hunters to ensure that they or mages stay top dps as is customary

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Yes indeed, they will definitely be buffing hunters to ensure that they or mages stay top dps as is customary
    Yea lets start of battle on why pure dps like hunters, mages , and warlocks should be top dps!! LOL "sarcasm"

Since Affliction is granted such great self-healing, can we maybe have a damaging spell or something that would cost health, outside of Lifetap, Healthfunnel, ect

did testing on Il'gynoth as affli today, not sure how blizzard thinks that this type of gameplay is rewarding or enjoyable...
    an example of the burn phase
    https://youtu.be/wr96QBcTmBw?t=234

and the log to go with it:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=74
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Is there some kind of mana drain that occurs or something? Your mana seemed to drop pretty alarmingly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercell View Post
    Is there some kind of mana drain that occurs or something? Your mana seemed to drop pretty alarmingly fast.
    Nope, just standard mana loss in Legion.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Mana melting when draining is no joke lol

Quote Originally Posted by Atroxe View Post
    Jebus save us.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    did testing on Il'gynoth as affli today, not sure how blizzard thinks that this type of gameplay is rewarding or enjoyable...
    an example of the burn phase
    https://youtu.be/wr96QBcTmBw?t=234

and the log to go with it:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=74
    I really hope they do another number pass. That's kind of depressing and I figure affliction is going to be top raid spec and destro will still be cleave.

Balance aside, after watching all of the currently released raid previews that Fatboss have been doing an excellent job of, I've been trying to view them from the perspective of someone trying to gauge which spec is going to be most appropriate for that fight, and from that, get an idea what spec to main and dump most of my artifact power into for the raids overall.

Originally I was expecting Destro to be the natural go to. But considering how many of these fights have a LOT of constant movement (recent view of Spellblade is a prime example), as well as spread out priority adds that need focus/aoe, I think I'm swinging my opinion back around to Affliction. And it's a view that's driven primarily on mobility. Destro used to be brilliant for movement in Mists, it was definitely one of it's strong suits. WoD gutted almost all of that. Legion, it seems, is making the problem even worse. We all know that, while Demo is going to be a pretty solid single target sustained burn spec, it's add switch ability is almost non-existent. Which leaves Legion affliction.

In it's current legion alpha state, an affliction lock has by FAR the highest number of meaningful spells it can cast while on the move. Now that the spec is steering away from being so drain-centric, and with Haunt now a (currently sub optimal) talent, this leaves Affliction with only one spell that isn't instant, UA. Between applying Agony to all spawning adds, the versatility of Absolute Corruption, maintaining Effigy and (less interestingly) Life Tap, Aff has a meaningful amount of it's dps on the move. This combined with seed being such a large AoE burst gives me a lot of hope. Unless Destruction's yet to be revealed 'portals' turn out to be a game changer, I can actually envisage myself mainspec Aff and offing Demo for ST. Depending on balance, perhaps just going aff for everything.

I wouldn`t be surprised if demo did most damage of the three(as is) on a movement fight...vs single target
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-04-05 at 11:51 AM.

so i did raid testing and here is the problems with affi
    1- The souls have a 100% spawn increase during aoe/seed explosion dmg but on multi target and single target its around 1-3 per min
    2-I was trying to chose a grimiore for tree boss but idk which one I wanted, service feels out of place as hell in a dot spec,and it was a multi target fight so I want a grimiroe that empowered our dots(sacrifice doesn't seem like it procs a lot)
    3-pet pathing is a huge problem
    4- This is known but our gold ring perks really suck and probably why we mechanically feel bad we don't gain any awesome bonuses from reaching the gold perks
    5-you can't demonic circle out of frozen tempest -.-
    6- when there is 1-2 adds out shard regen still sucks which means that our % chance to generate shards doesn't increase in Ilvl (we were scaled to 899)

Blizz messed up, and instead of merging Drain Soul and Drain life, they merged Drain Soul and Drain Mana

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    I really hope they do another number pass. That's kind of depressing and I figure affliction is going to be top raid spec and destro will still be cleave.
    That is depressing lol yes its alpha but damn xD

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    They haven't even started tuning passes yet.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.